Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

600 lb. life.....

Started by Obvious Li, January 03, 2015, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

so it was too cold for me to go outside, and being lazy to boot i watched the My 600lb. life marathon today (four or five episodes anyway)...never knew there were that many whales out there...but it seems the supply is endless...a lot of them are up to 1000 lbs.....mother of god...what  a chore to get it back under control.....no addiction worse than food,,,cocaine, crack, cigarettes, alcohol...peanuts compared to food........hats off to the biggest losers...there is no easy solution..... comments     ac_dunno ac_drinks  ac_dance  acc_devil

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"so it was too cold for me to go outside, and being lazy to boot i watched the My 600lb. life marathon today (four or five episodes anyway)...never knew there were that many whales out there...but it seems the supply is endless...a lot of them are up to 1000 lbs.....mother of god...what  a chore to get it back under control.....no addiction worse than food,,,cocaine, crack, cigarettes, alcohol...peanuts compared to food........hats off to the biggest losers...there is no easy solution..... comments     ac_dunno ac_drinks  ac_dance  acc_devil

It's cold in Calgary today too Obvious Li..

I find that show too sad to watch..

It's suicide at a slow pace.

jaysings

It is really cold outside, seriously. Mucus in my nose streaming indoor got frozen after I took a minute of walking outside.

Anonymous

Quote from: "jaysings"It is really cold outside, seriously. Mucus in my nose streaming indoor got frozen after I took a minute of walking outside.

That is very cold jaysings.

Renee

Quote from: "Obvious Li"so it was too cold for me to go outside, and being lazy to boot i watched the My 600lb. life marathon today (four or five episodes anyway)...never knew there were that many whales out there...but it seems the supply is endless...a lot of them are up to 1000 lbs.....mother of god...what  a chore to get it back under control.....no addiction worse than food,,,cocaine, crack, cigarettes, alcohol...peanuts compared to food........hats off to the biggest losers...there is no easy solution..... comments     ac_dunno ac_drinks  ac_dance  acc_devil

You are right, there is no easy solution. Speaking from experience, there is nothing more difficult to rid yourself of than an addiction to food. Unlike alcohol or drugs you cannot live without food, it is always there, it surrounds you and the temptations and cravings are inescapable.

BTW, please don't call these people "whales", I find it very offensive. Most people who reach an extreme size are victims of their particular genetic circumstance coupled with destructive learned behaviors that go back to early childhood. In many ways these people simply cannot help themselves because they do not have the tools or the support system to stop themselves from self-destructing. Unless you have been in that kind of situation you really have no idea what it is like. Very few people in this world want to actually become that size or enjoy being that way but without the proper help or psychological motivation the vicious cycle of overeating is extremely difficult to break. This is especially true when you are surrounded by enablers as many of these people are. They may appear to be lazy slobs to people like you but most of them are simply people that need either emotional or medical help and support.  

Thank you for your understanding in this.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I think these reality shows that showcase the mental illnesses of people are sick.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"I think these reality shows that showcase the mental illnesses of people are sick.

I agree, it amounts to the exploitation of people who are at their most vulnerable all for the sake money and ratings.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there willing to be entertained in this fashion. I generally think of these shows as the new era in sideshow entertainment. They are like any kind of disaster you see in life; people simply cannot restrain their curiosity and the producers of shows like "My 600lb Life" take full advantage of this.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I think these reality shows that showcase the mental illnesses of people are sick.

True, but there has to be a market for this kind of sick shit. The Bum Fights series for example are another example of that. I say

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Renee"

I agree, it amounts to the exploitation of people who are at their most vulnerable all for the sake money and ratings.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people out there willing to be entertained in this fashion. I generally think of these shows as the new era in sideshow entertainment. They are like any kind of disaster you see in life; people simply cannot restrain their curiosity and the producers of shows like "My 600lb Life" take full advantage of this.

ok..point taken about the "whales" comment....in the future i will restrain myself from using such derogatorily terms when describing beyond plus sized people.....however some level of personal responsibility must be apportioned to someone who consumes 8000 calories at a sitting and then bemoans the fact they are obese.....just sayin

Hmmm..... regarding the crop of reality shows that currently overwhelm the television dial...not sure what i think...most of them are extremely stupid, silly and by and large obviously staged...some i watch regularly and enjoy ( life below zero, gold rush etc)......certainly even the worst ones are no less distasteful than someone watching oprah, maury, dr. oz, dr. phil, shopping channel and dozens of other programs...in any case they must have an audience cause there are getting to be more and more of them.... ac_dunno

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

ok..point taken about the "whales" comment....in the future i will restrain myself from using such derogatorily terms when describing beyond plus sized people.....however some level of personal responsibility must be apportioned to someone who consumes 8000 calories at a sitting and then bemoans the fact they are obese.....just sayin

Hmmm..... regarding the crop of reality shows that currently overwhelm the television dial...not sure what i think...most of them are extremely stupid, silly and by and large obviously staged...some i watch regularly and enjoy ( life below zero, gold rush etc)......certainly even the worst ones are no less distasteful than someone watching oprah, maury, dr. oz, dr. phil, shopping channel and dozens of other programs...in any case they must have an audience cause there are getting to be more and more of them.... ac_dunno

The absolute worst reality shows are the ones with washed up, drug addicted, pathetic celebutards desparately trying to get back into the spotlight. They make me fucking puke. acc_brix

Renee

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

Yes, personal responsibility plays a part but what are these people supposed to do when they don't have the emotional or psychological ability to tap into the strength needed to muster a strong enough sense of personal responsibility. And as I stated before, when you have enablers surrounding you 24/7 it becomes a hopeless situation without some kind of intervention. No one really wants to end up that size but it happens and for many people, it happens all too easily. For most of these people food has become the crutch they turn to for all their emotional needs and wants. The more they eat, the bigger they get and the bigger they get the more upset they become, so they eat more and the circle goes round and round until they either die or take the steps need to get help.

What many people don't understand is that taking the steps needed to save themselves is filled with fear and self-loathing. Becoming that kind of obese doesn't happen overnight. Chances are you started out fat in childhood or adolescence and growing up in that kind of situation saddles you with all kinds of detrimental emotional baggage (especially for young girls). So by the time you reach adulthood you are probably so beaten down emotionally that your sense of self-worth is basically zero. So the idea that you are worth saving is almost incomprehensible to you. You may seem fine emotionally to people around you (you learn to cover it well) but inside you are in a state of emotional collapse. Most people can never appreciate the kind of emotional and psychological pain severely obese people live with on a daily basis and for most of them their only means of stopping that pain is to eat.  ac_crying

Anonymous

^No offense Renee, but this sounds like the kind of excuses old evs would give if she was trying to get money out of taxpayers for fat camps, appetite suppressants or some shit like that. Fortuntely, she thinks they are immoral and prolly won't be trying to empty our purses.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"^No offense Renee, but this sounds like the kind of excuses old evs would give if she was trying to get money out of taxpayers for fat camps, appetite suppressants or some shit like that. Fortuntely, she thinks they are immoral and prolly won't be trying to empty our purses.[/quote

It's not an "excuse". It's an emotional, psychological and even spiritual reality for most of these people.

For most people facing challenges that big; it seems insurmountable unless you have some kind of help. It's a very rare case when someone is that far gone and can change themselves for the better without some kind of major motivating factor and a strong support system. But that being said, the ability to change has to ultimately come from within but first that ability has to be discovered, nurtured and strengthened.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"It's not an "excuse". It's an emotional, psychological and even spiritual reality for most of these people.

For most people facing challenges that big; it seems insurmountable unless you have some kind of help. It's a very rare case when someone is that far gone and can change themselves for the better without some kind of major motivating factor and a strong support system. But that being said, the ability to change has to ultimately come from within but first that ability has to be discovered, nurtured and strengthened.

I just wince when I hear people talk like this. The next step is inevitably bucket loads more taxpayer $$ to hire an army of unionized snivel serpents with their defined benefit pension plans to deal with this "health crisis". I have no doubt this NOT what you had in mind, but for people with an agenda, they would use similar language. Just sayin!!

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"It's not an "excuse". It's an emotional, psychological and even spiritual reality for most of these people.

I just wince when I hear people talk like this. The next step is inevitably bucket loads more taxpayer $$ to hire an army of unionized snivel serpents with their defined benefit pension plans to deal with this "health crisis". I have no doubt this NOT what you had in mind, but for people with an agenda, they would use similar language. Just sayin!!

Unfortunately there is always going to be people who through their agenda will look for opportunities to take advantage of societies good will. But it doesn't change the fact that for various reasons some people need help improving their lives.

Personally I really have no problem giving some help (taxpayer or otherwise) to desperate people who are actively wanting to take steps to improve their life situation. This goes beyond the obesity issue. There are a lot of people out there in a bad way who truly want to improve themselves but do not have the means or know how to do so all by themselves.

These people are in stark contrasted to the cling-ons and leeches that have been gaming the system with no intention of improving themselves. In some cases that kind of behavior has been going down for generations and it's long past time it was stopped.