Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:12:59 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

A

CBC Mocks Alberta And Our Energy Industry

Started by Anonymous, December 11, 2014, 11:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Isn't that cute, the CBC's 22 Minutes of Shame makes a misleading vid with laff tracks giddy that Canada's biggest export is under pressure from OPEC and more specifically Saudi Arabia. I could not imagine the Alberta energy sector making a similar vid of a an old steel plant with their smokestacks as foreign countries continue to undercut our own steel-making industry. This kind of Schadenfruede behaviour is OK if Venezuela fails, but not when our own industry faces a temporary setback due to predatory pricing from foreign theocracies.

Canada's oil and gas industry is the safest, most technologically advanced and most resilient on the planet. We have experienced global slowdowns and price slumps before and always bounced back. In fact, our industry will outlast the wahabbi thug government of SA.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVl0LdLZVU

What's ironic, is Alberta's oil and gas industry paid for this video.

Romero

This Hour Has 22 Minutes mocks everything, including environmentalists and left wingers. It's a comedy show.

Aw, that poor "champion of free speech" Ezra Levant is offended. Maybe he can go to the Human Rights Commission and demand that the show be taken off the air.

Anonymous

^Canada is an energy exporter. People losing their livelihoods is not funny. I don't recall them doing anything so tasteless to Ontario's near-death auto industry experience or the decline of BC's forestry industry. If they made fun of the corrupt sheiks responsible for the predatory pricing that is causing pain to countries like Canada and Norway I would laugh along with you. When my fellow Canadians face potential job losses in yet another good paying industry, it isn't funny....it's in bad taste

Romero

The show was making fun of the oil industry like it has with other industries, but it wasn't making fun of anybody losing their jobs.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"The show was making fun of the oil industry like it has with other industries, but it wasn't making fun of anybody losing their jobs.

Yes, it did. It spoofed about people returning to other provinces because they lost their jobs in Alberta. I did a quick Google search and I could not find a similarly tasteless piece from that show when Ontario's auto industry experienced a near-death experience.

Romero

Anonymous

^Glad you find something so incredibly tasteless so damned cute.

Romero

Have you seen the actual piece that This Hour Has 22 Minutes made?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Have you seen the actual piece that This Hour Has 22 Minutes made?

Yep, stupid, disingenuous, tasteless. I could not imagine the CBC doing something like that to any other province or industry.

Romero

I haven't seen that piece but I've never once been remotely offended by the comedy show.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I haven't seen that piece but I've never once been remotely offended by the comedy show.

In my industry we are less affected by a sudden drop in prices the way the conventional patch is. However, if you drive out to Nisku and ask the boys in those boneyards if they are offended the CBC that they pay for is making fun of their current misfortunes, they just might have a different opinion than you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Isn't that cute, the CBC's 22 Minutes of Shame makes a misleading vid with laff tracks giddy that Canada's biggest export is under pressure from OPEC and more specifically Saudi Arabia. I could not imagine the Alberta energy sector making a similar vid of a an old steel plant with their smokestacks as foreign countries continue to undercut our own steel-making industry. This kind of Schadenfruede behaviour is OK if Venezuela fails, but not when our own industry faces a temporary setback due to predatory pricing from foreign theocracies.

Canada's oil and gas industry is the safest, most technologically advanced and most resilient on the planet. We have experienced global slowdowns and price slumps before and always bounced back. In fact, our industry will outlast the wahabbi thug government of SA.

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVl0LdLZVU

What's ironic, is Alberta's oil and gas industry paid for this video.
I have a Christmas tradition of making a large dinner and taking it to my husband's shop for all his co workers..

This year will be less festive than years past..

My husband knows he will have to lay off some men in the new year..

The ones that are not laid off like my husband will have no wage increase, no bonus and no overtime either..

It's difficult for me to laugh when I see how all of this affects the people close to me.

ac_crying

Obvious Li

rick mercer should be killed on sight...no questions asked...just shoot the motherfucker..... ac_beating

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"rick mercer should be killed on sight...no questions asked...just shoot the motherfucker..... ac_beating

I don't think he is so bad, he most likely sees dropping employment as someone else's problem.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"rick mercer should be killed on sight...no questions asked...just shoot the motherfucker..... ac_beating

I don't think he is so bad, he most likely sees dropping employment as someone else's problem.

no sweetpea...he is a typical newfie loser.....has alberta envy disorder.....it affexts pretty much everybody east of brandon......xoxoxoxoxo