The best topic

Replies: 10495
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:44:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I kinda want to make French onion soup, but the kid wont eat it.  I wouldn't think French onion soup would freeze well???

I've never tried freezing it, but I can't imagine it would taste right after being warmed up..

I've bought mixes, but I've never made it from scratch.

Yeah, I prefer things fresh, but I cant always do it.  I do freeze soups such as my squash soup or a homemade tomato...anything base like freezes great, then I can add veggies n such after.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I kinda want to make French onion soup, but the kid wont eat it.  I wouldn't think French onion soup would freeze well???

I've never tried freezing it, but I can't imagine it would taste right after being warmed up..

Yeah, I prefer things fresh, but I cant always do it.  I do freeze soups such as my squash soup or a homemade tomato...anything base like freezes great, then I can add veggies n such after.

It's not so much that with French onion soup, the freeze, thaw and reheat of the cheese changes the texture.

Berry Sweet

I just found a recipe for thai coconut soup...I want to make it!! Possibly this weekend.

There is a wind storm here and power is flickering...my area should not be affected...n.van, abbotsford and langely have power outages.  I should think about cooking dinner soon just in case.

Berry Sweet

It's not so much that with French onion soup, the freeze, thaw and reheat of the cheese changes the texture.

Oh I wouldnt freeze with the cheese...that's the after topper.  I'm just worried about the onions and the outcome after freezing?

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Or maybe taco salad?

YES!!!

Sadly, the kid wont eat it  :sad:   I am taco tho! Everything taco!!

That is very sad  :sad:  She not like the meat, or the spice?

No worries, if we ever meet up, we will make taco babies, pretend we are hamsters, and feast on our young  :laugh:

Or if thats too twisted, we will just feast on tacos  :laugh:

Tacos is my favorite!
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Berry Sweet

YES!!!

No worries, if we ever meet up, we will make taco babies, pretend we are hamsters, and feast on our young  :laugh:

Tacos is my favorite!

She doesnt mind the spice...I guess she doesnt like all the veggies mixed in together to make the taco...that's my favorite part!   All that lettuce!!

Yes let's feast on our young! Lol

Berry Sweet

I ended up making spaghetti and meat sauce.

Blazor

YES!!!

Tacos is my favorite!

She doesnt mind the spice...I guess she doesnt like all the veggies mixed in together to make the taco...that's my favorite part!   All that lettuce!!

Oh ok, cant say I blame her, when I was younger I just liked the meat and cheese. Of course later I changed. I also use the most lettuce on my tacos here lol, unless I add avocados.

FEAST! lol

https://preview.ibb.co/bB3Pye/tacos.jpg">

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I ended up making spaghetti and meat sauce.

I was talking about spaghetti before I left work lol, about how our mom's use to make it, and how its gotta have extra meat.

Berry Sweet

I must have everything on my taco! Including pickled jalapenos!!

I gave her a choice...tacos or spaghetti and meat sauce...she chose spaghetti.  Mine must be meaty too...I generally lightly simmer my meat sauce for and hour or two for extra flavour and thick consistancy.

I just sat down to eat and now I dont feel hungry...I hate it when that happens :(

Anonymous

YES!!!

Tacos is my favorite!

Oh ok, cant say I blame her, when I was younger I just liked the meat and cheese. Of course later I changed. I also use the most lettuce on my tacos here lol, unless I add avocados.

FEAST! lol

https://preview.ibb.co/bB3Pye/tacos.jpg">

I want tacos.

kiebers

I had crispy tacos last night. Those look pretty damn good. I don't eat avocado, so I would add onions and fresh jalapeno to the lettuce and tomato. My wife said they looked really good to her.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I must have everything on my taco! Including pickled jalapenos!!

I gave her a choice...tacos or spaghetti and meat sauce...she chose spaghetti.  Mine must be meaty too...I generally lightly simmer my meat sauce for and hour or two for extra flavour and thick consistancy.

I just sat down to eat and now I dont feel hungry...I hate it when that happens :(

Oh man, I'll have to try it with jalapenos! Normally I do Texas Pete for the heat.

My homemade sauce takes 2 hours on simmer too lol. My mom use to let it simmer all day, and the recipe is literally called All Day Spaghetti lol. She would cook it down so good, you could use it as sloppy joe sauce as leftovers. I miss her sauce. My sauce is good, but I havent figured out her secret she had, so mine comes in between her recipe with a mix of my grandma's on my dad's side, where I add a lil hot sauce to it.

Well shucks. I dont think I ever get hungry and then not be hungry, unless something is bothering me. And I know you been dealing with a lot lately too, but ya still gotta eat  :spaghettib:

Blazor

Quote from: "Velvet"
I want tacos.

Me too lol!!! All this taco talk lol. That was jus a recent pic of my tacos I had handy lol.

I had Campbell's Sausage and Chicken Gumbo soup, with toasted cheese tonight.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"I had crispy tacos last night. Those look pretty damn good. I don't eat avocado, so I would add onions and fresh jalapeno to the lettuce and tomato. My wife said they looked really good to her.

Lol thanks. Have your normal margarita? I didnt use to eat avocado either til recently, I like it "sometimes" on tacos, or bake it with an egg in it once in a blue moon, which changes the taste when you bake it. Grill it when you put it on tacos too, which also changes the taste. And I also make a REAL good salsa with it, made that a few times. All this was within this past year or two. Gf was on an avocado kick so I gave it a try lol.