Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Guaranteed income....

Started by Obvious Li, January 07, 2015, 05:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Guaranteed Income, we have it, it's called Welfare. Look how good it's done us, lazy good for nothings taking it for life, and them passing the life along to their kids.

The people who need it, is the people trying to make a living, and better themselves, not lazy people living off the system.

Better education is the key, better family pushing their kids some to better themselves.

No, welfare is not universal and nothing like a guaranteed income. However, a GI could have the same negative effects that welfare produces, at least with some people anyway.

Frost

Just saying it works much the same way Shen, it's counter productive in the end making a lot of bums leaching off the system.

I'm all for helping someone out even with the tax money, but make them make a darn good effort.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Just saying it works much the same way Shen, it's counter productive in the end making a lot of bums leaching off the system.

I'm all for helping someone out even with the tax money, but make them make a darn good effort.

The idea behind GI is that it would act as a replacement for other social services. This would greatly reduce the size of the snivel service with all their unsustainable defined benefit pension plans. Singapore does something similar to that and is able to get better results at a lower cost than Canada. However, like OL and I were saying, there are too many interests who oppose it in Canada. It will never ever happen in Canada or the USA.

Frost

If it would cut the snivel service maybe it's not all bad, hum. lol

You could cut more by putting those on it to work cleaning up around town, and making them earn some of it.

Gotta go, good seeing you  ac_flower

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"If it would cut the snivel service maybe it's not all bad, hum. lol

You could cut more by putting those on it to work cleaning up around town, and making them earn some of it.

Gotta go, good seeing you  ac_flower

It doesn't matter anyway, because it will never happen on this continent.

Always a pleasure handsome. ac_wub

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Guaranteed Income, we have it, it's called Welfare. Look how good it's done us, lazy good for nothings taking it for life, and them passing the life along to their kids.

The people who need it, is the people trying to make a living, and better themselves, not lazy people living off the system.

Better education is the key, better family pushing their kids some to better themselves.

The way Obvious Li and Shen Li explained it, I thought this would replace welfare..

I don't know Blue, I don't anything about Guaranteed Income.

ac_blush