The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Messed up Asian Foods

Started by RW, April 29, 2014, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I like white vinegar sometimes. I find malt vinegar very bitter. Though white vinegar is practically window cleaner!

He likes the contrasts between the oily and sour..

It's funny you mentioned that white vinegar is window cleaner because I use it to clean the coffee maker.

:lol:

Frost

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"

yankees are the worst...mayo on french fries.......yechhhh...... :shock:

Most people I know, and me also like ketchup on fries :)

I have never seen anyone put mayonnaise on them.

Hello Blue, I am so happy to see you again.

:)

Hello Fashion lady, and Romero  :P

Malt vinegar on fries, I never seen that here either, but I put the stuff on fish, and hush puppies sometimes.

A friend of mine here says I eat like an old man because I like the stuff :)

Renee

Most people I know, and me also like ketchup on fries :)

I have never seen anyone put mayonnaise on them.

Hello Blue, I am so happy to see you again.

:)

Hello Fashion lady, and Romero  :P

Malt vinegar on fries, I never seen that here either, but I put the stuff on fish, and hush puppies sometimes.

A friend of mine here says I eat like an old man because I like the stuff :)

Malt vinegar on fries is good but you can't eat too much of it, it makes your face pucker up.  It used to be sort of a regional thing, very popular in the Mid-Atlantic States but it is becoming more and more common elsewhere. In fact even potato chips are now commonly found with salt and vinegar flavor right at most super markets.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frost

I loved the chips you mentioned, but the salt, and my blood pressure isn't a good thing.

I'm not into the malt fries, but do use a lot of some fish.

At least it's not bad for you :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Malt vinegar on fries is good but you can't eat too much of it, it makes your face pucker up.  It used to be sort of a regional thing, very popular in the Mid-Atlantic States but it is becoming more and more common elsewhere. In fact even potato chips are now commonly found with salt and vinegar flavor right most super markets.

It's a British thing and also common when I was in Newfoundland.

cc

Malt vinegar is good on fries and fried fish. Even so, I prefer lemon juice on both ... we use lemon juice on damned near everything

I remember on my first trip to the US. Ordered a bowl of fries and they served it with mayo on the side. I wondered WTF? Actually is is OK and used throughout the US

I'll tell the story of my nephew asking for vinegar in small diner in Kentucky or Tennessee along the I 75 en route Windor / Detroit to Sarasota Florida

He asked innocently for vinegar. The waitress gave a funny look but politely did not question it. With his fries she brought a pint bottle of vinegar.

We noticed 2 cooks peeking out of the kitchen door to see WTF he would do with it.

Danny was 16 and afraid of nothing and a great sense of humor. I told him they knew nothing of vinegar on fries in the US. He waited till 2 cooks & waitress were peeking, undid the cap, and dramatically pretended he was taking a big gulp  of it ..... shook his head and shoulders like he had just swallowed a shot of Bourbon ... . The wide-eyed cooks looked shocked with mouths now wide open scurried back into the kitchen.

I bet they still tell the story of the crazy Canadian that drinks straight vinegar just as we tell the story of the tricked US  curious cooks.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Malt vinegar is good on fries and fried fish. Even so, I prefer lemon juice on both ... we use lemon juice on damned near everything

I remember on my first trip to the US. Ordered a bowl of fries and they served it with mayo on the side. I wondered WTF? Actually is is OK and used throughout the US

I'll tell the story of my nephew asking for vinegar in small diner in Kentucky or Tennessee along the I 75 en route Windor / Detroit to Sarasota Florida

He asked innocently for vinegar. The waitress gave a funny look but politely did not question it. With his fries she brought a pint bottle of vinegar.

We noticed 2 cooks peeking out of the kitchen door to see WTF he would do with it.

Danny was 16 and afraid of nothing and a great sense of humor. I told him they knew nothing of vinegar on fries in the US. He waited till 2 cooks & waitress were peeking, undid the cap, and dramatically pretended he was taking a big gulp  of it ..... shook his head and shoulders like he had just swallowed a shot of Bourbon ... . The wide-eyed cooks looked shocked with mouths now wide open scurried back into the kitchen.

I bet they still tell the story of the crazy Canadian that drinks straight vinegar just as we tell the story of the tricked US  curious cooks.

Lemon juice goes with fish the way pineapple goes with pork cc li tarte.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"Hiya, Blue!

I like mayo and ketchup with fries!

Commonly referred to as "pink sauce".

It can be spread on cheese burgers as well and it's not too bad. In fact that's what Burger King uses as one of their typical condiment spreads.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Add some relish and you have thousand islands hehe

I use malt vinegar and olive oil for salad dressing.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

It can be spread on cheese burgers as well and it's not too bad. In fact that's what Burger King uses as one of their typical condiment spreads.

I have not eaten anything from Burger King in a long time Renee.

Anonymous

It's crap unlike the real king of fat food......[size=200]KFC!![/size]

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"

It's crap unlike the real king of fat food......[size=200]KFC!![/size]

i could eat KFC for every meal....except i know death would follow quickly.....unfortunately i have to restrict myself to a once or twice a year pig out.......9 pieces of KFC, fries, gravy, salad.....tons of fucking heinz ketchup...better than most kinds of sex.............. :ugeek:

Anonymous

It's crap unlike the real king of fat food......
I love my KFC, but not that much.

Obvious Li

It's crap unlike the real king of fat food......

give it time......KFC will start looking pretty good....~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... :geek:

Anonymous

i could eat KFC for every meal....except i know death would follow quickly.....unfortunately i have to restrict myself to a once or twice a year pig out.......9 pieces of KFC, fries, gravy, salad.....tons of fucking heinz ketchup...better than most kinds of sex.............. :ugeek:

give it time......KFC will start looking pretty good....~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....... :geek:

I make my own pan fried, battered chicken Obvious Li.