The best topic

Replies: 10483
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:40:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Flynn

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 12 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blazor"Done got late, grilled some burgers lol.

My husband likes barbequed burgers.

:laugh:

Does he put BBQ sauce on it lol?

Sometimes sauce, sometimes just cheddar or Swiss cheese..

Either way, we call it barbequed burgers.

Grillin'!  ac_razz

Its a region thing lol, I get it. We're both right  ac_drinks

I think Canadians are more right though.

Lets check with google!!!

This from Southern Living....

Barbecue and grilling, two different things. Barbecue is cooking long, low, and slow. Grilling is hot and fast. With barbecue, traditionally, you have meats such as ribs, pork shoulder, brisket. They have to cook a very long time to tenderize, at a very low temperature. Grilling, on the other hand, is cooking pieces of meat hot and fast, like boneless breast of chicken, your hamburgers, your steaks, and your seafood. That is grilling, not barbeque.

and this from a Canadian site...

"When you barbecue you are cooking with a slow circumvented unit of hot air with the lid closed. Grilling is done with the lid up and you're cooking with direct heat on the bottom, instead of all around the source.

"You grill a steak and you barbecue a pork butt."

ac_razz

I've never heard anyone here say grilling before..

They probably think that is something done inside the house.

Blazor

I've never heard anyone here say grilling before..

I would never grill INSIDE the house! lolol

Maybe since its so cold up there, y'all have to Barbecue, since the lid has to be closed and takes longer to cook it lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I've never heard anyone here say grilling before.

Despite Blazor's Google search, it's not a word Canadians, especially in the Western part of the country would say. Lid open, lid closed, high heat, low heat, doesn't matter. You use the the old cue, you are doing bbq.

I lived in Pennsylvania, so I understand Blazor too.

Blazor

Thats not too far from me! But still a part of.... the North, lol.

Anonymous

Thats not too far from me! But still a part of.... the North, lol.

I know where you live. Been through there.

Blazor

I know where you live. Been through there.

ac_drinks

Anonymous

We're having bbq pork marinated tenderloin with pineapple rings, peanut cole slaw, and zucchini, squash and corn casserole.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"We're having bbq pork marinated tenderloin with pineapple rings, peanut cole slaw, and zucchini, squash and corn casserole.

That sounds awesome! I'd ask for an invite if I was closer lol.

Curious though, peanut slaw? I had never heard of it.

kiebers

Doing a pork roast on the pit today. Used mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, and brown sugar to marinate. Should be good.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"Doing a pork roast on the pit today. Used mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, and brown sugar to marinate. Should be good.

Should be delicious.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Fashionista"I've never heard anyone here say grilling before..

Usually when you hear "Grilling Time" in Canada, one will assume that some grilled cheese sandwiched are about to be prepared on the oven, in a fry pan.

Then again, once in a while you'll hear "fire up the grill," which only has one meaning, and that's to light up the Barbecue!

kiebers

Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "kiebers"Doing a pork roast on the pit today. Used mustard, salt, pepper, garlic, and brown sugar to marinate. Should be good.

Should be delicious.

It was...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"

Should be delicious.

It was...LOL

I'm going to do some smokies on the pit tomorrow. Mustard and plenty of barrel wash.

Berry Sweet

I'm prepping my mushroom caps tonight...shrimp with cream cheese and garlic some parsley...musbrooms will be precooked in white wine...i have to go to the store right now...and then topped off with moosareela!!  Nom nom

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I'm prepping my mushroom caps tonight...shrimp with cream cheese and garlic some parsley...musbrooms will be precooked in white wine...i have to go to the store right now...and then topped off with moosareela!!  Nom nom

Happy mom's day Berry. Happy mom's day to Fash, cc, the iron chink and her mom too. Mandy, if you are a mom, same applies. :XIe76hJ: