News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Finally moved into the middle class world...

Started by Melson Gibson, June 06, 2023, 05:30:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=503395 time=1686792666 user_id=61
Quote from: caskur post_id=503374 time=1686785785 user_id=2156

You probably get bored when you lack intelligent company.

You are correct, the truth is I can't really social much or too long due to my disability, and no one in public that I've talked to has ever seem my real face...

I don't normally ask but what disability do you have?
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=503391 time=1686792171 user_id=61
Quote from: DKG post_id=503331 time=1686752505 user_id=3390

There are urban trails. It's not like going up to the Parry Sound area or Christian Island.

That's true, but still pretty cool for noobs like me.  :laugh:

Urban trails are better than no trails.

Zetsu

Quote from: caskur post_id=503399 time=1686794274 user_id=2156
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=503395 time=1686792666 user_id=61

You are correct, the truth is I can't really social much or too long due to my disability, and no one in public that I've talked to has ever seem my real face...

Schizophrenia and OCD, etc, it's easier for me to just wear a pair of sunglasses and a covid mask so I don't have to get burnt out from suppressing my sudden feelings and my weird facial expressions lol, you can say my desire and logic is normal, but emotionally random at times for minor to no reason.
Permanently off his rocker

Zetsu

Quote from: DKG post_id=503411 time=1686808323 user_id=3390
Quote from: Zetsu post_id=503391 time=1686792171 user_id=61

That's true, but still pretty cool for noobs like me.  :laugh:

No doubt, compared to HK or most of the developed Asian cities, I take a lot for granted.  :43(2):
Permanently off his rocker

caskur

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=503418 time=1686815412 user_id=61
Quote from: caskur post_id=503399 time=1686794274 user_id=2156

Schizophrenia and OCD, etc, it's easier for me to just wear a pair of sunglasses and a covid mask so I don't have to get burnt out from suppressing my sudden feelings and my weird facial expressions lol, you can say my desire and logic is normal, but emotionally random at times for minor to no reason.

That is a very original and clever way of dealing with it. I like the idea.  :thumbup:
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Melson Gibson

Quote from: caskur post_id=503361 time=1686784156 user_id=2156
I ALWAYS use the dehumidifier.... Look the machine you bought is expensive for cooling but it's the cheapest heating...cheaper than chopping your own wood.

Cooling a house will always be relatively expensive, but heat pumps are great when you need just a bit of heating... Unfortunately they have their limits when it gets really cold.  Here, nobody would rely solely on a heat pump for the coldest winter days, since they just can't perform well in sub-zero temps.  We all have gas/electric furnaces here, and many have wood stoves here also, so we survive.

Burning wood is still a thing in rural BC, because it grows everywhere here, and a wood stove permeates a house with the nicest heat that you could ever imagine.  It's hard to describe...  Wood is messy, a lot of work, but man you CANNOT beat the warm comfort a proper wood stove emits.

Odinson

Mine works well even during winter.

The return for the watts used is 1:1 after -25 Celsius.

But that doesnt mean it stops heating your house.

Depends on your house.

Americans build crappy houses.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Odinson post_id=503422 time=1686818539 user_id=136
Mine works well even during winter.

The return for the watts used is 1:1 after -25 Celsius.

But that doesnt mean it stops heating your house.

Depends on your house.

Americans build crappy houses.

Ya, it needs to be sized to the house, and square footage.  But in most parts of Canada you really do need a backup heating source, as it can get cold here also (there's a reason most of us live near the US border, and that is pretty much it)...

https://i.ibb.co/Ltn9c0t/Capture.png">

DKG

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=503419 time=1686815918 user_id=61
Quote from: DKG post_id=503411 time=1686808323 user_id=3390

No doubt, compared to HK or most of the developed Asian cities, I take a lot for granted.  :43(2):

Even Toronto.

caskur

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=503421 time=1686817787 user_id=3397
Quote from: caskur post_id=503361 time=1686784156 user_id=2156
I ALWAYS use the dehumidifier.... Look the machine you bought is expensive for cooling but it's the cheapest heating...cheaper than chopping your own wood.

Cooling a house will always be relatively expensive, but heat pumps are great when you need just a bit of heating... Unfortunately they have their limits when it gets really cold.  Here, nobody would rely solely on a heat pump for the coldest winter days, since they just can't perform well in sub-zero temps.  We all have gas/electric furnaces here, and many have wood stoves here also, so we survive.

Burning wood is still a thing in rural BC, because it grows everywhere here, and a wood stove permeates a house with the nicest heat that you could ever imagine.  It's hard to describe...  Wood is messy, a lot of work, but man you CANNOT beat the warm comfort a proper wood stove emits.

I have always had a fire place and can make great fires but my newer house uses hot air... set on 30 Celsius .. I run it for an hour and that heats all the main area.
- Andy Warhol

Herman

Quote from: Zetsu post_id=503392 time=1686792511 user_id=61
Quote from: Herman post_id=503369 time=1686785404 user_id=3396

And they have thousands of folks using them and no wildlife.

lol I hate to concur but you're right.  We pass by family groups or couples every few mins, not much privacy but if you've have seen the camp sites in HK, it's like 50x worst.

Ya, I know what you mean.