The best topic

Replies: 10342
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:13:52 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Drank a moderate amount tonight...

Started by Frood, August 26, 2024, 11:04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Lokmar

Quote from: Shen Li on August 26, 2024, 10:04:36 PMAll alcoholic beverages are very expensive here in Singapore.

What is the preferred alcohol there? If you know, what brands are considered "good"?

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on August 26, 2024, 10:30:57 PMWhat is the preferred alcohol there? If you know, what brands are considered "good"?
Everything you would find at home. Beer, whisky, vodka, rum, gin, and so on.

On top of these you'll find liquor from neighbouring countries. Chinese baijiu, Korean soju, Japanese sake.

The number one beer here is Singapore's own Tiger beer. However, you can find any beer(or liquor) you would in the US. Singapore is an international city.

Lokmar

Quote from: Shen Li on August 27, 2024, 09:02:19 PMEverything you would find at home. Beer, whisky, vodka, rum, gin, and so on.

On top of these you'll find liquor from neighbouring countries. Chinese baijiu, Korean soju, Japanese sake.

The number one beer here is Singapore's own Tiger beer. However, you can find any beer(or liquor) you would in the US. Singapore is an international city.

The reason I ask is I need an education on Sake. Let me know what brands are good if you can find out. I paid $36 for a bottle of "KONTEKI SAKE TEARS OF DAWN DAIGINJO" in Florida a few weeks back and I thought it was decent...better than Tozi's Living Jewel anyway. We all got a bit hooked on what they call a Geisha Girl which is 1/2 plum wine and 1/2 sake to cut the sweetness. At Epcot several years ago I learned that they serve Hatkusuru Brand Plum Wine. I like it better than any other plum wine that I've tried.

DKG

Quote from: Lokmar on August 27, 2024, 10:29:14 PMThe reason I ask is I need an education on Sake. Let me know what brands are good if you can find out. I paid $36 for a bottle of "KONTEKI SAKE TEARS OF DAWN DAIGINJO" in Florida a few weeks back and I thought it was decent...better than Tozi's Living Jewel anyway. We all got a bit hooked on what they call a Geisha Girl which is 1/2 plum wine and 1/2 sake to cut the sweetness. At Epcot several years ago I learned that they serve Hatkusuru Brand Plum Wine. I like it better than any other plum wine that I've tried.
A friend of mine knows sake. I will ask him.

Lokmar

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on August 27, 2024, 10:29:14 PMThe reason I ask is I need an education on Sake. Let me know what brands are good if you can find out. I paid $36 for a bottle of "KONTEKI SAKE TEARS OF DAWN DAIGINJO" in Florida a few weeks back and I thought it was decent...better than Tozi's Living Jewel anyway. We all got a bit hooked on what they call a Geisha Girl which is 1/2 plum wine and 1/2 sake to cut the sweetness. At Epcot several years ago I learned that they serve Hatkusuru Brand Plum Wine. I like it better than any other plum wine that I've tried.
I have tried sake maybe 3 times in the last 10 years.

Take a look at this link.
https://www.sake.sg/product-category/sake/brands/
Winner Winner x 1 View List

Lokmar

DKG

Try these:

Nanbu Bijin Awa Sparkling Junmai Ginjo Sake

Daishichi Minowamon Junmai Daiginjo Premium Sake

Gassan Izumo Junmai Ginjo Premium Sake

Gassan Junmai Daiginjo Premium Sake

Hyaku Moku Alt3 Sake

Hyaku Moku Junmai Daiginjo Sake

Shichiken Kaikoma Junmai Daiginjo Sake

Pure Dusk Shimizu No Mai Junmai Ginjo Sake
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Quote from: DKG on August 29, 2024, 07:12:36 AMTry these:

Nanbu Bijin Awa Sparkling Junmai Ginjo Sake

Daishichi Minowamon Junmai Daiginjo Premium Sake

Gassan Izumo Junmai Ginjo Premium Sake

Gassan Junmai Daiginjo Premium Sake

Hyaku Moku Alt3 Sake

Hyaku Moku Junmai Daiginjo Sake

Shichiken Kaikoma Junmai Daiginjo Sake

Pure Dusk Shimizu No Mai Junmai Ginjo Sake

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
Is the "D" in Django silent? Yes or No? (must be lower case):
spell bacon backwards with the first letter capitalized:
911 was an attack on what city (spell out lower case two words):
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview