Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

This new internet cafe is really ripping me off

Started by Anonymous, October 16, 2014, 08:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I forgave them for telling me that it only costs $4 before tax to go on the internet, then charging me $5 after tax.

I forgave them for charging $4.46 for vitamin water, when I can get it at a vending machine across town for $2.50.

I forgave them for trying to harass me into buying a $40 membership card.

I almost didn't forgive them for accepting a $10 bill and not giving me change, but one of the staff members just handed me my change.  So I forgive them.

And that's just the first couple of weeks that I've been coming here.

Anonymous

What else could I expect?  It's run by Chinese people.

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"What else could I expect?  It's run by Chinese people.

ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_wot

It was just a joke  ac_toofunny

Seriously I think you should relax and have a sense of humor ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

ac_wot

It was just a joke  ac_toofunny

Seriously I think you should relax and have a sense of humor ac_drinks

I will try RDL.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Couple more things.

Today I got there around 9pm and the doors were locked.  So I had to knock.  The staff unlocked the doors for me.  Apparently the staff forgot to unlock the door at 1pm opening time and missed out on 8 hours worth of customers.

Also if I visit certain sites then every time I try to type then this translator pops up translating certain English letters into Chinese characters.  It's really annoying because in order for me to type a sentence without getting translated into Chinese I have to type one word then click the mouse then type one word then click the mouse etc.  No idea how to get rid of this pop up translator.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"Couple more things.

Today I got there around 9pm and the doors were locked.  So I had to knock.  The staff unlocked the doors for me.  Apparently the staff forgot to unlock the door at 1pm opening time and missed out on 8 hours worth of customers.

Also if I visit certain sites then every time I try to type then this translator pops up translating certain English letters into Chinese characters.  It's really annoying because in order for me to type a sentence without getting translated into Chinese I have to type one word then click the mouse then type one word then click the mouse etc.  No idea how to get rid of this pop up translator.

Do you mean pinyin into Chinese characters RDL?

Anonymous

It used to be that the staff would just let me come up to the counter if I wanted more time.  But today, one of the staff members approached me and told me I had 10 minutes left, and asked me if I wanted to "top up my account".  Sounds like they're not getting many customers, and they need their existing customers to stay for more than one hour.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"It used to be that the staff would just let me come up to the counter if I wanted more time.  But today, one of the staff members approached me and told me I had 10 minutes left, and asked me if I wanted to "top up my account".  Sounds like they're not getting many customers, and they need their existing customers to stay for more than one hour.

There are not that many internet cafes anymore RDL?

Plenty of free wifi places though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"

I think the trick is to close Google Chrome then reopen it.  It worked just now.