The best topic

Replies: 10495
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:44:23 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "iron horse jockey"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Yes. I enjoy medium rare.

Most people seem to.

It's the best.  The kid and I shared a steak and crab last night at the Keg.  The steak was med rare.  Anything med or well done just ruins the whole thing.  It makes it dry and easy to choke on.  Nasty.

A steak or roast can be well done and not tough.

I dunno about that.  I've watched people eat their well done steaks and literally chew chew chew.  

The only way I can see it being juicy I'd if cooked in crock pot with lots of broth.

When we do steaks they are  always well done..

We only buy steaks with good marbling.

Hmm.  I dont know much about cooking steak.  I dont but it and cook it.  I will only go out and order one.  I prefer they cook it for me.  Medium rare and sometimes rare for me.  We dont have steak very often.

I see Berry..

Any plans for New Years eve?

We're buying a ham tomorrow to cook Christmas eve.

Blazor

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Yes. I enjoy medium rare.

Most people seem to.

It's the best.  The kid and I shared a steak and crab last night at the Keg.  The steak was med rare.  Anything med or well done just ruins the whole thing.  It makes it dry and easy to choke on.  Nasty.

A steak or roast can be well done and not tough.

I dunno about that.  I've watched people eat their well done steaks and literally chew chew chew.  

The only way I can see it being juicy I'd if cooked in crock pot with lots of broth.

When we do steaks they are  always well done..

We only buy steaks with good marbling.

Hmm.  I dont know much about cooking steak.  I dont but it and cook it.  I will only go out and order one.  I prefer they cook it for me.  Medium rare and sometimes rare for me.  We dont have steak very often.

Yes! Medium rare to rare! I get it Pittsburgh Style, where its charred on both sides and served still mooing  :laugh:
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Blazor

I see Berry..

I hate to tell ya this sweety, but Christmas eve has passed  :laugh:

Since I was sick, I didnt do one for Christmas eve, but I was debating doing one New Years day. I got the ham a month ago, but need to cook it up.

Blazor

I had one of those frozen Tai Pei meals, teriyaki chicken, then watched a good flick called Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds. Was pretty good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
I see Berry..

Since I was sick, I didnt do one for Christmas eve, but I was debating doing one New Years day. I got the ham a month ago, but need to cook it up.

I meant New Years eve.

priscilla1961

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Standing Rib Roast

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/24/db/c6/24dbc6962f5948a976574b550ef4f33b.jpg">

That looks a bit rare for my tastes.

mmmmm
My Daughter Is Sweeter Than Fucking Sugar!!

Blazor

I see Berry..

I meant New Years eve.

No you didnt Fash!!! I know what you meant!!!  :001_tongue:

Lol, just pulling your leg  :laugh:

@realAzhyaAryola

Grilled shrimp, avocado, corn and cilantro salad.

https://howtofeedaloon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Shrimp-Salad1.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Grilled shrimp, avocado, corn and cilantro salad.

https://howtofeedaloon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Shrimp-Salad1.jpg">

Avocado and corn are good together.

Blazor

Looks yummy Azhya! I would devour that in no time with the munchies I have right now lololol.

Blazor

One of my best friends came over, we drank, had Chinese lol. I got sweet and sour chicken, with white rice and an egg roll. Hes laid off for the next two months, very glad to hang out with him. Hes 10 years older than me, but I've known him for 24 years. Its only this time of year I get to see him. Got worried about him this past year, heart and diabetic issues. Hes coming back over Sunday when I make Wild Turkey chili. They work his ass off, so we only get a 1-2 month window to actually hang out.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"One of my best friends came over, we drank, had Chinese lol. I got sweet and sour chicken, with white rice and an egg roll. Hes laid off for the next two months, very glad to hang out with him. Hes 10 years older than me, but I've known him for 24 years. Its only this time of year I get to see him. Got worried about him this past year, heart and diabetic issues. Hes coming back over Sunday when I make Wild Turkey chili. They work his ass off, so we only get a 1-2 month window to actually hang out.

What does he do that they work him so many hours?

Blazor

Quote from: "Blazor"One of my best friends came over, we drank, had Chinese lol. I got sweet and sour chicken, with white rice and an egg roll. Hes laid off for the next two months, very glad to hang out with him. Hes 10 years older than me, but I've known him for 24 years. Its only this time of year I get to see him. Got worried about him this past year, heart and diabetic issues. Hes coming back over Sunday when I make Wild Turkey chili. They work his ass off, so we only get a 1-2 month window to actually hang out.

Hes a plant operator for a paving company. Hes good at what he does, been there for nearly 30 years, works doubles sometimes, sometimes even has to sleep on a cot there for a few hours and goes back at it again. Hate how they work him so much. He dont mind the overtime, but the older he gets, the harder it is on him. Hes happy hes laid off lol.

Anonymous

Hes a plant operator for a paving company. Hes good at what he does, been there for nearly 30 years, works doubles sometimes, sometimes even has to sleep on a cot there for a few hours and goes back at it again. Hate how they work him so much. He dont mind the overtime, but the older he gets, the harder it is on him. Hes happy hes laid off lol.

I don't blame him..

Proper sleep is very good.

Blazor

I don't blame him..

Proper sleep is very good.

Believe me I know that one lol. When  I actually get a good night, Im so energized the next day.