The best topic

Replies: 10566
Total votes: : 4

Last post: October 06, 2024, 10:32:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

I had Thai basil chicken flat bread for lunch. It was terrible.

Frood

Deep fried shark, calamari rings, prawns, and scallops
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=365927 time=1592004285 user_id=1676
Deep fried shark, calamari rings, prawns, and scallops

I've never had shark other than shark fin soup.

Frood

Gummy shark filets are nice breaded in batter and deep fried. No bones about it!
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

I'm making Mediterranean penne tonight.

Frood

BLT's and pumpkin soup...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=366681 time=1592540677 user_id=1676
BLT's and pumpkin soup...

I've only had sweet pumpkin soup....I'd like to try the savoury kind.

Frood

Easy to make... chop up chunks of pumpkin or squash, carrots, onions, and potatoes and roast in the oven till browned and cooked. (Greater portion of veggies being the pumpkin)

Simmer those chunks in chicken or vegetable stock (just enough stock needed that the soup will be a mildly thick consistency when pureed with a stick blender).

Towards the end of the simmering, add in your preferred savoury herbs... ginger, coriander, garlic work well but others do too. Curry powder is another alternative.

Puree then add some dollops of sour cream, cooking cream, or plain yogurt to your satisfaction... and blend all together...

Google pumpkin soup to see hundreds of variations...
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=366685 time=1592542358 user_id=1676
Easy to make... chop up chunks of pumpkin or squash, carrots, onions, and potatoes and roast in the oven till browned and cooked. (Greater portion of veggies being the pumpkin)

Simmer those chunks in chicken or vegetable stock (just enough stock needed that the soup will be a mildly thick consistency when pureed with a stick blender).

Towards the end of the simmering, add in your preferred savoury herbs... ginger, coriander, garlic work well but others do too. Curry powder is another alternative.

Puree then add some dollops of sour cream, cooking cream, or plain yogurt to your satisfaction... and blend all together...

I will try that sometime and see how if my family likes it.

Frood

Cracked pepper and salt over the top of it is good and so is a drizzle of cream or yogurt.. chives also
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=366694 time=1592545001 user_id=1676
Cracked pepper and salt over the top of it is good and so is a drizzle of cream or yogurt.. chives also

I'll add that too when I make it.

ac_smile

Anonymous

What to make for meatless Monday.

ac_umm

Maybe I'll get takeout from Freshii.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dinky Dazza" post_id=366685 time=1592542358 user_id=1676

mmm mmm

Anonymous

I'm making Thai pork and noodle stir fry.

Anonymous

I had an avacado, chickpea and quinoa bowl yesterday. It was so good.