Replies: 10480
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:01:32 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

• Forum gossip thread 4 0 5 4

Forum gossip thread

Started by Erica Mena, May 20, 2022, 03:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 32 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Garraty_47

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=472057 time=1661031135 user_id=114
I'm not saying everyone in forums are the dregs of social media either. I know that is not the case. But, it doesn't seem there is still a place for posters like myself, cc, Zetsu, and Azhya that use message boards to discuss whatever.

I wish I could offer up a magic bullet that would slay all the problems and leave everything else intact but nothing's that easy.

Ignoring the people trying to bait certain folk or otherwise drag threads off-topic is simple but can be effective if applied consistently.

Having a hidden invite-only sub, or a sub only viewable by people in a particular usergroup, is an option though with obvious vulnerabilities and flaws (someone in the usergroup gets upset and starts C&Ping the board to other subs, or shares their account, etc.).

But there's really only so much the Admin(s) can do, really, without the risk of slipping into excessive Goderation mode which has it's own drawbacks.

I dunno man, but I'll keep thinking about it and let you know if I get lucky and inspiration bonks me over the head with anything.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: RAVEN post_id=472064 time=1661031774 user_id=3352
Quote from: cw_ post_id=472053 time=1661028856 user_id=3226

Have you considered that you have been alienating TBC members by the site changes that give preference to those whose entire purpose is personal insults and forum drama?

I don't post here much, but I do look in every once in a while and I don't see any "flamers" or nasty posters here.  When I do see a personal cut-down/argument it's normally pretty mild and somewhat light-hearted.. and  appears to be in an appropriate thread. I've noticed a couple of people here complain about the content in some threads and not liking it, but here's the deal, if a user doesn't like what is being discussed, they have an option of not looking at that thread. Pretty simple, imo :)   Again,this is my own opinion/observation :)  

This site is pretty mild and I rarely see people shit posting in serious threads such as politics and appears that everyone is pretty good at staying on topic.    Perhaps I overlooked all of the drama and insults here that you are talking about?.. Also, you said something about Fash making site changes..  What changes has she made that make you feel alienated?   Do tell :)

Never mind Cw_ she was neglected as a child and doesn't have many friends in real life and therefore feels the incessant need to stick her giant ass sniffing beak into every discussion with dry and unsolicited advice whether it concerns her or not. That is of course, when she's not to busy latching on to my ankles like they were the fucking fountain of youth. She's like some weird digital mother hen who needs watering regularly. Like a plant.

Mind you, this is a person who owned a forum for like 7 years and if it had more than 10,000 posts total from all 8 of it's members when it collapsed I'd be stunned

Legend has it that she actually destroyed the place trying to write in some complex algorithm that dropped a unique post every time a tumbleweed went passing by a member's screen.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=472053 time=1661028856 user_id=3226

Have you considered that you have been alienating TBC members by the site changes that give preference to those whose entire purpose is personal insults and forum drama?

I don't post here much, but I do look in every once in a while and I don't see any "flamers" or nasty posters here.  When I do see a personal cut-down/argument it's normally pretty mild and somewhat light-hearted.. and  appears to be in an appropriate thread. I've noticed a couple of people here complain about the content in some threads and not liking it, but here's the deal, if a user doesn't like what is being discussed, they have an option of not looking at that thread. Pretty simple, imo :)   Again,this is my own opinion/observation :)  

This site is pretty mild and I rarely see people shit posting in serious threads such as politics and appears that everyone is pretty good at staying on topic.    Perhaps I overlooked all of the drama and insults here that you are talking about?.. Also, you said something about Fash making site changes..  What changes has she made that make you feel alienated?   Do tell :)

I might have been too quick in agreeing with cw. The only big change has been Flea Trap and I like that section. I did offer a suggestion with a favourable poll result that was ignored. That was disappointing.

I want to make clear there are no posters here I have a problem with. There has been a change in focus on this forum. I know a lot of people considered this place boring, but I liked the discussions about the merits of COVID restrictions, a flat tax, or how pervasive Islamic radicalization is.

I have been here for over nine years. Maybe the cross forum gossip is just another phase that will pass In short time. I hope so.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=472076 time=1661033266 user_id=114

I might have been too quick in agreeing with cw. The only big change has been Flea Trap and I like that section. I did offer a suggestion with a favourable poll result that was ignored. That was disappointing.

I want to make clear there are no posters here I have a problem with. There has been a change in focus on this forum. I know a lot of people considered this place boring, but I liked the discussions about the merits of COVID restrictions, a flat tax, or how pervasive Islamic radicalization is.

I have been here for over nine years. Maybe the cross forum gossip is just another phase that will pass In short time. I hope so.

What's happening is the result of recent decisions made on another forum..

Both sides will eventually get tired of trashing each other.

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=472076 time=1661033266 user_id=114

I did offer a suggestion with a favourable poll result that was ignored. That was disappointing.

I missed this part..

The changes you wanted didn't have support despite what the poll showed..

A number of posters told me they weren't interested in turning this into an anonymous only forum.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: RAVEN post_id=472085 time=1661037199 user_id=3352
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=472071 time=1661032264 user_id=3214

Never mind Cw_ she was neglected as a child and doesn't have many friends in real life and therefore feels the incessant need to stick her giant ass sniffing beak into every discussion with dry and unsolicited advice whether it concerns her or not. That is of course, when she's not to busy latching on to my ankles like they were the fucking fountain of youth. She's like some weird digital mother hen who needs watering regularly. Like a plant.

Mind you, this is a person who owned a forum for like 7 years and if it had more than 10,000 posts total from all 8 of it's members when it collapsed I'd be stunned

Legend has it that she actually destroyed the place trying to write in some complex algorithm that dropped a unique post every time a tumbleweed went passing by a member's screen.

I will try to remember to follow her lead and make sure I fart rainbows and pixie dust in her presence  :001_tongue: lol

">

ac_lmfao  :roll:

Anonymous

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=472052 time=1661028215 user_id=114
Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=472040 time=1661026434 user_id=3381
I don't often toss in my 2ยข when "flamers" are being discussed because as far as I'm concerned that's like arguing over whether dinosaurs had scales or feathers.

It's only relevant to people who are interested in ancient history.

If someone is being an asshole and calling it "flaming" they're just an asshole. End of.

I am a Topix veteran. There aren't many posters left that actually like discussions. Assholery, flaming or whatever you want to call what is happening here and at the other forum is a poor substitute.

Brother, don't sweat it. You still have your Money Sense thread and you post a lot in Politics. That thread and that section are flamer free.

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=472039 time=1661026401 user_id=3382
Quote from: Fashionista post_id=472035 time=1661026038 user_id=3254

He really didn't help himself with the repetitive embarrassingly childish insults.

Like I said in another thread, no one is owed his/her real persona online.  I've been around long enough to know that almost no one really has "cognitive" issues, it's just people who don't like them who make these armchair psychoanalyses.

There are, of course, exceptions.  Poofer being one.  The guy is as immature as you can get.

Seamajor sounds like he's just trolling, and it bothers people enough that they respond, but it sounds like he's getting fewer bites every day.

I know I tease old Joe about being a ity five year old virgin, but I don't judge and folks lives. I do judge that lazy, selfish prick KM. Any man that aint working his ass off to provide for his kids aint no man. I want to beat the shit out of guys like him.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Herman post_id=472091 time=1661041975 user_id=1689
Quote from: seoulbro post_id=472052 time=1661028215 user_id=114

I am a Topix veteran. There aren't many posters left that actually like discussions. Assholery, flaming or whatever you want to call what is happening here and at the other forum is a poor substitute.

Brother, don't sweat it. You still have your Money Sense thread and you post a lot in Politics. That thread and that section are flamer free.

Exactly... as look as this place remains fucktard free -- ie keep that meme spamming drooling noodle neck swimming in the toilet at BF it's not really an issue of every thread getting hijacked with dogshit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=472093 time=1661042236 user_id=3214
Quote from: Herman post_id=472091 time=1661041975 user_id=1689

Exactly... as look as this place remains fucktard free -- ie keep that meme spamming drooling noodle neck swimming in the toilet at BF it's not really an issue of every thread getting hijacked with dogshit.

Brother, you nailed it. The Seoul Brother need not worry about that shit screwing up where he posts. I know there is no chance you would allow Apegirl to hijack Politics like he did on SG.

Thiel

gay, conservative and proud

Anonymous

Quote from: Thiel post_id=472105 time=1661044284 user_id=1688
JOE IS MY BOYFRIEND.

What the hell is this?

Thiel

Quote from: Herman post_id=472108 time=1661044580 user_id=1689
Quote from: Thiel post_id=472105 time=1661044284 user_id=1688
JOE IS MY BOYFRIEND.

What the hell is this?

This is the forum gossip thread no?
gay, conservative and proud

Frood

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=471948 time=1660998599 user_id=114
Quote from: Garraty_47 post_id=471917 time=1660966605 user_id=3381
How 'bout that "match" over at BF?

It looks like KM finally made a poast, if you can call it that.

I actually noticed it earlier so I don't know if Bland has reciprocated yet.

Some may want to continue the other subject but when the conversation reaches the level of "leftists are like satan" I'm done.

Have fun with that.

DD routinely makes excessively outrageous comments.

I am a Paul Martin or Lousi St Laurent Liberal. If I was an American, I would be a JFK Democrat.

To be fair... as a Voluntaryist or Libertarian, all you motherfuckers look like Leftists to me.  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Biggie Smiles