Replies: 10554
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:33:35 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aylana

A

We are becoming a flame forum

Started by Anonymous, January 04, 2022, 08:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=433331 time=1641362774 user_id=1560

But arguing and abusing are 2 different things, and there are a large proportion of the members here that are being rather abusive to their peers.

If we were that interested, we might search back until we find a post that took the "I disagree" approach and made it "You're a fucking idiot" debate.

But we're not that interested. As the senior citizen here, I could call upon you kiddies to act like adults, but I doubt anyone would take notice.

But I cannot help but wonder where this path leads? How many forums have disappeared in the last few years simply because members couldn't play nicely any more.

The forum is so much better since those two idiots started that-said nobody.

Cronus

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=433337 time=1641369169 user_id=1676
1. Make it clearer that the main board is for discussion and Rejected or whatever is for shit slinging. Spirited debates are fine but take it to Rejected if you want to sledge with impunity. There you can do anything legal or non TOS violating to your hearts content.....but it stays there.

2. Consider allowing call out threads on the main board to redirect into Rejected so people can put each other on notice publicly but not have it destroy the serenity of the main page.

3. Repeat violators get their avatars changed to something embarrassing for a predetermined amount of time, and a three strikes and a time out policy for the feisty ones with pancake butts (Hi, Shen!.... ac_razz )

4. Mild stirring is acceptable on the main page threads. Maliciousness not. Most of us can recognize the difference except possibly Mainlanders who can uniformly press leaves and flowers for scrapbooks with just their butts....

5. Memes are allowed in any thread but no single person can post more than 5 except if it's a dedicated meme thread.

Cool, I can make a spread sheet for each thread to keep up with the number of meme's posted.  ]

6. If debate adversaries in a main page thread refuse to read/view/watch/listen to information or multimedia supplied by the other, the onus is on the person doing the refusing to cease debate or they should take it to Rejected and carry on. No legitimate discussion can happen if one side refuses to deal with the other side's sources, even if they are considered suspect by one party.

Current rules

5. If we believe your intention is to be irritating, obnoxious or make the board less fun for others we will confine to Rejected or revoke your posting privileges.

The way the "debate" is going on vaccines, this rule could apply, and I would be required to restrict 7-8 members there. I can only imagine how that would be recieved. Although, not much imagination is needed to know how much outrage would come from members about that.

7. If you are going to troll, please do so in the Rejected section of our board.

In other words, for the most part, do what the original forum rules say to do. We need members to remain within the context the original rules lay out. The last thing we need is more rules.

I guess we could restrict people to rejected, but I can only imagine how that will go down when someone believes they are right and others are wrong. Lord knows how many "I didn't start it they did" we will get out of that. Right now due to the language/attitude that is going on, I would restrict some on both sides of the issue to rejected. There is no debate going on here. People are firmly entrenched.

Maybe we need another (gasp) sub forum for debate. I could move threads there to keep the crap down. Of course we would still have all the butt hurt that would bleed into other forums so probably not a good idea.  
QuoteIn other words, for the most part, do what the original forum rules say to do. We need members to remain within the context the original rules lay out. The last thing we need is more rules.

People have insulted each other enough that bad feelings have developed between members. I may wind up moving all of the vaccine threads to rejected. But then again, it wouldn't do any good, it seems those bad feelings creep their way into all threads.

All in all, it winds up on the backs of the adult members to police themselves in these threads. I can't make you change, and if I go the tough route, a good number of y'all will be restricted to rejected for quite a while.

Basically, some of you need to slow your roll on the main and take it to Rejected before I have to force the issue.
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....

Anonymous

I don't think anybody needs to be confined to Rejected or should be.

I have seen you move posts there when things got out of hand on the main board. People usually get the message right away when that happens. Calm quickly returns. Anyway, that's my cents.

Cronus

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433361 time=1641386503 user_id=2015

But arguing and abusing are 2 different things, and there are a large proportion of the members here that are being rather abusive to their peers.

If we were that interested, we might search back until we find a post that took the "I disagree" approach and made it "You're a fucking idiot" debate.

But we're not that interested. As the senior citizen here, I could call upon you kiddies to act like adults, but I doubt anyone would take notice.

But I cannot help but wonder where this path leads? How many forums have disappeared in the last few years simply because members couldn't play nicely any more.

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433359 time=1641386383 user_id=2015
We got rid of Seamoron, but his two sons are here carrying on their dad's work.

Thanks for convincing me to move this thread.  ac_biggrin
the best circus always has the biggest freakshow.... thats just the human condition....

Anonymous

Quote from: Cronus post_id=433364 time=1641387066 user_id=1583

Oh shit. SB will know exactly who to blame.

Cronus

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=433365 time=1641387119 user_id=2015
Quote from: Cronus post_id=433364 time=1641387066 user_id=1583

Oh shit. SB will know exactly who to blame.

Trust me you're not the only one...LOL

Anonymous

IHJ, I don't care that this thread has been moved. The purpose of this thread was a reminder that we are not a flame forum. We have this section for spam and school yard battles.

Frood

Given the entrenched views held by many members here, I'd have to seriously consider whether proceeding with a turn the other cheek approach or vacating entirely would be the best option.

I don't say that as a threat but how I feel people like Blazor and me have been held to a different standard, and to a lesser extent....DSM.

Though in DSM's defence (not that he needs it), he approaches all this in a flippant manner. I do too.... but from an animalistic place he probably doesn't get.

When I see disparities on how people engage with us, I'm like "alright, motherfucker.....game on". It isn't personal on my half but I will get under such a skin and get them barking like a feral dog or make them bark like a cat pretending to be a feral dog. It's what I do....I'm good at it. I've had over 35 years of practice doing as such. When I read between the lines and ascertain the underlying thoughts, motives, insecurities, egos, and hubris... I attack but more to the point, I set up domino blocks and bide my time. I don't need a panel of judges to render judgement on whether I'm successful. I can read it for myself and celebrate or try harder the next time should I not quite get the result my goal was aimed for.

This is online chess.

I suck at offline chess.

But if you want such an animal to be marginally domesticated (and I have done it to myself multitudes of times since I first registered here in 2015 for various reasons), you've got to apply the same pressure to your flock.

I'm actually not a nasty fellow and I don't believe anyone here is nasty either.... except maybe Shen Li's pancake arse farts...

....but I can't abide by double standards and if I have to behave, I expect others to follow the same regiment.
Blahhhhhh...

deadskinmask

well.... my attitude towards this is pretty laid back.... my journey wasn't so much one of 'discovery' so much as it was an 'unburdening of issues'.... things that seem to latch on and drain you of your reasoning and independence.... i shook all that shit right off.... i know this is gonna get worse before it gets better.... i also understand that i can't make anyone come with me.... so its not really an issue for me.... yeah.... i think yall made a terrible error in judgement.... and yeah. i think yall have fucked yourselves and your future generations.... but i also know that until 'they' announce it, explaining it to yall is pointless....

Anonymous

I can only speak for myself. I don't take issue with anyone who disagrees with me. Fash and cc know I wanted a regular left of centre poster to challenge my fiscal conservatism. Unfortunately, the ones who registered were drive by artists. Such is forum life.

cc

Why was this thread which was made to address and fix a serious problem rather than just let it go on  .. of all threads   ... moved here?

especially when there has been so much site-wrecking & usually childish junk posted of late
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blazor

Quote from: cc post_id=433412 time=1641417181 user_id=88
Why was this thread which was made to address and fix a serious problem rather than just let it go on  .. of all threads   ... moved here?

If I had to guess, it was when Iron Horse started hurling insults.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

cc

????????????????????????????????

I just checked IHJ's posts and they were not 1/100th as bad as what we have been getting of late. He was quite gentle from what I saw

And he did not use a single dumb meme NOR a  plethora of embarrassing childish laffy faces and insults DESIGNED to  turn the site into a Kindergarten

He did nothing out of line  .. unless expression of the decent many feel is a problem here now
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Blazor

Ok CovidKaren  :001_rolleyes:

Perhaps you should move on, if you want it to stop.

Blazor

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview