News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7502
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 12:54:36 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

Not getting along with people I've known for years.

Started by Anonymous, December 29, 2014, 07:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I have been attending a Friday and Saturday night AA meeting for almost 3 years, and I have been attending a Sunday night meeting for 3 1/2 years.

Dec 21 I was gonna go to the Sunday night meeting, but I got there early, and I chatted with another member.  We ended up talking about our financial situations, and I mentioned I'm on disability.  He then made a bunch of snide comments about how my jacket is supposedly dirty, and how no one else said anything about it because supposedly they think I'm not capable of washing it.  I stuck my middle finger at him and called him a cunt and went home.  I later apologized to him on Christmas Eve, but there's other people I'm not getting along with at the Sunday night meeting.

Dec 26 I was gonna go to the Friday night meeting, and I told the person in charge of the group that I have just over one month of sobriety, which one has to have in order to be the chairperson for one meeting.  I offered to be the chairperson of the Dec 26 meeting, but the person in charge of the group made it clear he didn't trust me because I have a history of getting 1, 2, or 3 months of sobriety then relapsing.  I told him he couldn't prevent me from being chairperson because no one person owns the group or dictates to everyone else how things are gonna be.  He made it clear he was going to bully everyone else in the meeting to help him prevent me from being chairperson, so I threw my coffee on him and stormed out.

I think it's time for me to cut ties with those who are trying to push me around, and find some new meetings to go to.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RDL"I have been attending a Friday and Saturday night AA meeting for almost 3 years, and I have been attending a Sunday night meeting for 3 1/2 years.

Dec 21 I was gonna go to the Sunday night meeting, but I got there early, and I chatted with another member.  We ended up talking about our financial situations, and I mentioned I'm on disability.  He then made a bunch of snide comments about how my jacket is supposedly dirty, and how no one else said anything about it because supposedly they think I'm not capable of washing it.  I stuck my middle finger at him and called him a cunt and went home.  I later apologized to him on Christmas Eve, but there's other people I'm not getting along with at the Sunday night meeting.

Dec 26 I was gonna go to the Friday night meeting, and I told the person in charge of the group that I have just over one month of sobriety, which one has to have in order to be the chairperson for one meeting.  I offered to be the chairperson of the Dec 26 meeting, but the person in charge of the group made it clear he didn't trust me because I have a history of getting 1, 2, or 3 months of sobriety then relapsing.  I told him he couldn't prevent me from being chairperson because no one person owns the group or dictates to everyone else how things are gonna be.  He made it clear he was going to bully everyone else in the meeting to help him prevent me from being chairperson, so I threw my coffee on him and stormed out.

I think it's time for me to cut ties with those who are trying to push me around, and find some new meetings to go to.

You should go where you are most comfortable RDL.