News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

How many days,weeks, months before a war with Russia happens?

Started by Frood, December 18, 2021, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Bricktop

As I said before, Russia is sabre rattling...and rolling the dice.

It would not want a war. It is vastly outgunned.

">

And these are NATO forces only. If things became grim, NATO would rely on allies such as Australia, Japan, Israel and perhaps but unlikely, South Korea to assist. Non NATO European nations are ex Soviet lackies and would have no love for Russia.

Russia is pretty much isolated, with perhaps its only friends in the world being Belorussia, Armenia, Cuba and Syria. Perhaps Serbia.

Not exactly an imposing force.

Russia is also outgunned technologically.

Frood

War against Russia wouldn't get sold well to the public unless there was a false flag event.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

I agree.

Nobody gives enough of a toss about Ukraine to care what Russia does.

But if they do attack, its going to cost them big.

Frood

Attack is a very loaded word. It implies that Russia isn't within its rights to fend off aggressions along its borders.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=431568 time=1640038384 user_id=1560
As I said before, Russia is sabre rattling...and rolling the dice.

I cannot agree with that. The security of the EU and the US are not affected one way or the other by having soldiers and armaments on Russia's border. But, it's a red line that Moscow will do anything it has to to stop.

Europe is in the middle of a power and heating shortage. Crossing the Kremlin's red line while Europe is so dependent on Russia for heat and hydro is not a smart move, especially when they have nothing to really gain by it.

Stop floating NATO membership to the Ukraine. It is a really cunty move. In the end, Ukrainians will suffer since they are so dependent on Moscow for energy.

Bricktop

I agree with you there. NATO will know that there is a red line. If I was Russian, I would sternly resist NATO expansion, too.

I also agree that NATO is out of order by closing in on Russia. I think it is both wrong and stupid.

I would have no issue with NATO giving Russia a commitment to encroach no further. That is fair and reasonable.

BUT....NATO has a problem. If Ukraine applies to join NATO, and they are rejected, you can be sure Russia will interpret that as a green light to order the tanks in. In other words, denying Ukraine membership will see its demise.

Both sides need to sign a treaty that guarantees no NATO expansion into Ukraine, and no Russian military intervention from the other side.

It sounds a simple enough solution, but stupidity appears to be overruling reason. I am sure this is what Russia is seeking and no more. Border security for Ukraine's independence.

I think we're actually in accord. If I reflected otherwise I apologise for the confusion. You are quite right that NATO has to pull the brakes on.

Frood

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/russia-warns-address-our-security-concerns-or-we-will-create-them-for-you-by-putting-nukes-in-venezuela-and-cuba">https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.ph ... a-and-cuba">https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/russia-warns-address-our-security-concerns-or-we-will-create-them-for-you-by-putting-nukes-in-venezuela-and-cuba
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Once again, you make reference to a completely disingenuous and speculative piece of fiction.

Look at the headline.

Then read the "story", and take careful note that nowhere does the alleged words highlighted in the headline appear in the quote of the Russian official. The headline is taken from a speculation by the author at the end of the piece...a classic sleight of hand by pseudo journalists of the modern age.

This is typical of the hysteria mongers of the internet age.

This is not to detract from the seriousness of the situation and the merit of Russian concerns, but it is an excellent example of fear mongering by modern "news" channels to draw attention and $$$$.

These people are our true enemy.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

cc

He's not Karen. He's Right, that drivel sucks

I am Karen.

Your memory is short and your person is fickle
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frood

You're both act like Karens.... however, you most often.
Blahhhhhh...

cc

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=431728 time=1640154209 user_id=1676
:001_rolleyes:

Whatever, Karen....

Awww...c'mon little fella. Argue I'm wrong. Just for a change. Try to debate with fact and reason rather than infantile invectives.

I know you can do it!!! I believe in YOU!!

:smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

cc