News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Japan and Australia sign reciprocal access agreement on defense(RAA)

Started by Anonymous, January 15, 2022, 03:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=435484 time=1642627768 user_id=56
QuoteWhat is China's current official name?

People's Republic of China(PRC).

QuoteWhat was the official status pre-ww2?

It was part of Japan from 1995-1945 as a result of the Treaty of Shimonoseki.

QuoteDid that make his proclamation of retrocession legal?

Nope, but Chiang didn't care.

QuoteI understand that, and that makes the argument that it never broke from China as it was not part of China}

It was and is part of China. CKS, pretended it was China.

Whats your social credit score?

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=435497 time=1642632079 user_id=136
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=435484 time=1642627768 user_id=56
QuoteWhat is China's current official name?

People's Republic of China(PRC).

QuoteWhat was the official status pre-ww2?

It was part of Japan from 1995-1945 as a result of the Treaty of Shimonoseki.

QuoteDid that make his proclamation of retrocession legal?

Nope, but Chiang didn't care.

QuoteI understand that, and that makes the argument that it never broke from China as it was not part of China}

It was and is part of China. CKS, pretended it was China.

Whats your social credit score?

Social Credit was the name of a now defunct socially conservative party in Canada.

cc

True.  Social Credit AKA "Socreds"  ruled BC for a long while .. like 40 years with only a single short NDP break

BC was fairly conservative until 1990 .. although it was their going VERY conservative that finished them

Odi - I think China is the only one issuing Social Credit scores, assuming they followed through on it
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=435492 time=1642630176 user_id=3254
Quote from: cc post_id=435490 time=1642629133 user_id=88
Well, seems if it was part of Japan (no matter how it got to be), it was fair game after they surrendered  & Chiang beat China to the draw

What happened to the sovereignty of Taiwan after Chiang acting as an agent of the victorious USA?

Did it automatically return to the then Republic of China as the generalissimo claimed?

No, that can only be accomplished through a treaty which is how Taiwan became part of the Empire of Japan..

Taiwan's soverignty has never been held by either the Republic of China or People's Republic of China for one day..

Chiang Kai Shek's authoritarian regime exercised effective territorial control over an area(Taiwan), but not sovereignty.

So, the last president of China before communism accepted the surrender of the Japanese, but he told the Chinese this was a legal return of Taiwan to China and it was not?

Odinson

Quote from: cc post_id=435517 time=1642634778 user_id=88
True.  Social Credit AKA "Socreds"  ruled BC for a long while .. like 40 years with only a single short NDP break

BC was fairly conservative until 1990 .. although it was their going VERY conservative that finished them

Odi - I think China is the only one issuing Social Credit scores, assuming they followed through on it

I´m aware that it is a Chinese thing.

I´m insinuating that Shen is an agent of the Chinese government.

Odinson

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=435551 time=1642652403 user_id=136
Quote from: cc post_id=435517 time=1642634778 user_id=88

I´m aware that it is a Chinese thing.

I´m insinuating that Shen is an agent of the Chinese government.

She is saying it was a Canadian thing until the 1970's.

cc

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=435550 time=1642652008 user_id=2015
Well, seems if it was part of Japan (no matter how it got to be), it was fair game after they surrendered  & Chiang beat China to the draw

What happened to the sovereignty of Taiwan after Chiang acting as an agent of the victorious USA?

Did it automatically return to the then Republic of China as the generalissimo claimed?

No, that can only be accomplished through a treaty which is how Taiwan became part of the Empire of Japan..

Taiwan's sovereignty has never been held by either the Republic of China or People's Republic of China for one day..

Chiang Kai Shek's authoritarian regime exercised effective territorial control over an area(Taiwan), but not sovereignty.
So, the last president of China before communism accepted the surrender of the Japanese,
- yes, I believe so

Quotebut he told the Chinese this was a legal return of Taiwan to China and it was not?
- not that I know of

I'll bow to fash for exact details
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "iron horse jockey" post_id=435550 time=1642652008 user_id=2015

Taiwan's soverignty has never been held by either the Republic of China or People's Republic of China for one day..

So, the last president of China before communism accepted the surrender of the Japanese, but he told the Chinese this was a legal return of Taiwan to China and it was not?

Retrocession Day in Taiwan is based on a lie started by dictator Chiang Kai Shek.

Bricktop

The big worry for me is that this issue is a matter for China.

That the US staunchly backs Taiwan is based on the same principle it backs Israel, South Korea and Ukraine.

It wants outposts close to their traditional enemies.

Does the average US citizen care much for Koreans, Israelis or Ukrainians?

Frood

The average American is fed a bunch of bs about American exceptionalism and evil adversaries which want to end liberty and godliness.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Has been for decades.

That's why their government gets away with sending their sons and daughters to die in jungles and deserts.

Frood

If it weren't for Pearl Harbor, much of the other conflicts never would have had public support....
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

Its true that the attack on Pearl Harbor was convenient for Roosevelt and Churchill.

Anonymous

Quote from: Odinson post_id=435653 time=1642739986 user_id=136
Its true that the attack on Pearl Harbor was convenient for Roosevelt and Churchill.

IN FDR's case, do you mean to enter the war?