Replies: 7846
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:42:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Brent

Dr. Who RIP

Started by Aylana, November 29, 2023, 11:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aylana

Sorry to anyone who was actually expecting a return to original DR. Who that was so fun and entertaining from the 1960's to the end of the Matt Smith run in 2011. Nope...instead it's more political messaging and endless virtue signaling...it seems no longer possible to create or continue an already established show without bending viewers over and ass raping them with political ideology then having the chutzpah to attack the fans when they complain no lube was used. If you want to enjoy Dr. Who you need to buy all the older seasons on Blu ray because all the reboots and remakes of tv shows and movies these days are pure shit.
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

reaps the honest

I stopped watching it when they made the Doc a women.

Lokmar

My wife watches it. I stopped once they added a kweirdo companion. I guess this is like the 3rd or 4th shark jump that show has made. Eventually, it will only be shown in a transgender studies class.

Brent

I have watched a few minutes of it. That is about it.

Bonesaw

I've never seen a single episode but David Tennant is cool.

Odinson

Havent watched a single episode...

But I know what a tardis is and the trashbin looking robots are Daleks.

Erica Mena

Quote from: Aylana on November 29, 2023, 11:47:14 AM

Sorry to anyone who was actually expecting a return to original DR. Who that was so fun and entertaining from the 1960's to the end of the Matt Smith run in 2011. Nope...instead it's more political messaging and endless virtue signaling...it seems no longer possible to create or continue an already established show without bending viewers over and ass raping them with political ideology then having the chutzpah to attack the fans when they complain no lube was used. If you want to enjoy Dr. Who you need to buy all the older seasons on Blu ray because all the reboots and remakes of tv shows and movies these days are pure shit.

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List
<t></t>

Oliver the Second

Herman

Quote from: Bonesaw on November 29, 2023, 02:21:23 PMI've never seen a single episode but David Tennant is cool.
I aint seen an episode either.

Frood

I stopped not long after Matt Smith left the show.
Blahhhhhh...

Adolf Oliver Bush

Quote from: Oliver the Second on November 29, 2023, 09:37:53 PM
I met that guy when I was about ten, right around the time of peak viwership for the series. Eight years and three regenerations later and the series had bombed in the ratings to levels that wouldn't be repeated until the wokels got their hooks into it and started destroying the canon "because inclusivity" and "empowered wammyn" etc.

Short sightedness on the Beeb's part when you consider that the series had no shortage of such characters during its run. Companions like Leela and Romana (the latter of whom was Tom Baker's intellectual and regenerative superior) are good examples and speak to a time when scriptwriters were capable of telling a reasonably decent story, instead of pissing all over the franchise like some mongrel dog with terminal incontinence.

I watched some of the new revamped series, it's had its moments sure, introduced a few adversaries which have shown some thought has gone into them, but it's never quite managed to equal the success of the classic series. And that shit was done on a shoestring budget and without the benefit of CGI, making the classic series all the more remarkable a feat to my mind.

I haven't caught a full episode since the eleventh Doctor, just snippets here and there. Enough to know the series has gone to total shit again and is deserving of getting flushed with extreme prejudice.
Her fucking fupa looked like a pair of ass cheeks... like someone naked ran into her head first and got stuck. She was like "come eat me out" and I was like "nah I think I'll go snort some anthrax and light myself on fire instead"

- Biggie Smiles

Aylana

You can not escape the all encompassing inclusivity anywhere...you have one commercial with some old lady who looks like Margaret Thatcher's spitting image puppet in bed with a black man that resembles Suge Knight talking about fucking Cheerios. The couples in commercials are Asians married to black guys, a white fit guy married to a fat, Danny DeVito looking slob...it's an alternate reality created by Hollywood. Even in a bloody short horror story I read the author made a big point of letting everyone know the main character was a lesbian even though it had nothing to do with the plot of the story. The only way to watch anything free from this insanity is to watch the original shows on DVD...they also have some cable channels that show old stuff mostly like Bonanza, ect. 95% of the current tv/movies are shit and not worth watching.

I will say season 6 of Black Mirror was good and did not have the usual ideological anal raping that is ubiquitous these days.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

Quote from: Aylana on November 30, 2023, 12:18:42 PMYou can not escape the all encompassing inclusivity anywhere...you have one commercial with some old lady who looks like Margaret Thatcher's spitting image puppet in bed with a black man that resembles Suge Knight talking about fucking Cheerios. The couples in commercials are Asians married to black guys, a white fit guy married to a fat, Danny DeVito looking slob...it's an alternate reality created by Hollywood. Even in a bloody short horror story I read the author made a big point of letting everyone know the main character was a lesbian even though it had nothing to do with the plot of the story. The only way to watch anything free from this insanity is to watch the original shows on DVD...they also have some cable channels that show old stuff mostly like Bonanza, ect. 95% of the current tv/movies are shit and not worth watching.

I will say season 6 of Black Mirror was good and did not have the usual ideological anal raping that is ubiquitous these days.
I am watching fewer American movies and shows and more shit from Poland.

Frood

I just watch classics and trace the credits for names, then search out other movies I've never seen or heard of before.

It centres me... if only for a couple of hours... and after every year of watching 100's of older movies, perhaps closer to a thousand, I'm okay with rewatching some of them whether intended or not... because you get different perspectives each time and after hundreds or thousands, you've virtually forgotten about the movies until you try again.

I like that. It honours my lineages.
Blahhhhhh...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview