Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

No.1 Name For Boys Born In UK In 2014...Muhammad

Started by Anonymous, December 01, 2014, 07:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

That stat Romero posted is so misleading. If there is a slight variation in Anglicization then Muhammad and Mohammad are different names kind of like John and Jon I guess. ac_rollseyes

Muhammad no matter how you spell it is the most popular name in both England and the world. The UK faces a bright future. acc_devil

cc

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "cc li tarte"
Quote from: "Real Woman"..... Is there a slant in their actual numbers?  ......

Not so much "a slant to their numbers" .. they are likely correct and make sense to me.

More that they are dedicated to "work 24/7 to assure me that all is good with islam" ... and regularly copy paste material directly and exactly from CAIR which was founded by the Muslim Brotherhood and  who works 25/7 to assure me that all is good with islam

I find HuffPoo's islam-peon dedication quite funny without even questioning why they CAIR so much.

Seems no other media presents any other side to the story.  Why shouldn't they?
Most media didn't even cover it at all either way, especially the majors  ... or at the most a mention in passing.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"That stat Romero posted is so misleading. If there is a slight variation in Anglicization then Muhammad and Mohammad are different names kind of like John and Jon I guess. ac_rollseyes

Muhammad no matter how you spell it is the most popular name in both England and the world. The UK faces a bright future. acc_devil

I have met people named Mohammad in Calgary..

I am not sure of the spelling though.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I was curious on the ACTUAL NUMBERS and Huff delivered.  Is that biased reporting?  Is there a slant in their actual numbers?  Many other media sources failed to disclose said numbers or how variations were used to pad their counts while excluding variations of other names.  That reeks of a bias to me moreso than providing an actual count by name.

Just saying.

The anglicization of the name means fuck all. We know who the future jihadi is named after and it isn't a member of the Brit royal family. CC is right, Huffpo is trying to convince us all is good with the religion of peace, but is failing miserably.

WOW!  You Asians really don't fuck around when it comes to high expectations eh?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Most media didn't even cover it at all either way, especially the majors  ... or at the most a mention in passing.

The Guardian ain't big enough for ya?

The Muhammad myth is a popular one. For at least four years there have been numerous news reports declaring that Mohammed is the most popular boy's name in the country. Or maybe Mohamed. Or should that be Muhammad? Look more closely, though, and there is more to the rise of Muhammad than meets the eye. From Mo Farah to Mohamed Al Fayed and Muhammad Ali, there is no shortage of high-profile people named after the prophet of Islam. In Muslim families, the name is bestowed with abandon by new parents. Even Muslim men who don't use the name sometimes have it tucked away.

My grandfather and uncle are both Muhammads, which is relatively restrained. One of my friends has a father, father-in-law and brother all called Mohammed – and she has now given it to her son as a middle name. In other cultures, it might hint at an unforgiveable lack of creativity, but my friend says she would not consider allowing it to skip a generation.

"It's partly Bengali tradition," she says, adding that it was also a conscious decision to ensure that her son engaged with his religious heritage. "I wanted a name that would make my son think about who our prophet was, and what it really means to be a Muslim, rather than any negative media representation of Islam, or the twisted actions of those who claim to do things in the prophet's name."

But even when the different spellings are collated, Muhammad is not yet Britain's most popular name. The latest research putting Mohammed at the top of the baby name lists is based on responses from users of the website BabyCentre. According to the most recent figures from the Office of National Statistics, though, Muhammad was only the 16th most popular boy's name in England and Wales, and the 52nd most popular in Scotland last year. In previous years, newspapers have arrived at the conclusion that Mohammed is the most popular name by adding together figures for all the different spellings. But it has been pointed out that if we did the same for other popular names, such as Oliver and Ollie or Henry and Harry, the Mos would not get a look in.

So why does the story keep returning? Partly, perhaps, because it plays on fears of both immigration and cultural change. While Muslims make up 4.4% of the UK population, a more significant factor is that, while the rest of the population is increasingly choosing from a wider pool of names (think Tyrion and Piper, apparently inspired by Game of Thrones and Orange is the New Black), Muslims are sticking with Muhammad.

And against the background of rising Islamophobia, it's hard not to think that these headlines tell us more about the unease with which Muslims are viewed. Imran Awan, a criminologist at Birmingham City University who has been researching Islamophobia, believes that there is a tendency to sensationalise reporting around Muslim issues, with topics such as naming or halal meat acting as as flashpoints. "Some Islamophobia is perpetuated by fear and a sense that Muslims are taking over and polarising society. Little issues such as the name of Muhammad are turned by the far right into vitriolic hate against Muslims."

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/01/muhammad-truth-about-britains-most-misunderstood-baby-name">http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014 ... -baby-name">http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/dec/01/muhammad-truth-about-britains-most-misunderstood-baby-name
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

How about Aljazeera cc?  Washington Post?  Telegraph?  Time?

Those major enough?  ;)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"How about Aljazeera cc?  Washington Post?  Telegraph?  Time?

Those major enough?  ;)

We Googled the same shit I see. Aljazeera said the Mo versions are the number one name for boys. I forget how many British Muzzies are in Iraq and Syria fighting for the Islamic state and against their home country. Isn't it awesome the way Britain successfully conquered Islam(through multiculturalism) and not the other way around. The UK(United Kaliphate) will have a glorious future. ac_rollseyes

cc

Quote from: "Real Woman"..... Is there a slant in their actual numbers?  ......

Not so much "a slant to their numbers" .. they are likely correct and make sense to me.

More that they are dedicated to "work 24/7 to assure me that all is good with islam" ... and regularly copy paste material directly and exactly from CAIR which was founded by the Muslim Brotherhood and  who works 25/7 to assure me that all is good with islam

I find HuffPoo's islam-peon dedication quite funny without even questioning why they CAIR so much.

So, what was your question? I didn't understand it  .. nor did I understand what you were saying  .. nor do I understand what "any other side to the story" means .. what other side?

cc

Quote from: "Fashionista"I am not sure of the spelling though.
There are as many spellings as there are sects of islam and geographic areas.  ..  many variations "in English" ... in Arabic, not so much

Usually it would the first born male who gets a version of their violent cruel supremacist Genghis Khan-like (according to his own and many others words who knew him and wrote his life story)  prophet's name

RW

So, what was your question? I didn't understand it  .. nor did I understand what you were saying  .. nor do I understand what "any other side to the story" means .. what other side?

The side that presents the numbers vs the hype.
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

Does Al Jizerra represent the numbers or the hype> .... I'm still confuse and best I stay there on this one as the deeper we go the confusder I get

I really don't CAIR much about it - Killings of non - believers everywhere around the world by those mimicking MO ... that matters  ... Muslim Brotherhood CAIR's 24/7 antics and certain press that hourly copy / pastes their crap within N Am society  I "care" about

Then, there's the EU self inflicted infestation

RW

What does that have to do with Muslims naming their kids Mohammed?
Beware of Gaslighters!

cc

THAT IS Mo, the violent  supremacist  Ghengis Khan kinda guy that many proudly  name their kids after, in action today

I'm not going to get into a pissing match over this small part of the scourge. My principal problem is not so much islam .... I know and accept how violent and supremacist that islam c/w its organizations like CAIR are .... my real concern is not islam .... my central problem is how many peon for it / make excuses  for it  / help islam camouflage its actual self throughout the West

Yesterday Rotherham cover up collusion  by teacher's union, police and politicians ... Today, Walmart ... go figure THIS one

Renee

Quote from: "cc li tarte"THAT IS Mo, the violent  supremacist  Ghengis Khan kinda guy that many proudly  name their kids after, in action today

My princial problem is not so much islam .... I know and accept how violent and supremacist what islam c/w its organizations like CAIR is .... my real concern is not islam .... my central problem is how many peon for it / make excuses  for it  / help islam camouflage its actual self throughout the West

Yesterday Rotherham cover up collusion  by teacher's union, police and politicians ... Today, Walmart ... go figure THIS one

Wow, an Islamic tree topper that lights up.  ac_toofunny

I didn't know Muslims celebrate Christmas ac_rollseyes

I wonder how many of those Walmart thinks it is going to sell? Better yet, who was the genius in the Walmart organization that thought there was viable market for Muslim Christmas tree decorations?

I might be jumping to conclusions here but methinks that clown (whoever it was) needs to be fired.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"What does that have to do with Muslims naming their kids Mohammed?

I was going to name my son Muhammad or Mohammad, but I felt he was too violent, a racist and a pedophile. I settled on naming him after a historical figure who was less violent and racist.....Adolf Hitler. acc_brix