Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

iPhone battery issues

Started by Erica Mena, February 17, 2023, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erica Mena

This phone is a little over a year old. iPhone 13 Pro Max

It used to stay on 80 percent all day. Now this battery is draining

I'm starting to believe those rumors about the updates messing up the battery so we'll go purchase the latest version.
<t></t>

Anonymous

And good luck getting it repaired, if the horror stories regarding Apple's service division are anything to go by.

It's why I don't buy Apple products. Well, that and the suicide nets.

Erica Mena

I won't even bother trying to get it replaced. I shoulda never got the updates
<t></t>

Anonymous

There is a workaround though which should get you through - a power pack. I have several of different capacities myself, the one I favour for my Samsung is a Ravpower 20,000 mAh battery with a USB A and USB C port on the top. Fits in my pocket, phone sits in a cradle on my belt and I'm running podcasts via bluetooth all day long.

You should probably read up a bit on the different varieties of power bank if you elect to go that route as it's a bit of a mixed bag. You'll want something with a higher watt (W) rating and nothing over 26500 mAh if you're planning to take it with you on a flight (because FAA restrictions). Most of what you require you'll likely find carries a $50~$100 price tag... certainly cheaper than stumping up for a new phone.

Or you can attempt to rollback the updates to an earlier version of iOS, though that can be a total headfuck on any phone.

cw_

One of my phones is an apple SE and has the updates with no such battery issues.  Several things can affect battery life, including apps running in the back round and settings (ex. brightness, location, bluetooth), and whether of not you routinely charge it before it is low or for long periods of time (ex. overnight).

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Berry Sweet

I'm an android user.  I love it.  The apple store is always busy woth people and their problems with their devices.

Anonymous

My phone is an iPhone SE and I've had it for years.  No problems.  My tablet is a Samsung and the battery lasts forever.

Erica Mena

Well my shit is draining. I have background refresh off
<t></t>

Berry Sweet

Did you clean out your phone?  Power it down for a while?  Turn it back on?

Frood

Has she had low profile wheels, crushed velvet and etchings of naked ladies done to it?
Blahhhhhh...

Odinson

You may wanna deplete the battery completely and then recharge it.