Replies: 10547
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 04, 2024, 10:46:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

• Forum gossip thread 4 0 5 4

Forum gossip thread

Started by Erica Mena, May 20, 2022, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 47 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Biggie Smiles

His face must have been wrapped in plastic one too many times as a child

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=472028 time=1661024569 user_id=3254
Quote from: RAVEN post_id=472025 time=1661024103 user_id=3352

HAHAHA... Oh he can be a stinker..  We've had some pretty nasty fights, for sure lmao!!  The thing about SM is, once you say something that pisses him off, he'll stick you like flies on shite. It got so bad one time that I couldn't post in ANY thread without him making some rude comment.. He's relentless.  There are worse people to dislike, imo, tho.  I'm sure you know who my least favorites were.. :)  lol

I agree RAVEN..

What we noticed when he was here is how easily he takes offense and how irrational and childish he is once he has decided someone is his enemy..

Renee feels he suffers some type of cognitive dysfunction.

Sounds like sour grapes.  Every poster you don't like has to be crazy or mentally retarded.  Otherwise, how could you feel superior to them?

Anonymous

Quote from: RAVEN post_id=472032 time=1661025638 user_id=3352

I agree RAVEN..

What we noticed when he was here is how easily he takes offense and how irrational and childish he is once he has decided someone is his enemy..

I hear ya, Fash :)  Like I said, I didn't have to discuss politics with him but saw where he got horribly nasty with anyone discussing anything Trump.  I did this chop of his avatar just to be a shit :D lololol  ac_toofunny  

">

He must not have liked The Apprentice..

Dinky, Herman and Shen upset him when he was here..

He would post the same school yard insults about them ten times a day.

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=472033 time=1661025797 user_id=3382

I agree RAVEN..

Sounds like sour grapes.  Every poster you don't like has to be crazy or mentally retarded.  Otherwise, how could you feel superior to them?

He really didn't help himself with the repetitive embarrassingly childish insults.

Anonymous

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=472035 time=1661026038 user_id=3254
Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=472033 time=1661025797 user_id=3382

He really didn't help himself with the repetitive embarrassingly childish insults.

Like I said in another thread, no one is owed his/her real persona online.  I've been around long enough to know that almost no one really has "cognitive" issues, it's just people who don't like them who make these armchair psychoanalyses.

There are, of course, exceptions.  Poofer being one.  The guy is as immature as you can get.

Seamajor sounds like he's just trolling, and it bothers people enough that they respond, but it sounds like he's getting fewer bites every day.

Garraty_47

I don't often toss in my 2¢ when "flamers" are being discussed because as far as I'm concerned that's like arguing over whether dinosaurs had scales or feathers.

It's only relevant to people who are interested in ancient history.

If someone is being an asshole and calling it "flaming" they're just an asshole. End of.

Anonymous

Quote from: RAVEN post_id=472037 time=1661026197 user_id=3352:pop:

:laugh:

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=472040 time=1661026434 user_id=3381
I don't often toss in my 2¢ when "flamers" are being discussed because as far as I'm concerned that's like arguing over whether dinosaurs had scales or feathers.

Like myself.  I have a flame encyclopedia upstairs.

And it was definitely feathers, if for no other reason than to make Jurassic Park a blockbuster fuckup.

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=472039 time=1661026401 user_id=3382
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=472035 time=1661026038 user_id=3254

Like I said in another thread, no one is owed his/her real persona online.  I've been around long enough to know that almost no one really has "cognitive" issues, it's just people who don't like them who make these armchair psychoanalyses.

There are, of course, exceptions.  Poofer being one.  The guy is as immature as you can get.

Seamajor sounds like he's just trolling, and it bothers people enough that they respond, but it sounds like he's getting fewer bites every day.

Poofer is about as immature as one can get. But, SM lacks the ability to troll. Hell, he can't even spell misleading. He's a baffoon. :laugh3:

Garraty_47

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=472045 time=1661026956 user_id=3382

Like myself.  I have a flame encyclopedia upstairs.

And it was definitely feathers, if for no other reason than to make Jurassic Park a blockbuster fuckup.

After watching several 'Useless Farm' YouTube clips I'm convinced emus are direct descendants of the T-Rex. LoL

Anonymous

If someone is being an asshole and calling it "flaming" they're just an asshole. End of.

I am a Topix veteran. There aren't many posters left that actually like discussions. Assholery, flaming or whatever you want to call what is happening here and at the other forum is a poor substitute.

cw_

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471990 time=1661016017 user_id=3254

My heart hasn't been in it lately..

This forum will be ten years old in five weeks..

In the past six months I have seen two posters I like very much become very sick..

Two more I like have become part time posters and another poster I'm fond of complains about flamers..

There simply isn't enough posters left to have so many forums..

If you bring SG back online I won't compete with you..

If you think you can improve this board as the owner that is a possibility too..

If you do neither, I'll continue for another year.

Have you considered that you have been alienating TBC members by the site changes that give preference to those whose entire purpose is personal insults and forum drama?

Garraty_47

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=472052 time=1661028215 user_id=114
I am a Topix veteran. There aren't many posters left that actually like discussions. Assholery, flaming or whatever you want to call what is happening here and at the other forum is a poor substitute.

I don't know this for a fact... I haven't researched it at all... but:

Maybe with the rise of social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, which will definitely throttle/ban people for being incessant assholes, a lot of folk are now getting their 'discussions' there and people who are addicted to assholery don't have many choices except PHP/VB forums unless they don't mind proxying up and creating a new FB/Twitter account every week?

I'm not saying everyone in forums are the dregs of social media, that's obviously not the case, however it might help explain why there seems to be an unusually large concentration of ill-tempered vulgarians hanging about.

/shrug

Anonymous

Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=472055 time=1661029402 user_id=3381
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=472052 time=1661028215 user_id=114

I don't know this for a fact... I haven't researched it at all... but:

Maybe with the rise of social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, which will definitely throttle/ban people for being incessant assholes, a lot of folk are now getting their 'discussions' there and people who are addicted to assholery don't have many choices except PHP/VB forums unless they don't mind proxying up and creating a new FB/Twitter account every week?

I'm not saying everyone in forums are the dregs of social media, that's obviously not the case, however it might help explain why there seems to be an unusually large concentration of ill-tempered vulgarians hanging about.

/shrug

I'm not saying everyone in forums are the dregs of social media either. I know that is not the case. But, it doesn't seem there is still a place for posters like myself, cc, Zetsu, and Azhya that use message boards to discuss whatever.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=472053 time=1661028856 user_id=3226
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=471990 time=1661016017 user_id=3254

My heart hasn't been in it lately..

This forum will be ten years old in five weeks..

In the past six months I have seen two posters I like very much become very sick..

Two more I like have become part time posters and another poster I'm fond of complains about flamers..

There simply isn't enough posters left to have so many forums..

If you bring SG back online I won't compete with you..

If you think you can improve this board as the owner that is a possibility too..

If you do neither, I'll continue for another year.

Have you considered that you have been alienating TBC members by the site changes that give preference to those whose entire purpose is personal insults and forum drama?

Bingo!