News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Religious Fundamentalism Mental Illness??

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2015, 01:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Actually Mushy peas if made correctly is not bad.

As far as Traditional Brit food goes I like, Fish and Chips, Shepard's pie, Bangers and Mash and Bubble and Squeak. Steak and Kidney Pie isn't bad either as long as to don't eat the kindly part......Gross. Of course like all food if the cook is bad so is the food.  ac_unsure

But then again I'll eat just about anything that isn't nailed down and I'll try just about anything.....once. So I may not be the best one to give an opinion of British food.  ac_toofunny

Big YUCK to all that crap. Even their famous fish and chips is gross. The only European cuisines I like are Italian and Greek. I didn't start getting into Greek until later, but I have really developed a taste for it.

We have a lot of people of Ukrainian origin around here and the food is everywhere. I think it's overrated though.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"Actually Mushy peas if made correctly is not bad.

As far as Traditional Brit food goes I like, Fish and Chips, Shepard's pie, Bangers and Mash and Bubble and Squeak. Steak and Kidney Pie isn't bad either as long as to don't eat the kindly part......Gross. Of course like all food if the cook is bad so is the food.  ac_unsure

But then again I'll eat just about anything that isn't nailed down and I'll try just about anything.....once. So I may not be the best one to give an opinion of British food.  ac_toofunny

Big YUCK to all that crap. Even their famous fish and chips is gross. The only European cuisines I like are Italian and Greek. I didn't start getting into Greek until later, but I have really developed a taste for it.

We have a lot of people of Ukrainian origin around here and the food is everywhere. I think it's overrated though.

I also like German food which a lot of people don't like, especially the deserts.  ac_dance

As bad as British food may seem to you it's delicious compared to what the Scots and the Irish eat. Haggis and potted noddles; pig trotters, tripe and boiled potatos.....Blech!!!!!

If I won't eat it, you know it's got to be bad. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
I also like German food which a lot of people don't like, especially the deserts.  ac_dance

As bad as British food may seem to you it's delicious compared to what the Scots and the Irish eat. Haggis and potted noddles; pig trotters, tripe and boiled potatos.....Blech!!!!!

One thing I remember about Dublin was this kind of small, but very dense bread. They usually put marmalade on it. Almost like a dessert to me. One piece is more than enough though as it's heavy and the marmalade is pure sugar. I wish I could remember the name of that bread. ac_umm

Hey, saw the Wambo imitation on VF...pretty damned funny. ac_toofunny

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

One thing I remember about Dublin was this kind of small, but very dense bread. They usually put marmalade on it. Almost like a dessert to me. One piece is more than enough though as it's heavy and the marmalade is pure sugar. I wish I could remember the name of that bread. ac_umm

Hey, saw the Wambo imitation on VF...pretty damned funny. ac_toofunny

I couldn't resist. ac_biggrin

You are probably referring to Irish brown bread. It has no yeast in it so it tends to be real dense and heavy like a brick.

Traditional ethnic Irish food is peasant food. It needed to be stretched far and be extremely filling. It's made up of scraps of God knows what and it sits in your gut like lead. As they say; when the Irish slaughter a pig, they use everything but the grunt. Most times you don't really want to know what you are eating.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

You are probably referring to Irish brown bread. It has no yeast in it so it tends to be real dense and heavy like a brick.

Traditional ethnic Irish food is peasant food. It needed to be stretched far and be extremely filling. It's made up of scraps of God knows what and it sits in your gut like lead. As they say; when the Irish slaughter a pig, they use everything but the grunt. Most times you don't really want to know what you are eating.

I didn't find a great deal of diff between meals in Ireland and England. However, English breakfasts use brown beans more often than on the Emerald Isle. A full Irish breakfast is fucking heavy. You don't want to do anything after one of them.

Lance Leftardashian

Do you also pick on radical amish extremists too ?
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"Do you also pick on radical amish extremists too ?

Weird Al had a video that made of Amish Lance.