The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Video for Bricktop....

Started by Frood, February 09, 2022, 06:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Zetsu

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438663 time=1644558290 user_id=1560
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438656 time=1644557364 user_id=1676
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=438632 time=1644550820 user_id=3254
Most of us on here have mentioned at one time or another what we do....or in the case of retired posters like kiebers, Herman, and Bricktop what they did..

I admit I was curious what Dinky did for work.

Since you've asked politely, I don't mind mentioning some generalities.

From 2013-2020, load planning/scheduling for interstate AB double rigs, rail, and reefer sea freight containers.

Before that (from around the time Bricktop and I met online), Internal Logistics, Inbound Receiving, and non OEM materials distribution for an automotive corporation.

Prior to those jobs and for a couple of short term contracts during, a mining based corporation's mechanical division.

These days, as cw has pointed out, a stay at home Mr. Mom type though I expect to be leaving for the state of NSW soon for the prospect of mandate free employment.

Put another way, Freud was a clerk for a trucking company.

What a asset to society he is.

They're easily replaceable, that's for sure.  Yet the truckers and their lapdogs give themselves too much credit.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438659 time=1644557502 user_id=1676
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438645 time=1644552883 user_id=61
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=438642 time=1644552451 user_id=56
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438641 time=1644552159 user_id=61
Lol, out of all the choices out there, he choose to be a housewife, so much for his flaming at me for living with my parents due to my disability and claiming he had moved out when he was young.  :laugh3:

You contribute to society, he doesn't.

There's no doubt about it, you and Herman refine and deliver the oil to the masses, Bricktop keeps the public safe, though my business might not be a necessity but at least I have np tearing my competitors a new one with our low price and high quality apparel detailing services, meanwhile Dinky here spreads his ass for a living.  :roll:

Do your charge extra for the pigeon shit stains on your t-shirts?

My brother never let me brings the pigeons and quails to work b/c he was worried about shit stains too.  :sad:

Frood

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=438667 time=1644559421 user_id=3254
Most of us on here have mentioned at one time or another what we do....or in the case of retired posters like kiebers, Herman, and Bricktop what they did..

From 2013-2020, load planning/scheduling for interstate AB double rigs, rail, and reefer sea freight containers.

Before that (from around the time Bricktop and I met online), Internal Logistics, Inbound Receiving, and non OEM materials distribution for an automotive corporation.

Prior to those jobs and for a couple of short term contracts during, a mining based corporation's mechanical division.

These days, as cw has pointed out, a stay at home Mr. Mom type though I expect to be leaving for the state of NSW soon for the prospect of mandate free employment.

Seems like he did dispatching too, besides some warehouse type work.

I've worn multiple hats,  often simultaneously.

I can't say a lot of what I have done though... there are NDA's in place, and what I could say here might blow back on me in real life....unlikely, but why chance it..

The best way to describe it is like the character Neo in the second half the movie, "The Matrix"... the numbers scrolling across his vision.

I know what Bricktop did before retirement... he actually was a clerk who would set up some rather archaic software at PD's...

He was like the Count from Sesame Street...  :laugh:
Blahhhhhh...

Frood

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438670 time=1644560033 user_id=61

They're easily replaceable, that's for sure.  Yet the truckers and their lapdogs give themselves too much credit.

Never was employed by trucking companies or been a clerk but I have had them contracted or working under me.  :pop:
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438674 time=1644560538 user_id=1676
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438670 time=1644560033 user_id=61

Never was employed by trucking companies or been a clerk but I have had them contracted or working under me.  :pop:

Different toilet, same old shit, simply to say you work at some kind of logistic hub or port.

Frood

If you don't understand an industry, it might be best to remain quiet....

Just a suggestion.

I wouldn't pretend to know what you actually do in yours but I have taken screenprinting short courses a couple of decades ago, and decided it was too fidgety and expensive for my needs at the time so I turfed it in. Later, the thermal digital prints improved and I again looked into it....along with dropshipping, but the market was saturated and designs were getting stolen online, so no go..

Yet all that or as little as that is enough to engage in a general conversation with you whereas you literally know nothing except "food and stuff comeszezs on teh truckz and boatz".
Blahhhhhh...

Zetsu

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438677 time=1644562364 user_id=1676

Just a suggestion.

I wouldn't pretend to know what you actually do in yours but I have taken screenprinting short courses a couple of decades ago, and decided it was too fidgety and expensive for my needs at the time so I turfed it in. Later, the thermal digital prints improved and I again looked into it....along with dropshipping, but the market was saturated and designs were getting stolen online, so no go..

Yet all that or as little as that is enough to engage in a general conversation with you whereas you literally know nothing except "food and stuff comeszezs on teh truckz and boatz".

I'll never remain quiet about it.  ac_razz  All I know is that even a crane operator at a freight port in HK (when it was still the biggest in the world) only makes 30grand a year, and he's doing the same thing over and over again.

Silk screen printing is stone age tech, not to mention it causes lung cancer, so it's a no no.  Same goes with HTV, doesn't cause lung cancer but also stone age tech and we're not interested in it.  Though we have a sublimation printer and interested in gas dyeing some polyester tees, but then we use it more for a hobby rather than making money since the investment is less than 10 grand.  What we use at work is a DTG printing line, running and operating it isn't an issue, finding improvised solution to fix any of the 4 main machineries when it malfunctions is the part where most owners give up and surrender their business.

Frood

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438678 time=1644563591 user_id=61

Just a suggestion.

I'll never remain quiet about it.  ac_razz  All I know is that even a crane operator at a freight port in HK (when it was still the biggest in the world) only makes 30grand a year, and he's doing the same thing over and over again.

Silk screen printing is stone age tech, not to mention it causes lung cancer, so it's a no no.  Same goes with HTV, doesn't cause lung cancer but also stone age tech and we're not interested in it.  Though we have a sublimation printer and interested in gas dyeing some polyester tees, but then we use it more for a hobby rather than making money since the investment is less than 10 grand.  What we use at work is a DTG printing line, running and operating it isn't an issue, finding improvised solution to fix any of the 4 main machineries when it malfunctions is the part where most owners give up and surrender their business.

Interesting.... is it a diy dtg line with cis ink reservoirs or an off the shelf whiz bang system?

As for crane operators in hk, that figure seems extremely low but I haven't been on one in 17 years and only keep my tickets from expiring. I'd say port operators in the West would be on at least 65-70k plus overtime and penalty rates....so around 90-100k pa...

Port operators are a protected class. Even the people who drive new vehicles off a boat get at least that much.
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438673 time=1644560452 user_id=1676

The best way to describe it is like the character Neo in the second half the movie, "The Matrix"... the numbers scrolling across his vision.

I know what Bricktop did before retirement... he actually was a clerk who would set up some rather archaic software at PD's...

He was like the Count from Sesame Street...  :laugh:

You're so full of shit.

You were a transport and shipping clerk. An occupation that demands an IQ roughly equivalent to being able to sneezing into a tissue without missing.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=438678 time=1644563591 user_id=61

Just a suggestion.

I don't know anything about your business Zetsu..

And even after you explain it I still don't.

ac_blush

Anonymous

I can see now how DD has time to watch videos that are longer than most movies.

cw_

What have we learned?

Stay at home Mom is one of the most noble vocations and it contributes greatly to society.

Putting designs on clothing is irrelevant.

Anonymous

He has the nerve to call me choo choo boy. I have never met a freight train locomotive engineer who has quit to get a better job as a trucking company monkey.

cc

Quote from: Bricktop post_id=438682 time=1644569118 user_id=1560

You're so full of shit.

You were a transport and shipping clerk. An occupation that demands an IQ roughly equivalent to being able to sneezing into a tissue without missing.

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=438683 time=1644569521 user_id=1676
ac_toofunny

Ok, Luddite...

To my surprise, you appear to have the self-confidence  to be able to laff @ yourself
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell