Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

How do you sit?

Started by Annie, December 05, 2014, 01:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I sit usually with my legs out but feet intertwined, just like my mother used to do. It's an odd habit I think. I even do it in my sleep. It's seems to be the only comfortable way for me that doesn't cause pain. When I sit with my legs crossed my right hip starts to ache and then burn and cramp  ac_crying
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I sit usually with my legs out but feet intertwined, just like my mother used to do. It's an odd habit I think. I even do it in my sleep. It's seems to be the only comfortable way for me that doesn't cause pain. When I sit with my legs crossed my right hip starts to ache and then burn and cramp  ac_crying

Usually with legs crossed Annie, but not when I am at work.

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"I sit usually with my legs out but feet intertwined, just like my mother used to do. It's an odd habit I think. I even do it in my sleep. It's seems to be the only comfortable way for me that doesn't cause pain. When I sit with my legs crossed my right hip starts to ache and then burn and cramp  ac_crying

I sit the same way, Annie. Being that I'm vertically challenged and kinda wide with heavy muscular thighs, sitting with my legs fully crossed has always been a bit of a problem for me.  ac_dunno

I can do it if need be but I look all contorted and stuffed into position and it's not all that comfortable.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I can't sit too long in any position. In fact, I hate sitting for too long period.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I can't sit too long in any position. In fact, I hate sitting for too long period.

I can't sit for long either especially if I have to keep my legs bent; my knees are really bad. Surgery is the likely cure but I'm still too chicken.

Years of playing catcher has taken it's toll on my knees which BTW is a common hazard of the game. People warned me that I was going to have knee problems by the time I was 40 but when you are in your teens and early twenties you think you are indestructible.   ac_unsure

Being a little too hefty hasn't done them any favors either.  ac_dunno
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

I can't sit for long either especially if I have to keep my legs bent; my knees are really bad. Surgery is the likely cure but I'm still too chicken.

Years of playing catcher has taken it's toll on my knees which BTW is a common hazard of the game. People warned me that I was going to have knee problems by the time I was 40 but when you are in your teens and early twenties you think you are indestructible.   ac_unsure

Being a little too hefty hasn't done them any favors either.  ac_dunno

Even sitting on the leather sectional with the foot rest out feels uncomfortable after a while. Sure is comfy at first, but it wears off.

Annie

Ya I can't sit for long periods of time too, and it's not healthy to do so either. I get up and go do things, go for a walk, stretch every half hour or so.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Ya I can't sit for long periods of time too, and it's not healthy to do so either. I get up and go do things, go for a walk, stretch every half hour or so.

Long-haul truck drivers are proof of that.

Annie

When I spent a couple weeks in bed in hospital they had these inflatable leggings that were on my legs all the time so I wouldn't develop clots.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"When I spent a couple weeks in bed in hospital they had these inflatable leggings that were on my legs all the time so I wouldn't develop clots.

I have heard of bed sores for people who have been bed-ridden for a while.

Annie

I wasn't bedridden long enough to develop bed sores, thank gawd! But I did develop 2 weeks of constipation :(

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"When I spent a couple weeks in bed in hospital they had these inflatable leggings that were on my legs all the time so I wouldn't develop clots.

I am happy you made a full recovery Annie.

ac_smile

Annie

Thanks Fash, me too  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I wasn't bedridden long enough to develop bed sores, thank gawd! But I did develop 2 weeks of constipation :(

You're OK now though right?

Annie

Oh ya I'm fiiine  ac_smile  lol