The best topic

Replies: 7872
Total votes: : 3

Last post: June 16, 2024, 11:40:29 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

I would love this ticket

Started by Biggie Smiles, May 24, 2024, 03:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Logic Sandwich

Quote from: Shen Li on May 25, 2024, 01:14:55 AMAmerica needs more indy thinkers like Tulsi Gabbard in office. She would make a terrific prez in 2028.
I'm cautiously optimistic where she is concerned. I seem to recall she was anti-gun for a while and I personally see the value of a "regulated militia" (as defined under the founding fathers parlance) to defend against bad faith actors, both foreign and domestic. Particularly when those bad faith actors happen to have found their way into the government. It helped the colonies in their struggle against their British overlords before, I have no doubt it would serve them admirably now if they would but exercise the provisions made them under the constitution and its amendments.

I will say that Tulsi appears to have tempered her opposition to the idea of a regulated militia in recent years. She also impressed me greatly by showing a preference for negotiation with foreign leaders than simply sending in the troops. Copped a lot of flack for her penchant from others in the Democratic party ranks too which indicated to me that she is not on the same page as them. Good. The democratic party is a fucking cancer in my opinion, so is the republican party for the most part, though the dems really take the biscuit when it comes to being blatantly obvious about it.

For a leader to earn my vote, they must first demonstrate they are willing to represent my interests. I will accept that I am one of many and that others interests should be represented as well; that is and should be part and parcel of the groundswell of popularity that gets our guy or gal into the office. What I will not accept is someone who owes their allegiance to party ideology first. If the party is going all out to get their hate on for a particular political figure (as the democrats did with Ms Gabbard) I am inclined to look a little closer at the hated figure and decide for myself if there is something there I might support in the expectation of receiving in kind.

Or to put it another way, if Tulsi keeps going in the direction I see her as going, I would welcome her as a candidate in future elections. Should she snag the VP slot (fingers crossed that she does) I cannot think of any more visible platform for her to prove her mettle (good or bad) for a future presidential run.

DKG

I remember watching Gabbard wipe the floor with Kamala Harris in 2016. Tulsi's positions and priorities have changed since then.

I think she could win over some independents. I also think she could be an effective communicator for Trump's policies. But, Mike Pence was at one time too.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Logic Sandwich

Quote from: DKG on May 25, 2024, 09:20:39 AMI remember watching Gabbard wipe the floor with Kamala Harris in 2016. Tulsi's positions and priorities have changed since then.

I think she could win over some independents. I also think she could be an effective communicator for Trump's policies. But, Mike Pence was at one time too.
Maybe in your estimation. I don't know if you remember that whole "Periods for Pence" flap in 2019, but the way he and his office handled the whole affair from its retarded inception had me rolling my eyes.

I was never under any illusion as to what Mike Pence was and is. I said at the time that Trump could have done a lot better than to choose that particular assclown; a good many disagreed or just flat out ignored it.

Pretty much as the various liberals I know that ignored my cautionaries about ignoring what the democrats were shuffling through the door on the sly in 2020. I was right in my estimations there too.

DKG

Quote from: Logic Sandwich on May 25, 2024, 09:52:14 AMMaybe in your estimation. I don't know if you remember that whole "Periods for Pence" flap in 2019, but the way he and his office handled the whole affair from its retarded inception had me rolling my eyes.

I was never under any illusion as to what Mike Pence was and is. I said at the time that Trump could have done a lot better than to choose that particular assclown; a good many disagreed or just flat out ignored it.

Pretty much as the various liberals I know that ignored my cautionaries about ignoring what the democrats were shuffling through the door on the sly in 2020. I was right in my estimations there too.
I was thinking as a spokesperson for the COVID response and his veep debate with Harris.

Lokmar

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 2 View List

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on May 25, 2024, 10:58:26 PMTrump aint gonna pick her. No fucking way.
I don't know if she is on his short list and I don't care.

This is what I know about her.

She left the Democratic Party, accusing its leadership of "cowardly wokeness, anti-white racism, (being) hostile to people of faith and spirituality, and dragging us closer to nuclear war". Shortly thereafter, Gabbard endorsed and campaigned for several Republican candidates in the 2022 midterm elections. Among the candidates were Senate candidates Don Bolduc, Adam Laxalt and J. D. Vance, and Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake.

DKG

Quote from: Shen Li on May 26, 2024, 12:28:33 AMI don't know if she is on his short list and I don't care.

This is what I know about her.

She left the Democratic Party, accusing its leadership of "cowardly wokeness, anti-white racism, (being) hostile to people of faith and spirituality, and dragging us closer to nuclear war". Shortly thereafter, Gabbard endorsed and campaigned for several Republican candidates in the 2022 midterm elections. Among the candidates were Senate candidates Don Bolduc, Adam Laxalt and J. D. Vance, and Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake.
I would prefer Desantis or Vivek, but Gabbard would help Trump win some indy votes.

Frood

Quote from: DKG on May 26, 2024, 09:02:08 AMI would prefer Desantis or Vivek, but Gabbard would help Trump win some indy votes.

DeSantis would backstab Trump. 
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Quote from: Frood on May 26, 2024, 09:20:25 AMDeSantis would backstab Trump. 
And vice versa. Any person on the ticket is capable of that.

Frood

Blahhhhhh...

Brent

I hope Vivek gets on the ticket. The more he speaks, the more I like him.

Shen Li

Quote from: DKG on May 26, 2024, 09:31:04 AMAnd vice versa. Any person on the ticket is capable of that.
Trump can't expect 100% loyalty when he doesn't give it either.

DKG

Quote from: Shen Li on May 28, 2024, 01:38:21 AMTrump can't expect 100% loyalty when he doesn't give it either.
That is politics. Loyalties change.

smartass

Quote from: DKG on May 25, 2024, 09:55:24 AMI was thinking as a spokesperson for the COVID response and his veep debate with Harris.
One establishment schill facing off against another. Both wanted to exert greater control over the populace, albeit in different ways. I'd have been tempted to call both Pence  and Harris cunts at the time, except that cunts are actually useful.

smartass

Quote from: Shen Li on May 28, 2024, 01:38:21 AMTrump can't expect 100% loyalty when he doesn't give it either.
I dunno, have you seen how some people are around DeSanctimonious and Ramhisrajah?

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
Is Alticus a dick sucking fairy? (answer is opposite of no):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview