Replies: 8140
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 08:47:54 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

Five people shot, three dead in Auckland, New Zealand Shooting

Started by DKG, July 20, 2023, 02:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKG

New Zealand shooting – news: Gunman who killed two in Auckland was being monitored for domestic violence

A gunman shot and killed two people and wounded several others in a mass shooting in Auckland, New Zealand.

The gunman also died during the incident, according to police.

Police said at least five people were injured, including a police officer.

The 24-year-old gunman, who hasn't been named yet, was reportedly supposed to be on home confinement for domestic violence charges at the time of the shooting.

The incident comes on the eve of the FIFA Women's World Cup, which is due to kick off on Thursday.

https://www.aol.com/zealand-shooting-news-gunman-kills-224536848.html">https://www.aol.com/zealand-shooting-ne ... 36848.html">https://www.aol.com/zealand-shooting-news-gunman-kills-224536848.html

DKG

Police commissioner Andrew Coster said the gunman was a 24-year-old who had previously worked at the building site in Aukland and the motivation for the shooting appeared connected to his work there.

The gunman had a history of family violence and was serving a sentence of home detention but had an exemption to work at the lower Queen Street site, Mr Coster said.

The gunman began shooting at about 7.20am and police soon swarmed the area.

He moved through the building firing at people as many workers fled or hid.

The gunman then barricaded himself in an elevator shaft on the third floor, Mr Coster said, where Swat-type officers engaged him after securing the floors above and below.

"The offender fired at police, injuring an officer," Mr Coster said. "Shots were exchanged and the offender was later found deceased."

He said it was not yet clear if police had shot the gunman or he had killed himself. He said the gunman did not have a gun licence and so should not have been in possession of a weapon.

Melson Gibson

He's been named, but because he's not White, the media will be a bit slow to slam his name and face everywhere...

https://i.ibb.co/QrZg3bB/Capture.png">

Reggie_Essent

Lokmar

There goes shotguns for Kucked Kiwis. The will eventually have to spit on their leaders during a revolution because all their guns and knives will be confiscated.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=508814 time=1689879431 user_id=3378
I thought the Kiwis were all disarmed?

He used a shotgun, so much like Canada's 'gun ban', those weren't on the chopping block...

Reggie_Essent

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=508816 time=1689879684 user_id=3397

He used a shotgun, so much like Canada's 'gun ban', those weren't on the chopping block...

Ahhh.  So as Lokmar says, those will go next.

If someone want to kill someone, there's not much you can do.  Sounds like this kid had issues with some people he worked with.  A baseball bat or a knife would have worked just as well.

DKG

Quote from: "Melson Gibson" post_id=508807 time=1689879013 user_id=3397
He's been named, but because he's not White, the media will be a bit slow to slam his name and face everywhere...

https://i.ibb.co/QrZg3bB/Capture.png">

I think non Whites are the majority in Auckland or soon will be, so I knew there was a high probability the shooter was not of Eurpean origin.

Melson Gibson

Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=508819 time=1689879934 user_id=3378
If someone want to kill someone, there's not much you can do.

Pretty much.  It's cheaper and easier to rent a U-Haul truck than it is to buy a gun, and that truck can cause just as much damage or more...

Biggie Smiles

Chicago is effectively disarmed

and bro not a week goes by without someone getting their wig pushed back

Same with Baltimore

funny how that works eh?

Melson Gibson

Quote from: DKG post_id=508823 time=1689880331 user_id=3390
I think non Whites are the majority in Auckland or soon will be, so I knew there was a high probability the shooter was not of Eurpean origin.

Appears that Auckland is about 50% White, so it's typical of any larger Western city in that it's very multicultural...

Biggie Smiles

Cain killed his brother with a rock

we should ban all rocks

you know, cause they're all dangerous

Reggie_Essent

Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=508826 time=1689880654 user_id=3214

Same with Baltimore

funny how that works eh?

Our Chicago shoot/kill score this last weekend was 62 shot, 7 killed.  I think most were black folks, but I'm sure there were a few latinos and at least one white person.

Biggie Smiles

Quote from: Reggie_Essent post_id=508832 time=1689881220 user_id=3378
Quote from: "Biggie Smiles" post_id=508826 time=1689880654 user_id=3214

Same with Baltimore

funny how that works eh?

Our Chicago shoot/kill score this last weekend was 62 shot, 7 killed.

Nice

good to see those strict gun laws of yours are really working

Biggie Smiles

you know, it's crazy..

No secret that I like rap music -- and it's just nuts that every time I start to like a song out of a rapper coming outta chicago my son be like "dad, that dude been dead"

wtf?