The best topic

Replies: 10474
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:17:47 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I am putting a pork roast in the slow cooker today.

Nice.

I slow roasted a garlic and lemon marinated butterfly lamb roast tonight and served with a mixed salad and rosemary potatoes.

Lamb is not one of my family's favourites..

Though it sounds like you did a lovely job of preparing it.

Frood

Quote from: "Twenty Dollars"

Nice.

I slow roasted a garlic and lemon marinated butterfly lamb roast tonight and served with a mixed salad and rosemary potatoes.

Sounds delicious Dianna. I love Lamb. Nice to see you here.

Thanks TD. It's thanks to Fash and the latest flush.

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Nice.

Lamb is not one of my family's favourites..

Though it sounds like you did a lovely job of preparing it.

We're like that with pork. It's eaten but never requested. Still can appreciate a slow cooked roast of anything though.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"We're like that with pork. It's eaten but never requested. Still can appreciate a slow cooked roast of anything though.

Like almost all Taiwanese/Chinese I was raised with pork as a staple..

Have you ever had lamb cooked in a slow cooker.

Frood

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"We're like that with pork. It's eaten but never requested. Still can appreciate a slow cooked roast of anything though.

Yes but we don't like doing legs of lamb just the less fatty lean cuts for stew. Lamb just tastes better barbecued or oven roasted.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Yes but we don't like doing legs of lamb just the less fatty lean cuts for stew. Lamb just tastes better barbecued or oven roasted.

I see, good to know.

Anonymous

I have never ttied lamb. I think I will now thanks to you.

Frood

Quote from: "Velvet"

I have never ttied lamb. I think I will now thanks to you.

Have a souvlaki or kebab your first time. Somewhere that charcoal roasts on a rotisserie. If you like that, move on to leaner loin cuts pan fried quickly. Lamb cutlets are pricey and small but are tasty barbecued.

Leg of lamb last. Very fatty. Might turn you off initially.
Blahhhhhh...

@realAzhyaAryola

Braised Leg of Lamb

I hadn't cooked it in decades because it isn't a popular item to me and to those who dine at my table but I did make it earlier this year. It looked like this. I enjoyed very much the texture of the meat especially since it was so very tender and juicy but the taste and flavor was just something I could not grow to love. It isn't the kind of meat I crave at all. Maybe I need to have it more often but I don't like it that much.

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Braised-Leg-of-Lamb-11.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

priscilla1961

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I hadn't cooked it in decades because it isn't a popular item to me and to those who dine at my table but I did make it earlier this year. It looked like this. I enjoyed very much the texture of the meat especially since it was so very tender and juicy but the taste and flavor was just something I could not grow to love. It isn't the kind of meat I crave at all. Maybe I need to have it more often but I don't like it that much.

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Braised-Leg-of-Lamb-11.jpg">

mmmmm
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Anonymous

Azhya always does prepare good meals.

@realAzhyaAryola

To a fault, Fash. That's why I'm not slim. Haha!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"To a fault, Fash. That's why I'm not slim. Haha!

What can I use as an excuse. :laugh3:

@realAzhyaAryola

I got this as a gift and never used it. I nearly trashed it but decided to try it recently. Oh my! What a gem! My grilled meat came out spectacularly! I guess I am keeping it. Wow.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04/43/87/67/0004438767722_500X500.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"I got this as a gift and never used it. I nearly trashed it but decided to try it recently. Oh my! What a gem! My grilled meat came out spectacularly! I guess I am keeping it. Wow.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/04/43/87/67/0004438767722_500X500.jpg">

I know what I want for Christmas.

ac_smile

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, Fash. It is an indoor grill. I'm so silly for not using it all this time.
@realAzhyaAryola