I just made a choice chuck eye taste like a fucking Prime ribeye

I'm cutting this motherfucker with a fork

recipe to follow if anyone is interested

Shen Li

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=499721 time=1683223120 user_id=3214
I just made a choice chuck eye taste like a fucking Prime ribeye

I'm cutting this motherfucker with a fork

recipe to follow if anyone is interested

I like steak cut up and mixed in a bowl with veggies. Sure, post a recipe.

Biggie Smiles

Okay start off with your chuck eye or whatever cut you like most.

while the meat is still in the wrap beat the top side with your mallet. Then open it put the other side face up under the wrap and do the same.

Then stab the fucker with a fork a bunch of times.

take two spoons of granulated sugar and pour into a seal-able container with a cup of buttermilk. Enough to submerge your entire steak.

Submerge your steak and close the lid. This will sit in your frig for 48 hours.

Now make your marinade.

Buy yourself a bottle of Torani Pineapple syrup. A small can of pineapple juice. Low sodium soy sauce. Minced ginger/garlic. A bottle of avocado oil (has to be avocado as it has a high smoke point). bag of brown sugar. Bag of shakati mushroom or some plain old MSG.

Time to bloom some spices

Get a sauce pan and put on medium heat (less than 350 degrees). throw on a half a stick of butter with 1 spoon of ground pepper, 1 spoon of garlic powder, 1/2 spoon of red pepper flakes, 1 spoon of onion powder. Throw in a 1 spoonful of your minced ginger and garlic and shakati mushroom powder. Let that saute for 2 minutes until butter is nicely melted and your spices are nicely warmed up and releasing their flavors

Now get yourself a container

throw a bottle of soy sauce

4 spoons of brown sugar

1 shot glass  of lemon juice

1 shot glass of vinegar

2 spoons parmasean cheese finely grated

entire small can of pineapple juice

Combine your saute with everything in this container. Whisk really well.  Set in the frig.

Once 48 hours has passed take your steaks out the butter milk and clean off the buttermilk. Place the steaks in another container and place this marinade you just made into it. Put that in the frig for another 24 hours.

Leave some marinade available to make your butter baste.

Once this 24 hours has past take your steaks out frig and set them on a cutting board at room temperature for 60 minutes.

Heat your oven up to 325 degrees. Get out some butter (two spoons worth) and your extra marinade

Grab yourself a cast iron skillet. Heat on high until the pan is hot hot hot. Time to sear your steaks. do the first side for about 2 minutes to develop a nice crust. Then the other. Once that's complete throw your cast iron skillet into the oven with your steak and let sit for 3 minutes. Then open the oven and top off your steaks with some additional marinade and that butter. Throw on some gogonzola  cheese if you want to get fancy (I do) - cook until the butter is completely melted over your steaks

enjoy

Shen Li

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=499727 time=1683224701 user_id=3214

while the meat is still in the wrap beat the top side with your mallet. Then open it put the other side face up under the wrap and do the same.

take two spoons of granulated sugar and pour into a seal-able container with a cup of buttermilk. Enough to submerge your entire steak.

Now make your marinade.

Buy yourself a bottle of Torani Pineapple syrup. A small can of pineapple juice. Low sodium soy sauce. Minced ginger/garlic. A bottle of avocado oil (has to be avocado as it has a high smoke point). bag of brown sugar. Bag of shakati mushroom or some plain old MSG.

Get a sauce pan and put on medium heat (less than 350 degrees). throw on a half a stick of butter with 1 spoon of ground pepper, 1 spoon of garlic powder, 1/2 spoon of red pepper flakes, 1 spoon of onion powder. Throw in a 1 spoonful of your minced ginger and garlic and shakati mushroom powder. Let that saute for 2 minutes until butter is nicely melted and your spices are nicely warmed up and releasing their flavors

4 spoons of brown sugar

1 shot glass of vinegar

Combine your saute with everything in this container. Whisk really well.  Set in the frig.

Once 48 hours has passed take your steaks out the butter milk and clean off the buttermilk. Place the steaks in another container and place this marinade you just made into it. Put that in the frig for another 24 hours.

Once this 24 hours has past take your steaks out frig and set them on a cutting board at room temperature for 60 minutes.

Heat your oven up to 325 degrees. Get out some butter (two spoons worth) and your extra marinade

Grab yourself a cast iron skillet. Heat on high until the pan is hot hot hot. Time to sear your steaks. do the first side for about 2 minutes to develop a nice crust. Then the other. Once that's complete throw your cast iron skillet into the oven with your steak and let sit for 3 minutes. Then open the oven and top off your steaks with some additional marinade and that butter. Throw on some gogonzola  cheese if you want to get fancy (I do) - cook until the butter is completely melted over your steaks

enjoy

MMMM MMMM

Biggie Smiles

This shit right here made a 6 dollar steak taste like it came out of a world famous steak house

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Frood

Sounds like a pot roast...  not a grilled steak.

Guess I'm a purest.

Bit of salt and pepper, cook hot and fast.
Blahhhhhh...

Blazor

Quote from: Frood post_id=499735 time=1683228101 user_id=1676
Sounds like a pot roast...  not a grilled steak.

Guess I'm a purest.

Bit of salt and pepper, cook hot and fast.

Same. I use to do garlic salt and pepper. But then I heard something about "add salt after its cooked", so thats what I do now lol.

I miss my charcoal grill, and using Jack Daniels wood chips, when grilling a steak (salivation increases).
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

DKG

Now make your marinade.

4 spoons of brown sugar

1 shot glass of vinegar

enjoy

Thanks, I cannot wait to try this. I love a steak on the Q, or on the stove, or in the oven. From now till October I will have one per week.

Herman

Now make your marinade.

4 spoons of brown sugar

1 shot glass of vinegar

enjoy

That is a lot of work. Though it would make the elk steaks I have in the freezer tender as hell.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Herman post_id=499798 time=1683254276 user_id=3396

Now make your marinade.

4 spoons of brown sugar

1 shot glass of vinegar

enjoy

That is a lot of work. Though it would make the elk steaks I have in the freezer tender as hell.

Tenderness is the aim

if not wanting all the non marinade work just go with a Prime Ribeye  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

Herman

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=499799 time=1683255199 user_id=3214

Tenderness is the aim

if not wanting all the non marinade work just go with a Prime Ribeye  :smiley_thumbs_up_yellow_ani:

I get that part. I got wild game steaks in the freezer. It is real easy to make elk tough as shoe leather. Some of the steps I will try, but not all of them.

Frood

Now make your marinade.

4 spoons of brown sugar

1 shot glass of vinegar

enjoy

The deer hunters here often sew in a banana or couple of kiwi fruits inside roasts to tenderise them from the inside out while baking. Probably wouldn't work for steak, but worth a try or a google search on it if you've got roasts.

Most of our deer are rather large imports... not whitetails.
Blahhhhhh...

Herman

Quote from: Frood post_id=499811 time=1683271667 user_id=1676

The deer hunters here often sew in a banana or couple of kiwi fruits inside roasts to tenderise them from the inside out while baking. Probably wouldn't work for steak, but worth a try or a google search on it if you've got roasts.

Probably roe deer. They are a little bigger than muleys, but smaller than elk. We use citrus fruits for game roasts.

Frood

Quote from: Herman post_id=499876 time=1683327646 user_id=3396
Quote from: Frood post_id=499811 time=1683271667 user_id=1676

Probably roe deer. They are a little bigger than muleys, but smaller than elk. We use citrus fruits for game roasts.

Sambar
Blahhhhhh...