Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

When to put her down

Started by Annie, December 30, 2014, 01:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frost

I like the Chinese New year also, it should be everyone's new year in my view.

Sorry Annie for getting off subject in here.

I have been thinking about your family going through this all day, and the aircraft that crashed three days ago.

the families are so hurt.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I like the Chinese New year also, it should be everyone's new year in my view.

Sorry Annie for getting off subject in here.

I have been thinking about your family going through this all day, and the aircraft that crashed three days ago.

the families are so hurt.

I'm also a way off topic here Frosty, but that was more bad news the Malaysian airline industry does not need.

Frost

I saw the families this morning waiting for word on the news, and when they got it they just broke down :(

I tear up seeing that, I know the pain very well.

Annie has a decision to make, I hope she has the strength to do what needs to be done if it does need done.

It can rip your heart out, sometimes a friend helping is a good thing.

I offered two nights ago to take a friends cat in, the lady cant let go though, and the cat is suffering.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I saw the families this morning waiting for word on the news, and when they got it they just broke down :(

I tear up seeing that, I know the pain very well.

Annie has a decision to make, I hope she has the strength to do what needs to be done if it does need done.

It can rip your heart out, sometimes a friend helping is a good thing.

I offered two nights ago to take a friends cat in, the lady cant let go though, and the cat is suffering.

I would miss my bunny, but I do not have the same attachment that Annie does to the cat her family has had for 18 frickin years!!

Frost

I get really attached myself, it about killed me seeing my dog die.

He was 17 years old, and always a good gentle friend.

I looked out the door for him for weeks when I got off work, it's a family member after all.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I get really attached myself, it about killed me seeing my dog die.

He was 17 years old, and always a good gentle friend.

I looked out the door for him for weeks when I got off work, it's a family member after all.

My ex's father had to shoot his dog. He was old and blind(the dog I mean) and could barely walk. Still, he had a hard time doing it.

Frost

Mine was dying in my arms one rainy night, having a heart attack I believe, and he died soon as i got my gun.

I was saved from doing that, but feel bad he had to suffer so.

It was a hard time, and it came on sudden like, but lasted a few hours.

Annie

I'm wondering too if we take her to the vet to be put down, they will not only charge us for the visit but insist on doing a ton of tests to prove that she should be put down. I'm really not looking forward to this costing us hundreds of dollars.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I'm wondering too if we take her to the vet to be put down, they will not only charge us for the visit but insist on doing a ton of tests to prove that she should be put down. I'm really not looking forward to this costing us hundreds of dollars.

That is unfortunately a risk you take Annie when you take your kitty to the vet..

I do not want to tell you what to do, but if it were my husband and I, if we went to the vet, we would already have made up our minds about what to do with our terminally ill kitty.

Annie

But she's not terminal or in any pain, she just can't stop peeing on everything.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"But she's not terminal or in any pain, she just can't stop peeing on everything.

Terminal was too strong a word, she is getting old and has physical problems.

Annie

Yep, physical problems but they could turn into something worse I'm thinking too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Yep, physical problems but they could turn into something worse I'm thinking too.

Especially with the age of your kitty..

You could spend a lot of money and a month or two it may be some new disease.

Annie

Yep, we're gonna give her another 12 days and then decide. There's a place in vancouver that cremates pets for a reasonable price so we might do that have a little ceremony in the woods and release her there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Yep, we're gonna give her another 12 days and then decide. There's a place in vancouver that cremates pets for a reasonable price so we might do that have a little ceremony in the woods and release her there.

I know it is not my kitty, but I cannot see her getting any better at her age..

Her health will continue to decline.