The best topic

Replies: 10487
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 01:28:03 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 9 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Speaking of dads, my son sent me a text saying he might be moving back in. Told him there would be some rule changes and $100 a month rent  :laugh:

Had S&M last weekend for our 34th anniversary. I had blackened Mahi Mahi with shrimp sauce, on top of shrimp fried rice. She had grilled shrimp and scallops over the same rice. Had some fried green tomatoes topped with crab, mozzarella, and parmesan as an appetizer. Best thing about the fried green tomatoes is they were actually fresh and not frozen. We have a couple of higher end places around here that use frozen breaded tomatoes.

Good luck with the son and you should make it $200 a month. Been there doing that and got the t-shirts...LOL

I've got the t-shirt also...2 of them... I second the upcharge and encourage rule changes that are even a bit assholish.   :oeudC:

kiebers

Left over spaghetti tonite.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Peaches"
Quote from: "Blazor"

Speaking of dads, my son sent me a text saying he might be moving back in. Told him there would be some rule changes and $100 a month rent  :laugh:

Had S&M last weekend for our 34th anniversary. I had blackened Mahi Mahi with shrimp sauce, on top of shrimp fried rice. She had grilled shrimp and scallops over the same rice. Had some fried green tomatoes topped with crab, mozzarella, and parmesan as an appetizer. Best thing about the fried green tomatoes is they were actually fresh and not frozen. We have a couple of higher end places around here that use frozen breaded tomatoes.

Good luck with the son and you should make it $200 a month. Been there doing that and got the t-shirts...LOL

I've got the t-shirt also...2 of them... I second the upcharge and encourage rule changes that are even a bit assholish.   :oeudC:

I would prefer my children stay at home until they are truly ready to leave the nest..

There are less likely to move back home as adults that way.

Berry Sweet

Tonight is left over homemade Mac n cheese, sushi from yesterday and some sliced steak my mommy gave me.  And I bought these mini cooler samplers.

Anonymous

Went out with friends tonight to a new Japanese place in town.  Teriyaki salmon, bento box.  Very good eats for around here, very generous portions.  I'll be having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Blazor

Oh man that sounds SOOOOO good!!! I've never had mahi mahi, but heard it was real good. And fried green tomatoes!!! Love those! Have you ever grilled 'em? I like that even more than fried. No breading on the grill though, I just brush 'em with olive oil and some garlic salt.

Thanks man lol, he hasnt said much since I told him about the rule changes (TBD) and the rent. Honestly I thought about 200 at first, but I know hes paying out a lot on bills already. I took him off my insurance this past winter, which doubled his payment to 200. He got a another ticket, and I said he was off lol. Also paying on a car, phone and credit card. I figured if I made it a lil cheaper on him, it might help him get his own place sooner. Tried telling him him and a few friends THAT WORK should go in on renting a house. That it would be a start.

Quote from: "Peaches"

Believe me, he wont like the rule changes. They are gonna be a lil bit assholish lol. They will help encourage him to move out again if he does decide to move in here after hearing the rules lol.

I might split the difference based on what y'all saying, and do $150, we see lol. Right now its still up in the air if he is.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I forgot, you have an adult son Blazor.

ac_blush

I forget sometimes too  :laugh:  

joking lol

Quote from: "Fashionista"
I would prefer my children stay at home until they are truly ready to leave the nest..

There are less likely to move back home as adults that way.

He wouldnt listen, thinks he knows everything. Figured he'll learn one way or another lol.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "Peaches"Went out with friends tonight to a new Japanese place in town.  Teriyaki salmon, bento box.  Very good eats for around here, very generous portions.  I'll be having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Around here there are some truly authentic Japanese restaurants, but often many 'Japanese' restaurants are actually owned and operated by Chinese, which in this case can raise the issue of authenticity...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "Peaches"Went out with friends tonight to a new Japanese place in town.  Teriyaki salmon, bento box.  Very good eats for around here, very generous portions.  I'll be having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Around here there are some truly authentic Japanese restaurants, but often many 'Japanese' restaurants are actually owned and operated by Chinese, which in this case can raise the issue of authenticity...

Well, there's that.  The best Chinese joint in town is owned and operated by a Laotian.

Angry White Male

I don't think running a Chinese restaurant is a bad gig...  The ingredients necessary cannot cost must from a wholesaler...  Noodles and rice are cheap.  The markup and profit margins must be pretty decent.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I don't think running a Chinese restaurant is a bad gig...  The ingredients necessary cannot cost must from a wholesaler...  Noodles and rice are cheap.  The markup and profit margins must be pretty decent.

You could say that about any restaurant that sells bread, buns and canola oil.

Odinson

Quote from: "Angry White Male"I don't think running a Chinese restaurant is a bad gig...  The ingredients necessary cannot cost must from a wholesaler...  Noodles and rice are cheap.  The markup and profit margins must be pretty decent.

I always starve myself before going to a chinese restaurant lunch buffet..

Keeping the Kung Pow chicken and chinese ox-wok trays steadily empty.

10 bucks per customer..

If all were like me, the business would go under.

Anonymous

Pork, beef, chicken and fresh vegetables are not cheap.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"Pork, beef, chicken and fresh vegetables are not cheap.

I can guarantee the average Chinese restaurant does NOT use fresh vegetables.

And meat and poultry may not be dirt cheap, but really they're just throwing a few small chunks of questionable quality meat and poultry in there...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "seoulbro"Pork, beef, chicken and fresh vegetables are not cheap.

I can guarantee the average Chinese restaurant does NOT use fresh vegetables.

And meat and poultry may not be dirt cheap, but really they're just throwing a few small chunks of questionable quality meat and poultry in there...

Fresh is the only way we eat.

White food is fucking cheap. All artificial ingredients nobody can spell and never seen a farm.