The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

What have you done with our summer???

Started by Bricktop, December 08, 2021, 08:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Frood

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=429942 time=1639044396 user_id=61
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=429941 time=1639043918 user_id=1676
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=429939 time=1639043182 user_id=61
Could this be caused by earth's axis change and I always thought gas emission is supposed to make the earth warmer as they claim.  ac_umm

Just cycles that last longer than modern sensors in the sea and formally placed ones near areas that have now become built up heat sinks.

My great great and great grandfathers kept meticulous records as farmers going back to the later part of the 1800's. Weather has always been nuts, and our families originally fled extreme weather in the early 1800's. Starvation level weather...

Damn that sucks, though I'm kind of confused but wasn't your family from the US or you guys travel between Oz and the States often?

Both sides of the family trace back all over Europe... probably beyond.

One side left an Irish island in the mid 1800's (product of bizarre genealogy) and the other side I wouldn't necessarily say left anywhere but just spread out over 1000 years or more everywhere from Europe into the New World, as did the Irish contingent.

The genetic markers were expansive and unexpected...

Then I married a free settler offspring from Australia.

She's mostly Irish and English in genealogy but no location that my genes have been near for 300-400 years.... at least.

My lil sister went to university to study history and got hooked into genealogy before she changed her major. She was able to parse back a few hundred years or more through digital records and in house visits at courthouses and the like, along with extensive DNA tests, to piece together everything we've always been told and what we weren't told.

My biological grandfather was a POW in the Philippines in WW2.... at the same time, the grandfather I knew that was ready to deploy as a Bomber pilot was stopped because the war was ended.

My great grandfather rode calvary in WW1, but he never mentioned it.

I had relatives who rode wagons for supplies in New York State for the resistance during the revolutionary war. I had rellies who died at Gettysburg. I had relatives that were part of the French Canadian fur trade and their offspring got denied access to the US and had to sneak in as illegals. I've got Jewish blood too... a 50+ year old farmer in Bavaria that married a teenage widower.

I've got the charts, thanks to my sister, that we were descended by a third born (therefore utterly worthless) daughter in the British crown who had to flee.

...and a notable historical scientist I won't mention.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429933 time=1639034259 user_id=1560
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=429916 time=1639025652 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429915 time=1639025553 user_id=1560
These Canucks don't see to give a toss about our hypothermia.

:indiferent:

I remember you posting about temperatures above forty.

Well it's barely above TWENTY!!!

https://i0.wp.com/news.csdpool.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/xtremecold.jpg?fit=2000%2C1400&ssl=1">

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=429883 time=1639016200 user_id=3254
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=429880 time=1639016007 user_id=1560
21 - 11C

Like I said, freeeeeeezing.

Our summer weather.

You don't get the humidity like we do in Southern Ontario.

Bricktop

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=429945 time=1639058758 user_id=3254

:laugh:

Why do you mock our suffering???

:34nilpj_th:

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=429943 time=1639051622 user_id=1676
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=429942 time=1639044396 user_id=61
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=429941 time=1639043918 user_id=1676
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=429939 time=1639043182 user_id=61
Could this be caused by earth's axis change and I always thought gas emission is supposed to make the earth warmer as they claim.  ac_umm

Just cycles that last longer than modern sensors in the sea and formally placed ones near areas that have now become built up heat sinks.

My great great and great grandfathers kept meticulous records as farmers going back to the later part of the 1800's. Weather has always been nuts, and our families originally fled extreme weather in the early 1800's. Starvation level weather...

Damn that sucks, though I'm kind of confused but wasn't your family from the US or you guys travel between Oz and the States often?

Both sides of the family trace back all over Europe... probably beyond.

One side left an Irish island in the mid 1800's (product of bizarre genealogy) and the other side I wouldn't necessarily say left anywhere but just spread out over 1000 years or more everywhere from Europe into the New World, as did the Irish contingent.

The genetic markers were expansive and unexpected...

Then I married a free settler offspring from Australia.

She's mostly Irish and English in genealogy but no location that my genes have been near for 300-400 years.... at least.

My lil sister went to university to study history and got hooked into genealogy before she changed her major. She was able to parse back a few hundred years or more through digital records and in house visits at courthouses and the like, along with extensive DNA tests, to piece together everything we've always been told and what we weren't told.

My biological grandfather was a POW in the Philippines in WW2.... at the same time, the grandfather I knew that was ready to deploy as a Bomber pilot was stopped because the war was ended.

My great grandfather rode calvary in WW1, but he never mentioned it.

I had relatives who rode wagons for supplies in New York State for the resistance during the revolutionary war. I had rellies who died at Gettysburg. I had relatives that were part of the French Canadian fur trade and their offspring got denied access to the US and had to sneak in as illegals. I've got Jewish blood too... a 50+ year old farmer in Bavaria that married a teenage widower.

I've got the charts, thanks to my sister, that we were descended by a third born (therefore utterly worthless) daughter in the British crown who had to flee.

...and a notable historical scientist I won't mention.

Holy smokes!  That is quite a lot of accomplishments by your ancestors, and a insanely long lineage with history.  It looks like most of your grand ancestors were soldiers that fought in quite a number of wars.  While my family barely know what is before my great great grandparents, most of us were just rural folks to commoners, the most I know is my great grandpa from my dad's side once built a school with the money he earned during his life as a government official while his son(my grandpa) was wealthy enough be addicted and live off of opium, and that's all there is too it, lol.
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

I don't mind heat and humidity if I don't have to work in it. Panama is really hot and humid.

Bricktop

Never mind heat and humidity.

We're freezing here!!!

You're not listening!!

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=430046 time=1639103637 user_id=1560

We're freezing here!!!

You're not listening!!

Poor baby. You might not be able to go in the pool on X-mas Day.

Frood

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=430060 time=1639105819 user_id=56
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=430046 time=1639103637 user_id=1560

We're freezing here!!!

You're not listening!!

The pool heater is definitely going on.

And we're wearing beanies on our heads the whole time.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Listen, my little Yum Cha...it's summer.

There was no spring, when temperatures could get into the mid 30's most years. But now we're in summer.

And I've only been in the pool ONCE since April.

I don't think you're seeing the gravity of the situation.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=430076 time=1639110565 user_id=1560

Listen, my little Yum Cha...it's summer.

There was no spring, when temperatures could get into the mid 30's most years. But now we're in summer.

And I've only been in the pool ONCE since April.

I don't think you're seeing the gravity of the situation.

Think positive. The temps might drop 25 degrees and then you can skate on your pool on X-mas Day.

Bricktop

Why do I bother? Canadians don't care about anyone else but themselves.

If you don't hear from either Freud or myself, you'll know that we've frozen to death.

In SUMMER. Then you'll wish you were more compassionate.

Oliver Clotheshoffe

Life is too short to be in a hurry

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oliver Clotheshoffe" post_id=430128 time=1639168857 user_id=3349
">

lol, Bricktop thinks so.

Bricktop

Laugh it up, snow monkeys!!! Relish our despair!!!