News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10550
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 05, 2024, 09:26:27 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Frood

Will the World Financial System Collapse?

Started by JOE, May 31, 2023, 07:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Herman

Quote from: Lokmar post_id=502470 time=1685589811 user_id=3351
Quote from: Herman post_id=502467 time=1685588614 user_id=3396

Are your kids Amish or Mennonite? There aint no opting out of our CPP.

No, but they are in Florida where Christian Scientists are everywhere.

I guess they can try getting out of payroll taxes. It aint possible in Canada.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Herman post_id=502471 time=1685589941 user_id=3396

Sure it is, just start accepting alternative payment methods. Stuff that cannot be expressed in fiat currency and therefore cannot realistically be taxed.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Lokmar

Just for social security. There's no way other than a barter system like Adolph talked about to avoid income and sales taxes. Its all moot anyway because they wont listen to me.

DKG

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502489 time=1685622674 user_id=3409

Sure it is, just start accepting alternative payment methods. Stuff that cannot be expressed in fiat currency and therefore cannot realistically be taxed.

Employers are required to collect EI and CPP premiums from employees and pay them too.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG post_id=502493 time=1685628219 user_id=3390

Employers are required to collect EI and CPP premiums from employees and pay them too.

The problem I think is that you are not thinking far enough outside the box. When I said "stuff that cannot be expressed in fiat currency", I meant "stuff that cannot be expressed in fiat currency".

The reason these assclowns keep such a hold over you is because you insist on doing things their way. Which is fine if you wish to comport yourself in such a manner, only from the amount of "REEEEEEEEEE" I hear out of some of you about it, I have to figure you have a problem with it.

If you have a problem with it, the solution is obvious - you need to change how you go about doing things. No sense in arguing with me about it; unless your goal is to be a defeatist who constantly wails how unfair it all is, you either seize your freedom and reap whatever rewards it brings or you accept the nice little cage they have for your body, your mind and your soul.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

DKG

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502562 time=1685707597 user_id=3409
Quote from: DKG post_id=502493 time=1685628219 user_id=3390

The problem I think is that you are not thinking far enough outside the box. When I said "stuff that cannot be expressed in fiat currency", I meant "stuff that cannot be expressed in fiat currency".

The reason these assclowns keep such a hold over you is because you insist on doing things their way. Which is fine if you wish to comport yourself in such a manner, only from the amount of "REEEEEEEEEE" I hear out of some of you about it, I have to figure you have a problem with it.

If you have a problem with it, the solution is obvious - you need to change how you go about doing things. No sense in arguing with me about it; unless your goal is to be a defeatist who constantly wails how unfair it all is, you either seize your freedom and reap whatever rewards it brings or you accept the nice little cage they have for your body, your mind and your soul.

We're talking about different things.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: DKG post_id=502564 time=1685713000 user_id=3390
Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502562 time=1685707597 user_id=3409

Are we?

Then tell us all what you are talking about DKG. If not a financial collapse and how to best shield yourself from it, then what?

I tire of repeating myself, of finding different ways of explaining what I consider fairly basic, logical truths. Things like if the financial system has collapsed, money will not be worth a pinch of shit. It's all very well to bang on about the requirements of an employer/employee relationship as far as your fiscally irresponsible governments are concerned and if you are operating under a misguided sense of honour or loyalty to these assclowns... your funeral, my friend.

My work and the hedge I maintain for future uses has value. I do not intend to piss it up the wall and swan-dive down the plughole with mindless subservient arrangements of diminishing returns for my blood and sweat. If the system we are supposed to be paying attention to wasn't being so grossly mismanaged I might be more inclined to assist in its upkeep; it isn't so I would prefer excising it from my calculations where possible.

- Biggie Smiles

Shen Li

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502597 time=1685737731 user_id=3409
Quote from: DKG post_id=502564 time=1685713000 user_id=3390

Are we?

Then tell us all what you are talking about DKG. If not a financial collapse and how to best shield yourself from it, then what?

I tire of repeating myself, of finding different ways of explaining what I consider fairly basic, logical truths. Things like if the financial system has collapsed, money will not be worth a pinch of shit. It's all very well to bang on about the requirements of an employer/employee relationship as far as your fiscally irresponsible governments are concerned and if you are operating under a misguided sense of honour or loyalty to these assclowns... your funeral, my friend.

My work and the hedge I maintain for future uses has value. I do not intend to piss it up the wall and swan-dive down the plughole with mindless subservient arrangements of diminishing returns for my blood and sweat. If the system we are supposed to be paying attention to wasn't being so grossly mismanaged I might be more inclined to assist in its upkeep; it isn't so I would prefer excising it from my calculations where possible.

My guess, would be this,
QuoteEmployers are required to collect EI and CPP premiums from employees and pay them too.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: "Shen Li" post_id=502598 time=1685738269 user_id=3389

Are we?

My guess, would be this,
QuoteEmployers are required to collect EI and CPP premiums from employees and pay them too.

Yeah, I saw what he wrote. Mind you it was in direct response of me saying...

...so presumably there's some connection between his response to my initial statement.

Coming back and saying we're talking about two separate things... well if so, then that's on him I'd imagine.

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

My work and the hedge I maintain for future uses has value..

...If you don't mind me asking Ollie, what hedge(s) do you deploy or intend to deploy to attain your financial security?

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: JOE post_id=502717 time=1685940610 user_id=97

My work and the hedge I maintain for future uses has value..

...If you don't mind me asking Ollie, what hedge(s) do you deploy or intend to deploy to attain your financial security?

You may ask. Ask all you like.

Just know that I would be an utter fool to disclose details, security through obscurity being key. Additionally, the generalities I discussed directly with you some months ago now in this very forum did not recommend themselves to your sensibilities then and I really don't feel as though revisiting that discussion now would prove anything other than redundant.

- Biggie Smiles

JOE

Quote from: "Adolf Oliver Bush" post_id=502736 time=1685956040 user_id=3409
Quote from: JOE post_id=502717 time=1685940610 user_id=97

You may ask. Ask all you like.

Just know that I would be an utter fool to disclose details, security through obscurity being key. Additionally, the generalities I discussed directly with you some months ago now in this very forum did not recommend themselves to your sensibilities then and I really don't feel as though revisiting that discussion now would prove anything other than redundant.

Although we appear to be politically far apart Ollie, nonetheless I enjoy reading your insights on the current social, political economic situation/future Ollie

I too am concerned & those on the Left & Right agree on something.

I think the system could collapse or at very least decline til we become only 1/2 as wealth ( or less) than we are today.

Anyways, I don't mind sharing a bit of my strategy or what I intend to do.

1. I intend to stock up on at least 10 ounces of gold, 100 ounces of silver & other precious metals and then build a pile form there. Because I think it's one of the ways a person can beat inflation. As the dollar erodes in value, most of these metals will at least retain their true value. So even if the currency declines, you'll generally be able to buy the same amount of goods you do today 10 years from now. As you pointed out about the new BRICS - it is backed by gold and therefore gold will figure more prominently as part of the coming financial system.

2. Learn to barter as it will become an increasing means of exchange as the value of fiat currencies continues to decline. Going back the future I suppose. You fix my plumbing and I'll give you a chicken and a crate of eggs, etc.

3. Invest in commodities as well such wheat, coffee, minerals and oil. While I think it's OK to invest in the stock market, ETF's etc I just think that for every dollar invested in buy a dollar of gold too as insurance in case the system tanks. Or if you make money from your investments, take at least some off the table and buy gold and other commodities with it.

4. Buy stocks in companies that are safe and pay dividends. Have been around for at least 100 years and will be around for at least 100 more.

5. Buy some inexpensive land outside of the city, build a cabin grow food on it.

Good way to become rent free and pay lower land taxes as well

6. Become less dependent on the grid and manufacture your own energy such as using solar power.

7. Become less depending on petro such as powering your car or other vehicles

Anyways, feel free to poke holes in this strategy and what I have missed.

No right or wrong, just an opinion that's all.

Herman

For the umpteenth time Joe there aint no left or right in North America. We have rich autoritarian progs and working class folks like me who aoppose their tyranny and folks like you who shill or them.

DKG

Quote from: Herman post_id=502784 time=1686012897 user_id=3396
For the umpteenth time Joe there aint no left or right in North America. We have rich autoritarian progs and working class folks like me who aoppose their tyranny and folks like you who shill or them.

Joe doesn't read what people write. He is a troll, he doesn't care.

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: JOE post_id=502780 time=1686011824 user_id=97
Anyways, feel free to poke holes in this strategy and what I have missed.

Already done, months ago. It didn't recommend itself to your sensibilities either.

- Biggie Smiles