The best topic

Replies: 10516
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:39:33 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Flynn

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "kiebers"LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

I make a basic stuffing with diced celery, onion, potatoes, sage, poultry seasoning, garlic puree, butter and of  course whole wheat bread.

Pretty much the same recipe just with cornbread. Next time I will cut back on cornmeal and add more flour for less density.

Kiebs, does it make it taste sweet? :yuk:

No not at all. No sugar used. I don't care much for the sweetened variety. There was a slight buttery taste from the stick of butter in it. Just 6 ingredients. Corn meal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and butter. All I had was self rising flour, otherwise, I would have put baking powder and soda in it.

I actually like sweet cornbread lol. But standard cornbread is fine with other things to like a nice bowl of beans.

I actually bought some baking powder and baking soda less than an hour ago! lol
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "kiebers"LOL...it's the only kind of dressing I have ever really had at Thanksgiving or Christmas. I have had the stove top bread stuffing and it's not bad for stuff the rest of the year. But here in Texas, cornbread stuffing is all I have ever had.

I make a basic stuffing with diced celery, onion, potatoes, sage, poultry seasoning, garlic puree, butter and of  course whole wheat bread.

Pretty much the same recipe just with cornbread. Next time I will cut back on cornmeal and add more flour for less density.

No not at all. No sugar used. I don't care much for the sweetened variety. There was a slight buttery taste from the stick of butter in it. Just 6 ingredients. Corn meal, flour, eggs, milk, salt and butter. All I had was self rising flour, otherwise, I would have put baking powder and soda in it.

I actually like sweet cornbread lol. But standard cornbread is fine with other things to like a nice bowl of beans.

I'm curious now about corn bread stuffing.

I've never made corn bread....it's not common here..

But, it might make an interesting change for Christmas dinner.

Blazor

Thats the spirit Fash! Trying something new! You could always do two small batches of each. Stuffing goes great with leftovers for the next several days after lol.

Anonymous

Thats the spirit Fash! Trying something new! You could always do two small batches of each. Stuffing goes great with leftovers for the next several days after lol.

I put some stuffing in the turkey cavity and some in tinfoil..

I could put corn bread in the tin foil and brown bread stuffing in the turkey or I could even mix the two..

I'll find a corn bread recipe first.

Blazor

I could put corn bread in the tin foil and brown bread stuffing in the turkey or I could even mix the two..

There ya go! Brown in the bird!  :laugh:

Anonymous

Or mix brown bread and corn bread to make stuffing.

Blazor

Hmmm, I dont know if I would go that route, they are each unique. Stuffing, and corn bread, are different to me. Then again, we are suppose to accept cross genders and races, so interracial bread should be no different  :laugh:

Anonymous

Hmmm, I dont know if I would go that route, they are each unique. Stuffing, and corn bread, are different to me. Then again, we are suppose to accept cross genders and races, so interracial bread should be no different  :laugh:

I don't know if I would do that, but I would like to make a little corn bread stuffing.

kiebers

https://i.imgur.com/y4aNKHD.jpg?1">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"https://i.imgur.com/y4aNKHD.jpg?1">

That goes without saying.

Anonymous

Corn bread stuffing sounds really good.

Anonymous

Berry Sweet

I want to make something vegetarian tomorrow, not sure what.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"I want ramen tonight.

I been craving Ramen too lately lol, but still havent had some.

Last night I had a couple pot pies.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"I want ramen tonight.

I been craving Ramen too lately lol, but still havent had some.

Last night I had a couple pot pies.

You should eat better
Blahhhhhh...