The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Here we go again

Started by Erica Mena, February 14, 2023, 06:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: caskur post_id=505206 time=1688511385 user_id=2156
Quote from: Herman post_id=505204 time=1688510797 user_id=3396

Ya, I knew it had to be early eighties.

The perm was gone by 84...

Looking good kid. Is that your old man?

caskur

Quote from: Herman post_id=505208 time=1688511447 user_id=3396
Quote from: caskur post_id=505206 time=1688511385 user_id=2156

The perm was gone by 84...

Past tense.... I used to look good... now, not so much... that is my husband... I wished we still looked good...we are getting old.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

My mother in law was beautiful but I didn't like her....
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur post_id=505212 time=1688511932 user_id=2156
Quote from: Herman post_id=505208 time=1688511447 user_id=3396

Past tense.... I used to look good... now, not so much... that is my husband... I wished we still looked good...we are getting old.

Ya know kid, back in the day, you looked a little bit like Olivia Newton John. And what the hell is all over that other gal's face?

I know all about aging. I lost about forty five pounds seven years ago. I have kept the weight off, but man did it make my face look old. And to make matters worse, my beard is mostly grey now. Oh well, I am financially secure, I got a good old lady and two grandklds. Life aint bad for old Her,an.

caskur

Quote from: Herman post_id=505220 time=1688512305 user_id=3396
Quote from: caskur post_id=505212 time=1688511932 user_id=2156

Ya know kid, back in the day, you looked a little bit like Olivia Newton John. And what the hell is all over that other gal's face?

I know all about aging. I lost about forty five pounds seven years ago. I have kept the weight off, but man did it make my face look old. And to make matters worse, my beard is mostly grey. Oh well, I am financially secure, I got a good old lady and two grandklds. Life aint bad for old Her,an.

Yeah but now I'm rich, I don't have youth on my side so don't buy new clothes and party...

That is my mother in law... she ruined that photo of Kurt and I.  I made her face a cartoon to disguise her... she just died... she was 91... we kept saying she was 90 but she actually turned 91 last April.
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur post_id=505226 time=1688512602 user_id=2156
Quote from: Herman post_id=505220 time=1688512305 user_id=3396

I know all about aging. I lost about forty five pounds seven years ago. I have kept the weight off, but man did it make my face look old. And to make matters worse, my beard is mostly grey. Oh well, I am financially secure, I got a good old lady and two grandklds. Life aint bad for old Her,an.

Yeah but now I'm rich, I don't have youth on my side so don't buy new clothes and party...

That is my mother in law... she ruined that photo of Kurt and I.  I made her face a cartoon to disguise her... she just died... she was 91... we kept saying she was 90 but she actually turned 91 last April.

Financial security is a great thing aint it. But, I do not often mention my money on these forums. I think it aint very classy.

caskur

it isnt classy but I am worried about running of money....and I shouldn't do that but I can't help  it.
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur post_id=505230 time=1688513167 user_id=2156
it isnt classy but I am worried about running of money....and I shouldn't do that but I can't help  it.

But, you said you are rich now?

caskur

Quote from: Herman post_id=505232 time=1688513331 user_id=3396
Quote from: caskur post_id=505230 time=1688513167 user_id=2156

Yes BUT it's got last 20 years and it won't.... I will have to sell my property... that is one option... that is what we do here... sell property, move to some retirement village... and then get bleed to death by the people who run them.

I saw some poor old lady in some retirement place and asked for a cup of Milo and when she got a bill, was charged $14 for a cup of Milo.

I guess I will never run out money but I don't think I can look after this property in old age. It is too big.

I am just worried about things like getting a new fridge, or new washing machine... we just spent bloody $2000 on the GMH crewman ute ...OUR APPLIANCES won't last 20 years..it is overwhelming just thinking about getting older...

We are so ripped off in WA.
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur post_id=505240 time=1688514452 user_id=2156
Quote from: Herman post_id=505232 time=1688513331 user_id=3396

Yes BUT it's got last 20 years and it won't.... I will have to sell my property... that is one option... that is what we do here... sell property, move to some retirement village... and then get bleed to death by the people who run them.

I saw some poor old lady in some retirement place and asked for a cup of Milo and when she got a bill, was charged $14 for a cup of Milo.

I guess I will never run out money but I don't think I can look after this property in old age. It is too big.

I am just worried about things like getting a new fridge, or new washing machine... we just spent bloody $2000 on the GMH crewman ute ...OUR APPLIANCES won't last 20 years..it is overwhelming just thinking about getting older...

Ya, most folks have to lower their living standards as they get older. I know that unless my boy takes over the farm, I am going to have to sell it in the future. It is too much work for one aging guy to handle. And if I hire people to do everything, I would be in the red every year.

Melson Gibson

You're not so different than the average Canadian.  To many of us here, our house is our only real retirement plan...

Herman

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=505243 time=1688514784 user_id=3397

You're not so different than the average Canadian.  To many of us here, our house is our only real retirement plan...

Yep.

caskur

Quote from: Herman post_id=505242 time=1688514697 user_id=3396

Ya, most folks have to lower their living standards as they get older. I know that unless my boy takes over the farm, I am going to have to sell it in the future. It is too much work for one aging guy to handle. And if I hire people to do everything, I would be in the red every year.

Yep... that is why I worry. I SET up my place with minimum maintenance but will have to replace gutters and washes and everything like food is double...so you go through money really quickly.... haven't you noticed that?
- Andy Warhol

caskur

The safest investment is your property...but downsizing is a headache...so when do you start? While you are still young enough to move...?

I have been here since 1984....I have put 39 years into my place.
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: caskur post_id=505247 time=1688515152 user_id=2156
Quote from: Herman post_id=505242 time=1688514697 user_id=3396

Yep... that is why I worry. I SET up my place with minimum maintenance but will have to replace gutters and washes and everything like food is double...so you go through money really quickly.... haven't you noticed that?

Have you considered selling your house and buying a smaller place in a rural area? That would give you a cash infusion that would help a lot.