The best topic

Replies: 10492
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 29, 2024, 06:18:09 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

I ate maybe 3-4 ribs...could never eat a rack.. the kid loves meat on weekends.  Tomorrow is salmon  and corn on the cob...

Chuck Bronson

I'm glad you came back to your senses...  Human body requires more intake than just lettuce and kale.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I ate maybe 3-4 ribs...could never eat a rack.. the kid loves meat on weekends.  Tomorrow is salmon  and corn on the cob...

Enjoy Berry.

ac_smile

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Fash, what would you say to someone who will ask you this question:

Why do you eat meat? They are slaughtered inhumanely. How do you feel about the fact you are eating the meat of an animal that was brutally slaughtered?

I'm just curious what your answer will be, Fash. I am not a vegan. I eat meat as well.

I don't really have a ready to deliver answer Azhya..

Most of the meat in our house comes from Costco, Safeway and Save On Foods..

I would have to know where they buy their poultry, pork and beef from..

Occasionally, we get free range meat, and in fact I just did a bison roast in the slow cooker..

The farmer raises them humanely, but I don't know how they are slaughtered..

And then once in a rare while we'll get venison, elk or even moose given to us..

I know how they were harvested and it seems the most humane way of harvesting an animal.

Thank you for answering, Fash, although your answer leaves me still wanting. You did say that you do not have a ready to deliver answer so I accept that. I was wanting to hear you stand up for eating meat and why removing it from your diet is not something you will consider because...

It's okay, Fash. This will do.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Chuck Bronson"I'm glad you came back to your senses...  Human body requires more intake than just lettuce and kale.

There are a lot of other products a person can eat to be their nutrition from besides meat.  I'm a city dweller...I don't need meat everyday.  If I was living in the bush like a wild woman and walking miles everyday, then yes, animal flash helps.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I ate maybe 3-4 ribs...could never eat a rack.. the kid loves meat on weekends.  Tomorrow is salmon  and corn on the cob...

Enjoy Berry.

ac_smile

Thx.  The salmon was good.  Tomorrow is back to vegetarian meals.

Bricktop

Back from the wilderness?

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Fash, what would you say to someone who will ask you this question:

Why do you eat meat? They are slaughtered inhumanely. How do you feel about the fact you are eating the meat of an animal that was brutally slaughtered?

I'm just curious what your answer will be, Fash. I am not a vegan. I eat meat as well.

I don't really have a ready to deliver answer Azhya..

Most of the meat in our house comes from Costco, Safeway and Save On Foods..

I would have to know where they buy their poultry, pork and beef from..

Occasionally, we get free range meat, and in fact I just did a bison roast in the slow cooker..

The farmer raises them humanely, but I don't know how they are slaughtered..

And then once in a rare while we'll get venison, elk or even moose given to us..

I know how they were harvested and it seems the most humane way of harvesting an animal.

Thank you for answering, Fash, although your answer leaves me still wanting. You did say that you do not have a ready to deliver answer so I accept that. I was wanting to hear you stand up for eating meat and why removing it from your diet is not something you will consider because...

It's okay, Fash. This will do.

I would bet Fash is not the type of gal that would let the cause of the day influence her decisions.

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Tomorrow is salmon  and corn on the cob...

I had salmon last night too, bacon wrapped, with a sprinkle of BBQ dry rub on them, SO good!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"

I had salmon last night too, bacon wrapped, with a sprinkle of BBQ dry rub on them, SO good!

I'm making Korean glass noodles or japchae tonight..

I'll post the recipe in Asian Recipes later on today.

Blazor

It sure sounds better than the tv dinner Im having tonight  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

It sure sounds better than the tv dinner Im having tonight  :laugh:

That's not even food.

Berry Sweet

I just want broth for dinner tomorrow.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I just want broth for dinner tomorrow.

We are having a miso based soup tonight.,

But, it has brown rice vermicelli, crushed garlic, diced onion, firm tofu, and broccoli.

Anonymous

It's going to be very warm today in Calgary..

We are going to barbeque pork steaks, pineapple rings, corn on the cob and mushrooms, onion, garlic and asparagus in butter and wrapped in tin foil cooked on the barbeque.