The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Obama hails 'new chapter' in US-Cuba ties

Started by Romero, December 18, 2014, 03:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

cc

Everything in the Islamic texts (Allah's orders, not just instructions) is clearly against Western liberalism and Democracy

islam & democracy are totally incompatible  - that is what multicult has placed in our midst - an ideology totally incompatible with our democratic ideology

Seems maybe Egypt is the only true exception re: democracy. Then, Egyptians have more going for them than all the others. They literally threw out O'traitors islamist plants and hate him with a passion for his trying to keep islamists in place
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Everything in the Islamic texts (Allah's orders, not just instructions) is clearly against Western liberalism and Democracy

islam & democracy are totally incompatible - that is what multicult has placed in our midst - an ideology totally incompatible with out democratic ideology

Islam is incompatible with nations that value human rights. It is also incompatible with communism. This is why no Islamist nation that I am aware of ever adopted that alien ideology.

cc

There are NO human rights in Islamic texts / orders .. not rights we would consider human rights.  You are right that Islamic rights are incompatible with what we consider basic human rights

islam is incompatible with Western human rights & with true democracy ... so .... why are islamics here?  ac_rollseyes

WHY?

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"There are NO human rights in Islamic texts / orders .. not rights we would consider human rights.  You are right that Islamic rights are incompatible with what we consider basic human rights

islam is incompatible with Western human rights & with true democracy ... so .... why are islamics here?  ac_rollseyes

WHY?

To make our countries as fucked up as the backward 8th century shitholes they came from. Anybody that thinks Islam will adopt Western liberalism is either on drugs or lying. Islam we must adopt their ideology not the other way around. If we don't we die.

cc

I know you meant "Islam we must adApt". islamics will fake it until #s increase ... they are ok to go with faking or lying when it serves islam in the long run  ... then when #s increase, all the quiet minions follow the then islamist self-proclaimed leaders .... but actually change their inner core belief? Not even after hell freezes over ... they know allah would punish them

Back to topic - Congress will kill O'bamba's idea .... He managed to kill decades of Cuban and Egyptian people's love for the US .... irreparable damage ... then ... that's his intention

Romero

Quote from: "cc li tarte"
Quote from: "Romero"Hmm. I thought you'd be against the US being friends and allies with those countries.

Yet another dodge from what was on the table.

I sure don't need you trying to think for me, but anyhow ... I do not recall saying that I approved of the US being friends or allies with any countries.

Which brings up the question - Exactly WHAT countries do you think I approve of the US being friends or allies with?

I don't know which countries you approve of the US being friends or allies with!

Well, I don't think the US or Canada should be friends and allies with the regimes in Saudi Arabia and Egypt. They oppress their people terribly. We should be sanctioning them until they're better with human rights.

Cuba's not nearly as bad though. I think we can make some progress there. Canada has maintained relations with Cuba and has been a good influence. Nice work with Harper setting it up.

Romero

Quote President Obama's decision on Wednesday to radically shift United States policy toward Cuba is the latest and most striking example of a president unleashed from the hesitancy that characterized much of his first six years in office.

The announcement, made in a speech to the nation from the Cabinet Room of the White House, follows similar decisions by Mr. Obama in recent weeks to defy Republicans on immigration, climate change policy, the regulation of the Internet and negotiations with Iran.

"He's going down a checklist of thorny, longstanding problems, and he's doing whatever he can to tackle them," said David Axelrod, a former senior adviser. "These are things that have been tearing at us for decades and generations."

On Wednesday, Mr. Obama finally made good on his pledge. "When I came into office, I promised to re-examine our Cuba policy," the president said. "I do not believe we can keep doing the same thing for over five decades and expect a different result."

Mr. Obama's unilateral action on Cuba is part of a pattern that will define the end of his presidency. Frustrated by congressional inaction and Republican efforts to block legislation, the president has increasingly pushed the limits of his executive authority in domestic and international policy making — an approach that anticipates, and largely dismisses, angry responses from his critics.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/us/politics/cuba-action-is-obamas-latest-step-away-from-a-cautious-approach.html?google_editors_picks=true&_r=0">//http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/18/us/politics/cuba-action-is-obamas-latest-step-away-from-a-cautious-approach.html?google_editors_picks=true&_r=0

cc

EDIT - OH FUCK - slipped in another whacy wefty cut / paste

Anyhow, Congress will kill that crap

Egypt? You are kidding, right?

What is your problem with a  democratic country ..... especially one that threw out Osama's  Muslim Brotherhood ... and then had an election.

Romero

Obama's no fan of the Muslim Brotherhood. The US very much welcomed them losing power. In fact, they helped.

Egypt is still mainly controlled by the military. Protesters are being rounded up and jailed. Hundreds have been sentenced to death.

al-Sisi may have been elected, but it doesn't have to stop us from doing the right thing. We're allowed to criticize any country if it's doing wrong.

Obama and the US has resumed military aid to Egypt. There shouldn't be any military aid. We both know what it's really going to be used for.

cc

Two words - Freely elected

The new govt' banned and is killing Osama's MB terrorists as we speak - strength and integrity

QuoteWe both know what it's really going to be used for.
WTF are you inferring?

Romero

The Egyptian military has been oppressing protesting civilians. All of the tear gas and weapons are stamped with "Made in the USA".

cc

They are oppressing & killing O(s)bama's old Brotherhood terror friends - exactly what the people elected him to do

That is a problem for you?

Calling killers and killer's supporters "protesting civilians" is disingenuous .... and worse

Romero

They have been mainly civilians as far as I know.

The Egyptian military is oppressing and killing Obama's Brotherhood friends?

QuoteThe US has revealed it has released $575m in military aid to Egypt that had been frozen since the ousting of President Mohammed Morsi last year.

The news came as Secretary of State John Kerry visited Cairo just two weeks after former army chief Abdul Fattah al-Sisi was sworn in as president.

Mr Sisi won May elections, vowing to tackle "terrorism" and bring security.

He has since been pursuing a crackdown on Mr Morsi's Muslim Brotherhood, which urged a boycott of the 26-28 May elections.

The US also promised it would provide 10 Apache attack helicopters for use by the army against militants in the Sinai peninsula.

"The Apaches will come and they will come very, very soon," John Kerry said at joint news conference with his Egyptian counterpart.

Egypt remains a strategic ally for Washington, and Mr Kerry's visit so soon after Mr Sisi's inauguration shows the US is still keen to engage actively and early on with the new president in the hope it will make a difference.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27961933">//http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-27961933

Sounds to me like Obama and the US are more than friendly with Egyptian military and against the Brotherhood.

cc

Recently O'islamist finally got with the program . Even though his heart (if he has one) was with the islamists he no longer and save face ... but try he sure did for a long time - thank allah for El SiSi who made O change his evil course

Previously O  supported the brotherhood doggedly - If you were worth it I would look up some slightly less recent articles by El SiSi  and of the people who hated Osama supporting the MB .. but you know that was the case  anyhow

Again. Egypt is the best of the 57. ..... hmmm .... You have me thinking now. Knowing that  all the others are far worse, why would any thinking person viewing the reality of it all support islam or it's minions? ... obviously a failed ideology .... answer - they would not / could not

Anonymous

Relations with communist states like Cuba or Vietnam are sensible. Relations with China are an absolute necessity. Relations with Islamo-OPEC states like Saudi Arabia? FUCK NO!! acc_angry

Quickly build a network of pipelines to all coasts of Canada and ramp up heavy oil production in Canada, shale oil in the US/Australia as well as offshore Brazil. Secure long-term supply contracts with Asia and Europe and then introduce economic sanctions on those cocksucking Saudi scumbags. They want to get into a pricing war with us? Let's fucking fucking cut off their demand as quickly as they would cut off our heads if given a chance.