News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Ut oh. Is this the start of Canada's civil war?

Started by Bricktop, February 06, 2022, 07:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=438210 time=1644335906 user_id=3254
Quote from: Herman post_id=438201 time=1644301157 user_id=1689
David Zegarac is a sexual predator who targets young women and children and has a history of doing so in cities across Canada.

Antifa draws some pretty sick individuals.

They are not very fussy about who joins.

cc

It was no coincidence that at least 2 of the antifa guys who attacked Rittenhouse  had long records
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=438167 time=1644291652 user_id=88
Winnipeg Terrorist Who Ran Over Trucker Protesters Identified As Antifa Member David Zegarac

https://blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/David-Zegarac-Antifa-Terrorist.jpg">

The suspect arrested over the car-ramming attack against the "Freedom Covoy" protesters in Winnipeg, Canada is an Antifa member with a long history of far-left militantism in Manitoba.

David Alexander Zegarac, 42, of Headingley, Man., allegedly sped off to try and escape after the attack on Feb. 4, 2022, which injured four people.

He ran multiple lights and resisted arrest when he was finally caught around 40 minutes later.

Even here in Winnipeg there this isn't a leading story.

Anonymous

Finally, a Liberal MP with balls.

Liberal Quebec MP Joël Lightbound says he's uncomfortable with the federal government's handling of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, saying its pandemic response has become "politicized" and "divisive."

Pointing to more than a dozen developed countries that have started to do away with restrictions already, Lightbound said Tuesday it's reasonable to rethink Canada's COVID-19 approach as it becomes increasingly clear that the world will be dealing with this virus for years to come.

Lightbound said people who question existing policies should not be "demonized" by their prime minister.

"I can't help but notice with regret that both the tone and the policies of my government have changed drastically since the last election campaign. It went from a more positive approach to one that stigmatizes and divides people," Lightbound said.

Lightbound — a former parliamentary secretary to the minister of finance —  said he hopes his comments will push Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his cabinet to "adapt to the changing reality of the pandemic and of the world."

cc

Yes. I heard him .. he sounded sincere and impressive as such .. or he's rolling the dice for future position

I gotta say this whole thing is a really bad joke on all of them.

First, ...  regs have all been Provincial, so apart from the border issue (which I was with them on),

hassling the feds (Ottawa) can do no good whatsoever

Second, ... all Provinces had reg cutbacks in planning previous to and nothing to do with this cornball fiasco ... in fact, some long planned cutbacks are being rolled out now .. as planned

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=438244 time=1644354542 user_id=88
Yes. I heard him .. he sounded sincere and impressive as such .. or he's rolling the dice for future position

First, ...  regs have all been Provincial, so apart from the border issue (which I was with them on),

Second, ... all Provinces had reg cutbacks in planning previous to and nothing to do with this cornball fiasco ... in fact, some long planned cutbacks are being rolled out now .. as planned

Most regs are provincial, but some like testing and quarintine rules on entry to Canada are federal.

cc

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=438249 time=1644355331 user_id=114

Most regs are provincial, but some like testing and quarintine rules on entry to Canada are federal.

I have said that the border (only) is Fed many times in qualifying my statement that "daily life" regs as ALL Provincial

Anonymous

Quote from: cc post_id=438250 time=1644355531 user_id=88
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=438249 time=1644355331 user_id=114

I have said that the border (only) is Fed many times in qualifying my statement that "daily life" regs as ALL Provincial

And that's part of the easing they want to see.

cc

That's what they say. My point was that targeting Ottawa  & Now Ambassador Bridge (the biggest mover of Canadian goods and 1,000s of workers) were big mistakes

Actually as I have said they all were mistakes as regs were going to be removed anyhow ... and I would hope the border thing is removed ... that was a HUGE Fed mistake ... but the partying quickly lost sight of it as non truckers glomming onto it didn't care about that at all and managed to change the start agenda totally to their own agenda

Bricktop

Quote from: cc post_id=438208 time=1644303992 user_id=88
Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438202 time=1644301266 user_id=1560
What is demonstrates is that the hatred and division that lays the foundation for civil conflict IS present in Canada. To what extent, who can say.

But it is clearly there.

From the wording, the intended inference escapes me.

In short, what caused you to say that?

Apparently you have Antifa in your midst. This is an organisation based on division and hatred.

Anonymous

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438254 time=1644358625 user_id=1560
What is demonstrates is that the hatred and division that lays the foundation for civil conflict IS present in Canada. To what extent, who can say.

But it is clearly there.

Apparently you have Antifa in your midst. This is an organisation based on division and hatred.

Progs say it is only an idea, not an organization.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438254 time=1644358625 user_id=1560

But it is clearly there.

There are a few around ... followers of wonky critters .. . a similar phenomenon to the "glom on" to people in other countries agitator here

Anonymous

Bricktop

I don't think I've ever suggested it was. Quite the contrary. Once a "movement" starts in the US, our "me-too's" leap on it like a seagull on a dropped chip.

However, at the moment, Canada seems to be the focal point of civilian dissent. And a member of Antifa allegedly took violent action against protestors.

World War 1 was started by a single gunshot.

cc

If it continues,  the antifa types may glom onto it and use it for their purposes .. It's a bit of a natural setup for them to play off of

That said, I suspect the originals will snuff then out "tout de suite" (at least in Quebec  :wink: )