Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

A

Gasoline Is 88.9 Cents/Litre In Edmonton

Started by Anonymous, December 05, 2014, 05:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Gasoline is 83.9/litre in some spots this morning. It just keeps falling.

yippee...97.9 in Saskatoon yesterday.....keep dropping.....glad BC has a fucking carbon tax to keep their gas at least 10 cents higher than anyone else......good for those fucking granola chomping, tree hugging, drug using assholes...... ac_beating

Yes, but they are the same moronic hypocrites who want to stop KM from expanding their infrastructure into Burnaby. They have been a good corporate citizen now for 61 years, but if they increase their exports all hell will break loose. ac_rollseyes

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Gasoline is 83.9/litre in some spots this morning. It just keeps falling.

yippee...97.9 in Saskatoon yesterday.....keep dropping.....glad BC has a fucking carbon tax to keep their gas at least 10 cents higher than anyone else......good for those fucking granola chomping, tree hugging, drug using assholes...... ac_beating

We will buy gasoline on the weekend Obvious Li, so I hope the price will drop some more.

Superchecker

Saw 108.7 L this morning... An "expert" on GlobalBC said that we should see the retail price come down another dime over the next couple of months...

Is the lower price of crude hurting Alberta? I thought i heard that they need prices above $70 US a barrel to make it profitable???
<t></t>

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Superchecker"Saw 108.7 L this morning... An "expert" on GlobalBC said that we should see the retail price come down another dime over the next couple of months...

Is the lower price of crude hurting Alberta? I thought i heard that they need prices above $70 US a barrel to make it profitable???

super...do you know what it is in mission...always a few cents lower there...coming in January so curious  ?????

Superchecker

You can always go to http://www.vancouvergasprices.com">www.vancouvergasprices.com   The valley used to be like 15 cents a litre cheaper because of NO TransLink transit taxes out there...

If you bring a passport, you can cross into Washington state- Sumas? and pay similar to Alberta prices...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Saw 108.7 L this morning... An "expert" on GlobalBC said that we should see the retail price come down another dime over the next couple of months...

It was 83.9 yesterday in the Czuk.

It depends on the project. It doesn't have as big an impact on oilsands projects as it does conventional oil. We think 10 years from now while conventional oil and gas capital spending can be pared back in a moment's notice. Newfoundland for example is really feeling the pain. The CAODC(Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors) keeps revising downward the projected number of wells to be spudded in Canada for 2015.

Hope this gives you an idea of how things work here.

Superchecker

Do you know of "many" projects that are slowing down?? Are some workers going home for Christmas and maybe not heading back to work for a while???
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Do you know of "many" projects that are slowing down?? Are some workers going home for Christmas and maybe not heading back to work for a while???

In the oilsands projects are large-scale and long-term, so it's business as usual. If prices stay low for a long time then new projects will be shelved until the Saudis get tired of trying to price North America out of the market.

The big short term cuts are on the conventional oil side. Precision has cut the number of rigs that will be working over the busy winter drilling season. Ensign has followed suit. Nisku, Alberta(just outside Edmonton) is where many drilling and service contractors are based out of. Last year there was a shortage of men at the this time, but this year it is not an issue.

I read today that if prices were to remain at these levels throughout 2015, it would mean a 7+ billion dollar loss of revenue to our province. This does not include the lost income tax revenues from the guys manning the iron. We can expect some serious cuts and higher fees when Premier Prentice releases the budget for the coming year.

Low oil prices are bad for the Canadian economy as a whole. Even the USA which used to get a .3% boost to GDP when prices dropped will only see a .1% boost this time around due to producing so much shale oil of their own.

Anonymous

Some place in Edmonton are selling regular gas for 79.9 today.

Anonymous

I wouldn't dare fuel up at Costco, so I went to a nearby Husky. It was 78.4/litre. ac_dance

Superchecker

Quote from: "Shen Li"Some place in Edmonton are selling regular gas for 79.9 today.

$1.30 a litre here today....
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"
Quote from: "Shen Li"Some place in Edmonton are selling regular gas for 79.9 today.

$1.30 a litre here today....

Oh that is expensive Superchecker.

ac_huh

Superchecker

We have that extra 17.5 cents a litre to TransLink...
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"We have that extra 17.5 cents a litre to TransLink...

Is it cheaper outside Vancouver Superchecker?

We are going to the Kootenays next weekend.

Bricktop

What goes down, will always go up.

I always chuckle when I drive past a service station where petrol is 5 cents a litre cheaper than elsewhere, and there is a queue a mile long of motorists waiting to fill up.

Average tank size, 60 litres...most are 50 or less.

Queue for 30 minutes to save $3.00. Wow...money is more precious than time.