The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Time to face facts

Started by Erica Mena, February 07, 2023, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cw_

Perhaps some people should have thought of this potential regret before they expended so much energy in attacking others.  It's the law of entropy.

"It has always been easier to destroy than to create."  -  Spock, The Wrath of Kahn

Lokmar

Yahoo Boards were great back in 2000. There was almost ZERO censorship and anything was fair game. People got pissed and traveled a thousand miles to try to harm other posters proving that you're a dumb ass if you tell others where you live. Butt hurt babies with rules protecting baby shit soft libtards ruined it. The same thing happened at that other board.

Aylana

I recently clicked on Vocaroo and heard Gary providing a community weather forecast...that was all the proof I needed that the forums were dead.

If you enjoy seeing the same photos spammed day after day, or perhaps watching a bunch of old creepy coomers posting shit that was deemed worthless years ago...then forums may still provide you with some tingly pleasure in the anal region. I believe that most of the people who could actually create entertaining content have moved on to websites where they can mingle with like-minded individuals rather than slumming it up on practically deserted troll forums...Only the shitposters and toxic pigs are condemned to post exclusively in the so-called community.

Anonymous

Quote from: cw_ post_id=493688 time=1675863753 user_id=3226
Perhaps some people should have thought of this potential regret before they expended so much energy in attacking others.

Some did. Then a guy by the name of Bill Gates made it easy for people who weren't in the habit of thinking to join in.

Garraty_47

Quote from: Aylana post_id=493712 time=1675875247 user_id=3385
I recently clicked on Vocaroo and heard Gary providing a community weather forecast...that was all the proof I needed that the forums were dead.

It was a weather commentary. not a forecast.

And it wasn't the *only* thing about which I've posted Vocaroos before and since.

Lastly if forums are dead how did I manage to post that Vocaroo on a forum and how did you manage to not only see the Vocaroo but subsequently discuss it at a completely different forum?

Is a bored underpaid and bitterly unappreciated secretary writing your minimal-effort poasts these days?

Erica Mena

It's true tho, Vit. Forums are nothing like they were in the 2000's.

You, me, Bonesaw, Freud, cun'T, cw etc...we're the last of the bunch
<t></t>

cw_

Quote from: Guest post_id=493713 time=1675879585

Some did. Then a guy by the name of Bill Gates made it easy for people who weren't in the habit of thinking to join in.

GD computer illiterate Riff Raff. :t1929:

Garraty_47

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493720 time=1675895721 user_id=2845
It's true tho, Vit. Forums are nothing like they were in the 2000's.

That's undeniable.

I was just trying to ascertain if Aylana knew the difference between "nothing like they were" and  "dead" because those are different critters.

Quote from: "Erica Mena" post_id=493720 time=1675895721 user_id=2845
You, me, Bonesaw, Freud, cun'T, cw etc...we're the last of the bunch

Since I didn't come from Yahoo or MSN I'm not even sure I count as being in that bunch, but I know what you're saying.

And can't forget Obi/ThWAP... I doubt anyone has been a more consistent presence in as many forums as he has.

cw_

I've never had anything to do with Yahoo (except for playing reversi) or MSN.

Also, if you guys miss Beaver Cleaver use this:

">

cw_

Plus;  I'm pretty sure G_47 is 'etc'...

Anonymous

The wimmenfolk are bullying Vitty again....

Anonymous

I've never been an etc.  I wonder what that's like.

Garraty_47

Quote from: cw_ post_id=493747 time=1675913953 user_id=3226
Also, if you guys miss Beaver Cleaver use this:

https://www.ootikof.net/Filez/CryBeaver01m.jpg">

Garraty_47

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=493751 time=1675915632 user_id=3382
The wimmenfolk are bullying Vitty again....

I don't know if it's a contest or a sport but they do seem to love doing that.

I hope whoever wins shares her booty.

Er, bounty. As in winnings. *ahem*

Garraty_47

Quote from: "The Treasurer" post_id=493752 time=1675916265 user_id=3382
I've never been an etc.  I wonder what that's like.

It just sort of happens when you're not looking and doesn't have any impact at all so it's not "like" anything as far as I can tell.

The only way to even know it happened is if someone else points it out.

Kinda like a subatomic particle no physicist has actually seen but they've deduced its existence from theoretical models.

It may or may not be real but until it's been disproven if it fits the model we might as well include it.

/shrug