Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

No cake and presents on my birthday :(

Started by Anonymous, November 26, 2014, 08:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Yesterday was my 28th birthday.  I went to my parents' house for dinner, but it just wasn't the same this year.

My oldest brother was not there because of his 8 month old daughter demanding all his attention.

My parents decided not to get a cake... not even half a cake... just four tiny cupcakes, one for Mom, one for Dad, two for me... apparently they didn't want me having the usual two huge slices of cake, because of my weight problem... which they would not let me forget about... not even on my birthday.

My parents gave me the usual greeting card and the usual $200 cash, but none of the usual presents (socks, slippers, can of nuts, Terry's chocolate orange, slice of gouda cheese)... but then I complained, and they backtracked, and gave me some plastic dish scrubbers that I had been looking for at Shoppers Drug Mart but couldn't find... they also gave me mozzarella instead of gouda.

My parents insisted on watching Home & Garden Television when I wanted to watch soap operas, and when I complained, my Dad suggested I read a book... what a jerk... I haven't been interested in reading books for pleasure in a really long time... perhaps I've never been.

My Dad got the usual Chinese food, but forgot the fortune cookies, and tried to make it seem as though the Chinese restaurant was out of fortune cookies for several weeks.

I would say Birthday 2014 ranked up there with Christmas 2012 in terms of bad holidays.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"Yesterday was my 28th birthday.  I went to my parents' house for dinner, but it just wasn't the same this year.

My oldest brother was not there because of his 8 month old daughter demanding all his attention.

My parents decided not to get a cake... not even half a cake... just four tiny cupcakes, one for Mom, one for Dad, two for me... apparently they didn't want me having the usual two huge slices of cake, because of my weight problem... which they would not let me forget about... not even on my birthday.

My parents gave me the usual greeting card and the usual $200 cash, but none of the usual presents (socks, slippers, can of nuts, Terry's chocolate orange, slice of gouda cheese)... but then I complained, and they backtracked, and gave me some plastic dish scrubbers that I had been looking for at Shoppers Drug Mart but couldn't find... they also gave me mozzarella instead of gouda.

My parents insisted on watching Home & Garden Television when I wanted to watch soap operas, and when I complained, my Dad suggested I read a book... what a jerk... I haven't been interested in reading books for pleasure in a really long time... perhaps I've never been.

My Dad got the usual Chinese food, but forgot the fortune cookies, and tried to make it seem as though the Chinese restaurant was out of fortune cookies for several weeks.

I would say Birthday 2014 ranked up there with Christmas 2012 in terms of bad holidays.

But they still remembered your birthday and gave you money, a card and a gift from Shopper's Drug Mart..

That shows they care about you RDL..

It was not a bad birthday for you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "RDL"Yesterday was my 28th birthday.  I went to my parents' house for dinner, but it just wasn't the same this year.

But they still remembered your birthday and gave you money, a card and a gift from Shopper's Drug Mart..

You are illiterate.  You did not read properly.  The gift wasn't from Shoppers Drug Mart.  I tried to find it at Shoppers Drug Mart but couldn't.  My parents bought it from somewhere else.  Learn English.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

You are illiterate.  You did not read properly.  The gift wasn't from Shoppers Drug Mart.  I tried to find it at Shoppers Drug Mart but couldn't.  My parents bought it from somewhere else.  Learn English.

I am sorry I misunderstood your meaning RDL.

ac_blush

Anonymous

What did you get them for their birthdays RDL, and why do they owe you more than they have already given you ?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Move Along Now"What did you get them for their birthdays RDL, and why do they owe you more than they have already given you ?

You're right.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Move Along Now"What did you get them for their birthdays RDL, and why do they owe you more than they have already given you ?

I agree Move Along Now, that any present they give it given voluntarily and RDL should remember that.