Locked down!!!!

Started by Bricktop, January 22, 2022, 05:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436188 time=1643147602 user_id=1560
Quote from: "cc"
In Aussie baseball, 2 strikes and you are out ac_biggrin

We don't play baseball.

We play cricket. One strike and it's goodbye.

I'm fully aware of basic cricket rules. Was just smartassing you ... in  a friendly way of course   ac_smile

While in UK as a teenager, got invited to a Sunday afternoon cricket afternoon  ... It was all males on the field, but as guest they invited me to play a while on a sunny Sunday afternoon outing in the UK

As a member of the school softball team I at least had that skill with me - I held the bat thingy like a baseball bat & the kind bowler threw me one waist high ...  We got a few runs or whatever they call it

Then a smartass poor sport got the bowler (I think he's called) to throw it high & he hit one very hard directly at me - fortunately I caught it and tried to pretend my hands didn't hurt

It was a Sunday afternoon social event with the ladies visiting each other & putting out the goodies (food that is .. what they did after, I didn't ask)
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Bricktop

Ah, a game of social cricket on the village green...a British institution.

(I am fully aware it was in a friendly way).

cc

Yes, a whole afternoon  social event .. It is  a fond memory .. got treated really well albeit an oddity  for them or likely because of that

Did a real tour of Southern UK as a teen ... got as far north as S Yorkshire .. also stayed on  Guernsey a while where part of family is from  .. what a wonderful place

Bricktop

Ay, by gum...all the way oop to Yorkshire, where cricket is a religion. You must therefore have passed close to my home town. Peterborough.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436657 time=1643332782 user_id=1560
Ay, by gum...all the way oop to Yorkshire, where cricket is a religion. You must therefore have passed close to my home town. Peterborough.

I don't recall that name - was headed for Harrogate where grandfather, a bomber navigator is buried .. also stayed with wonderful people in Castleford - they adopted & regularly  tended his grave and regularly communicated with my mother .. Wonderful people  .. we stayed a few days in their house

Had my first Guinness at a pub in Castleford

Bricktop

About 100km north of Peterborough.

Anonymous

Baseball is almost a religion in Taiwan..

But, very few people, save for a few who studied in Australia or Britain know cricket.

Frood

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=436643 time=1643326581 user_id=1560
I can't watch it anywhere. A terribly boring and tedious game.

I can watch it after playing a season of indoor and outdoor.
Blahhhhhh...