News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10385
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:06:23 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Has anyone else been watching the Ozarks?

Started by weebles, May 21, 2022, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weebles

That has to up there with Breaking Bad and who knew Jason Bateman could write, produce and act in such an intense show.

">

Anonymous

I must say brother, I like your taste in show. Breaking Bad is old Herman's favourite show of all time. Second is Ozark. Dang, I miss it already.

Frood

I just binge watched this series:

">

The first episode is really slow but the rest of it really picks up the pace.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Oak

Ozark was excellent.  Jason Bateman and Julia Garner are outstanding, Laura Linney was very good as well.  Honorable mention to Lisa Emery.  She was one crazy broad.  Julia Garner star shined brightest, imo.

She's incredible.

weebles

Quote from: Herman post_id=451383 time=1653160652 user_id=1689
I must say brother, I like your taste in show. Breaking Bad is old Herman's favourite show of all time. Second is Ozark. Dang, I miss it already.

Yeah I also got into Vikings and The Last Kingdom which the latter I feel is very underrated IMO

">

weebles

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=451387 time=1653161225 user_id=1676
I just binge watched this series:

">

The first episode is really slow but the rest of it really picks up the pace.

Well as long as you do not have to play the drums in a role  then J.k. Simmons can play interesting characters.  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Jason Bateman has always been sort of underrated, IMHO...

weebles

Quote from: "Rug Doctor" post_id=451464 time=1653196798
Jason Bateman has always been sort of underrated, IMHO...

I hear ya... it seems that many  comedic actors can play the most realist hardcore motherfuckers on TV.

Anonymous

Quote from: Oak post_id=451445 time=1653181717 user_id=3271
Ozark was excellent.  Jason Bateman and Julia Garner are outstanding, Laura Linney was very good as well.  Honorable mention to Lisa Emery.  She was one crazy broad.  Julia Garner star shined brightest, imo.

She's incredible.

They all gave outstanding performances. A great series that ended while they were still on top ratings wise.

Anonymous

Has anyone watched episodes of Who Killed Sara?

Reviews please.

Oak

Quote from: seoulbro post_id=451544 time=1653230260 user_id=114

Reviews please.

It's nowhere as good as Ozark, Breaking Bad, Sopranos or The Wire, but it's entertaining enough.  I would call it average, but there is the cliffhanger in most episodes and from season to season.

What I find interesting, is that it will provide a more rounded perspective on Mexicans.  It still astounds me that most people think Mexican are all unsophisticated peasants that are riding burros in the desert.

This is set mostly in Mexico City, one of the most cosmopolitan and sophisticated cities in the world.  You get to see how upper middle class and wealthy Mexicans live in Mexico.

Anonymous

Quote from: Oak post_id=451734 time=1653254504 user_id=3271

Reviews please.

It's nowhere as good as Ozark, Breaking Bad, Sopranos or The Wire, but it's entertaining enough.  I would call it average, but there is the cliffhanger in most episodes and from season to season.

What I find interesting, is that it will provide a more rounded perspective on Mexicans.  It still astounds me that most people think Mexican are all unsophisticated peasants that are riding burros in the desert.

This is set mostly in Mexico City, one of the most cosmopolitan and sophisticated cities in the world.  You get to see how upper middle class and wealthy Mexicans live in Mexico.

I forget the name of it, but there was a Mexican drama series that had a following in China. It was dubbed into Chinese of course. it was aboiut the affluent in Mexico and every actor on it was white.

Oak

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451739 time=1653254975 user_id=56

Reviews please.

I forget the name of it, but there was a Mexican drama series that a following in China. It was dubbed into Chinese of course. it was aboiut the affluent in Mexico and every actor on it was white.

Many, many wealthy Mexicans are white.  Latin American has a racial caste system most Latinos don't openly acknowledge.  But that's a topic for a more political board.

Anonymous

Quote from: Oak post_id=451740 time=1653255090 user_id=3271
Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=451739 time=1653254975 user_id=56

Reviews please.

I forget the name of it, but there was a Mexican drama series that had a following in China. It was dubbed into Chinese of course. it was aboiut the affluent in Mexico and every actor on it was white.

Many, many wealthy Mexicans are white.  Latin American has a racial caste system most Latinos don't openly acknowledge.  But that's a topic for a more political board.

So, I've heard, Yeah, let's close up this can of worms before Flea slaps our hands.

Print
User actions