Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

Blurt, One Thing I Don't Get About You

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2014, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Dude,

Something I don't get about you. I don't understand how you can possibly defend old Vesna or even find one good quality about her? I know we have discussed this privately and you always give me that "accepting the foibles of others bs", but she really is a looney twat.

What the fuck do see that everyone else is missing? Why do you kiss her hairy, wrinkly old white ass? I realize this is none of my business, but I'm a nosy Chink.

Chickenfeets

Shen,

I don't spend a lot of time defending anyone. This is the internet. People are adults. They can hold their own. And I'm no White Knight.

By the same token, and with very few exceptions, I don't spend a lot of time attacking anyone, either. It just seems pointless to recreate the whole high school ambience when, by most accounts, it's nobody's happiest time of life (in part, because of all the antagonistic cliques).

Trying to forge friendships in anonymous online settings is like trying to build sand castles on a patch of quicksand. People are here one day, gone the next. Emotional allegiances shift. The wearing of masks makes people chuck the usual social graces out the window.

Although I'm not always successful at it (people do get my goat, sometimes, and I sink to a lower level), I try to pretend that the person I'm exchanging with is right there, in front of me, in all his or fullness of being. I like to exchange with human beings, not just handles.

This being said, I try very hard not to confuse human beings with the handles or personas they create and use in anonymous forums. In the same measure that I can get to know the person behind or beyond the handle, the possibility of building a friendship (or, at the very least, a civil rapport) with that person increases.

Let me give you an example. Mr. Munday and I, here, used to be at each other's jugular pretty much constantly. Then, one day, I made a comment that went too far--a comment for which I apologized to him in private. While we haven't become the best of friends since, I've acquired a certain understanding and, yes, respect, for the man behind the handle. I now see him in a brighter (and better) light than I previously had. Now, when we interact, there seems to be an implicit understanding that, while our respective views haven't changed, the animosity between us (such as it is) has acquired a playful character.

The same goes for the woman you so much hate on VF, Shen. I see her in a different light than you do, partly because I've come to know the woman behind the handle a little bit better. (And, seeing as you brought up our series of PM exchanges, exactly the same thing is happening with you and me, these days.)

Nobody is a monster on these forums, no matter how much you may dislike their ideas. In the end, there are only three types of people--okay, handles--that I try to stay away from: cyber-bullies, stalkers, and those who take things outside forum walls and into real life (for example, by using PI for nefarious purposes). The object of your hatred, Shen, is none of those things. Neither is Mr. Munday. And, I like to think, neither are you.

Does this answer your question some?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Shen,

I don't spend a lot of time defending anyone. This is the internet. People are adults. They can hold their own. And I'm no White Knight.

By the same token, and with very few exceptions, I don't spend a lot of time attacking anyone, either. It just seems pointless to recreate the whole high school ambience when, by most accounts, it's nobody's happiest time of life (in part, because of all the antagonistic cliques).

Trying to forge friendships in anonymous online settings is like trying to build sand castles on a patch of quicksand. People are here one day, gone the next. Emotional allegiances shift. The wearing of masks makes people chuck the usual social graces out the window.

Although I'm not always successful at it (people do get my goat, sometimes, and I sink to a lower level), I try to pretend that the person I'm exchanging with is right there, in front of me, in all his or fullness of being. I like to exchange with human beings, not just handles.

This being said, I try very hard not to confuse human beings with the handles or personas they create and use in anonymous forums. In the same measure that I can get to know the person behind or beyond the handle, the possibility of building a friendship (or, at the very least, a civil rapport) with that person increases.

Let me give you an example. Mr. Munday and I, here, used to be at each other's jugular pretty much constantly. Then, one day, I made a comment that went too far--a comment for which I apologized to him in private. While we haven't become the best of friends since, I've acquired a certain understanding and, yes, respect, for the man behind the handle. I now see him in a brighter (and better) light than I previously had. Now, when we interact, there seems to be an implicit understanding that, while our respective views haven't changed, the animosity between us (such as it is) has acquired a playful character.

The same goes for the woman you so much hate on VF, Shen. I see her in a different light than you do, partly because I've come to know the woman behind the handle a little bit better. (And, seeing as you brought up our series of PM exchanges, exactly the same thing is happening with you and me, these days.)

Nobody is a monster on these forums, no matter how much you may dislike their ideas. In the end, there are only three types of people--okay, handles--that I try to stay away from: cyber-bullies, stalkers, and those who take things outside forum walls and into real life (for example, by using PI for nefarious purposes). The object of your hatred, Shen, is none of those things. Neither is Mr. Munday. And, I like to think, neither are you.

Nope, but I didn't expect a real answer anyway. You are an adult and you don't need to explain anything to me. As I said, I'm a nosy Chink.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Nope, but I didn't expect a real answer anyway. You are an adult and you don't need to explain anything to me. As I said, I'm a nosy Chink.

If you want to bury the hatchet with evs you should give her a piece offering. I recommend the epic, illustrious novel Tartan Dragon. Nothing shows you care more than a great book.

Anonymous

Annie

Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

cc

I'm just wondering WHERE Shen would "bury that hatchet" ...... body-wise
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"I'm just wondering WHERE Shen would "bury that hatchet" ...... body-wise

I will not reveal anything that may incriminate me.

keeper

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"That was funny Gary

Well, I guess there is a first for everything Keeps.

keeper

I get what Blurt is saying, What it boils down to is its just best not to say anything.

Not retaliating sometimes makes the other person more angry than if you said something assholeish back.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I get what Blurt is saying, What it boils down to is its just best not to say anything.

Not retaliating sometimes makes the other person more angry than if you said something assholeish back.

I agree to an extent, but you and I know old Vesna craves it.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"I get what Blurt is saying, What it boils down to is its just best not to say anything.

Very good advice Keeper.

Gary Oak

Blurt wears his mother's undies. :lol:  :o  :)  :mrgreen:  :ugeek:  :P

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"

Blurt wears his mother's undies. :lol:  :o  :)  :mrgreen:  :ugeek:  :P

That is a cheap shot about a good person Gary Oak.

:roll: