The best topic

Replies: 10410
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Do you consider yourself to be…

Started by Erica Mena, August 04, 2022, 11:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Erica Mena

<t></t>

Biggie Smiles

Dove

No I don't.

And I'm not saying I think I'm an evil piece of shit or anything, I just wouldn't call myself a "good person".  

I guess I should ask what standards are we using? I believe in and hold to objective standards of good. So when I put myself up to those objective standards...I cannot say that I'm a good person.
My happiness is all of your misery. I put good dick all in my kidneys.

Erica Mena

<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=468815 time=1659671955 user_id=2845
Good hearted.

My heart is in the right place.  It's seen as a weakness but not holding grudges or wishing people ill is very freeing and leaves more space for good shit.

I think you try.

Erica Mena

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=468818 time=1659672149 user_id=3382
Good hearted.

My heart is in the right place.  It's seen as a weakness but not holding grudges or wishing people ill is very freeing and leaves more space for good shit.

I think you try.

I really do.
<t></t>

Frood

I try and sometimes succeed but then question the motivation behind it.... is it altruistic or a form of identity affirming narcissism?

Good can be done for the wrong reasons and vice versa.... so, dunno. A lifetime is like the dialogue and actions of a movie script, but the final product is not ours to view and judge.

Ying and yang mutterfockers!

ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...

Dove

Good hearted.

I try to be. I'm pretty soft hearted.

Dove

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=468826 time=1659673363 user_id=1676
I try and sometimes succeed but then question the motivation behind it.... is it altruistic or a form of identity affirming narcissism?

Good can be done for the wrong reasons and vice versa.... so, dunno. A lifetime is like the dialogue and actions of a movie script, but the final product is not ours to view and judge.

ac_biggrin

Yeah I examine my motives a lot as well. I'm an emotionally damaged person so I still routinely take my own internal inventory. It goes along with recovery.

This is why when I do something for other people, I don't talk about it because I do not want to get praised. I like to keep my ego in check. If I'm getting any sort of reward it becomes something I've done for myself....if that makes sense.

Frood

Quote from: Dove post_id=468833 time=1659675717 user_id=3266
Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=468826 time=1659673363 user_id=1676

ac_biggrin

Yeah I examine my motives a lot as well. I'm an emotionally damaged person so I still routinely take my own internal inventory. It goes along with recovery.

This is why when I do something for other people, I don't talk about it because I do not want to get praised. I like to keep my ego in check. If I'm getting any sort of reward it becomes something I've done for myself....if that makes sense.

Totally! You get what I was trying to say.

I ask myself if it is a Robin Hood mentality, an empathetic response to a situation seen unfolding or fear even... for me and my own, or just the general community feelz... or worse yet, I'm only trying to do good because it makes me feel better about my own life and it has nothing to do with the people or causes I'm helping...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=468799 time=1659668589 user_id=2845
A good person?

It depends on how one defines "good."

No one is good except God alone..

I consider myself reasonable, fair, and empathetic.

Anonymous

I am ethical in my professional and personal life.

Dove

Quote from: Fashionista post_id=468860 time=1659699811 user_id=3254
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=468799 time=1659668589 user_id=2845
A good person?

It depends on how one defines "good."

No one is good except God alone..

I consider myself reasonable, fair, and empathetic.

The ones with Calvinist beliefs are like "Nah....I ain't good"   ac_toofunny

I was trying to answer without "God bothering" people lol.

Erica Mena

Yes. I didn't include God cuz I didn't want Bonesaw to start lol
<t></t>