The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

**ANNOUNCEMENT**

Started by Erica Mena, October 02, 2022, 10:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

cw_

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=475969 time=1664825115 user_id=2845

I don't remember that. I wouldn't call you a fat pig cuz I know you're not fat.

Was this when Danny was a mod? lol

Ha ha that's probably it.  Hopefully you also know that mods do not run things and that forum warz r stupid.  ; )

cw_

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=475972 time=1664826073 user_id=3382
cw puts the FT in FAT.

">

Erica Mena

Quote from: cw_ post_id=475973 time=1664826124 user_id=3226
Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=475969 time=1664825115 user_id=2845

I don't remember that. I wouldn't call you a fat pig cuz I know you're not fat.

Was this when Danny was a mod? lol

Ha ha that's probably it.  Hopefully you also know that mods do not run things and that forum warz r stupid.  ; )

Forum wars are lame and sooo 2004.

Flynn can stay mad. I'm not biting.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=472203 time=1661097724 user_id=2845
Serious serious shit. That beet powder/ b12 combo won't turn me into a tweaker? I'm about to try it lol.

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=475916 time=1664740000 user_id=2845
We are cleaning up and tweaking things.

ac_lmfao

Erica Mena

It didn't do shit for me!
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=475905 time=1664722515 user_id=2845
I, flea, now own this forum. Meaning, BC will stay open, with new management.

During the next few weeks, I will be minimizing and cleaning up. Those of you that are morons with the board war mentality, you all can just fuck off and stay gone.... I'm not with the bullshit.

Enjoy   ac_dance

How about a name change Erica?

theredhotchilipepper.net

or

theredjalepeno.net

Also the website looks kinda bland.

Why not spice it up with brighter colors?

Just some suggestions thats all.

Erica Mena

Good morning Joe.

We can't change the name. Lol
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=475963 time=1664823347 user_id=3382
You should eventually get rid of all politics.  It's moronic and boring and nobody ever says anything new.

Two groups yipping at each other through a chainlink fence like angry chihuahas.

:thumbup:

Anonymous

taking topics off the table will ultimately convince those interested in leveraging them to go elsewhere. As banal as the idea of political "discussion" (or what passes for it nowadays), you can only reasonably remove it if you have a drawcard to supplant it with. Otherwise all you are doing is driving users from your platform.

You could always try growing a thicker skin, something that lets it all roll off your back. I mean if you plan on running a forum into anything other than the ground and all. Otherwise do as so many before you have done and be prepared to wring your hands over the inevitable tumbleweeds destined to infest your forum.

Erica Mena

I know you like your politics. I also know you're a valuable asset to any forum. I'm leaving things the way they are.
<t></t>

Shen Li

You should turn off guest posing in Blue Cashew. Eddie the incel is using it to bump old threads like he does for attention on VF.

cw_

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=476427 time=1665338381 user_id=3389
You should turn off guest posing in Blue Cashew. Eddie the incel is using it to bump old threads like he does for attention on VF.

Agreed.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=476425 time=1665334427 user_id=2845
I know you like your politics. I also know you're a valuable asset to any forum. I'm leaving things the way they are.

I only enjoy political discussion if it is exactly that - discussion. Simply slagging off supporters of a competing ideology for its own sake gets old pretty fast, but that seems to be the only level of effort too many people put into it nowadays. I stand by my assertion though; I don't believe you took over this forum just so you could turn it into a ghost town, not when you might simply have not offered to keep it running and achieve the same effect for a whole lot less effort. Hence my analysis, make of it what you will.

You should anyway. Take for instance the suggestion to turn off guest posting to rid yourself of one... ONE troublemaker. You're not even guaranteed of it working, as the chug in question is perfectly capable of registering now that Fash and kiebers are no longer gatekeeping access. Okay, it opens the door to the same-o same-o leftie "cancel him" cries getting vurped up with impunity but again, you are promoting a situation where you would be wiping out contributors faster than you could replace them. I sure wouldn't hurry my ass off to the registration page and I doubt I'm the only one in that regard. Far better to bump the offending posts into the miscellaneous derailment thread - it's worked in that capacity previously and I find myself questioning the motives of anyone who would recommend the locking down of site functionality in its stead. Perhaps even encouraging Eddie's worst efforts at getting you to nuke your own site piece by piece.

Just my grossly overpriced two cents worth of course, this is your toy and you should expect to run it as you see fit. I have to figure though that with ten years on the clock, the previous owners were clearly doing something right. If it were me, I'd be adopting a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality if I cared enough to keep it going.

Anonymous

If politics are staying, they'll need a moderator.  Otherwise, the report button will have to do, and we know how prone to abuse those are.  

I'm sure as hell not wading through those potential TOS violations, not when there's posters like Lokmar about, chanting death to all n***ers.  I doubt Flea wants the headache either.

*cough* Any volunteers?