Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

I don't have a degree which makes me vulnerable in hard time

Started by Anonymous, March 05, 2015, 09:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

I hope everything works out for you and your family, Fash!

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"I cannot be a supervisor in my department without a degree even though I have done her job while she was on annual vacation..

My husband has decided to do residential wiring on weekends..

Depending on what cutbacks are in the budget for civil servants, I may look for a part time job too..

I hope I don't have to look for a full time one.

ac_unsure

Have you ever considered going to school, Fash? A lot of accredited universities and colleges have very good online programs where you could earn a BS in Business Admin. It will take time depending how much prior schooling you have but in the end it can only be a plus for your career.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"I hope everything works out for you and your family, Fash!

Thanks Romero, I hope so too..

It is so stressful right now at my work and my husband's shop too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Fashionista"I cannot be a supervisor in my department without a degree even though I have done her job while she was on annual vacation..

Depending on what cutbacks are in the budget for civil servants, I may look for a part time job too..

ac_unsure

Have you ever considered going to school, Fash? A lot of accredited universities and colleges have very good online programs where you could earn a BS in Business Admin. It will take time depending how much prior schooling you have but in the end it can only be a plus for your career.

The only post secondary I have is a certificate in office administration Renee..

I have looked into earning a degree in a non traditional method..

I should have did that more than a decade ago..

It would mean I am less likely to be laid off today and I would have a better position..

We have so many expenses with our children's private school being the most costly..

My husband and I are going to watch our spending for the foreseeable future..

Oh I wish I had pursued a degree when times were good.

ac_unsure

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"

I could imagine it is. I know you are probably tired of hearing it, but it WILL rebound. The best way to get good prices for crude is to have low prices for a while. Fewer drilling rigs working means lower production and it will eventually mean supply is not keeping up with demand. It works in reverse too when prices are unsustainably high. We conserve more and push down demand.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I could imagine it is. I know you are probably tired of hearing it, but it WILL rebound. The best way to get good prices for crude is to have low prices for a while. Fewer drilling rigs working means lower production and it will eventually mean supply is not keeping up with demand. It works in reverse too when prices are unsustainably high. We conserve more and push down demand.

Another day and more anxiety about what is coming in the provincial budget..

It is even more stressful where my husband works.

Gary Oak

ac_unsure

Was doesn't she just buy a degree like every other Chinese Canadiscammer. ac_drinks  ac_hithere  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gary Oak"

ac_unsure

Was doesn't she just buy a degree like every other Chinese Canadiscammer. ac_drinks  ac_hithere  ac_drinks

I am not from China and I am not interested in diploma mill degree, but thank you for your concern Gary Oak.

Renee

ac_unsure

The only post secondary I have is a certificate in office administration Renee..

It would mean I am less likely to be laid off today and I would have a better position..

We have so many expenses with our children's private school being the most costly..

ac_unsure

If I were you I would look into getting started regardless of the economic times. As I stated previously it's going to take you a few years depending on how many courses you take to get a degree so the sooner you start the better.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

ac_unsure

If I were you I would look into getting started regardless of the economic times. As I stated previously it's going to take you a few years depending on how many courses you take to get a degree so the sooner you start the better.

That is a very good idea Renee..

The longer I procrastinate the harder it will be to get started..

I still may need to look for a part time job, but if I don't need to, I could use the time I would spend at a part time job improving myself.

ac_smile

Obvious Li

ac_unsure

I still may need to look for a part time job, but if I don't need to, I could use the time I would spend at a part time job improving myself.

ac_smile

fash.....check Athabasca University ...best online uni in the world......highly recommended

Anonymous

^ Yeah, I have heard good things about it too. There are US options that will grant credits towards your degree for work experience. I can't remember the names of those unis, but a quick Google search will yield results.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"^ Yeah, I have heard good things about it too. There are US options that will grant credits towards your degree for work experience. I can't remember the names of those unis, but a quick Google search will yield results.

Phoenix Online and CTU are the ones that come to mind. Both accredited schools.

But I'm almost certain that a Canadian Uni will be more cost effective. Paying US tuition rates is like being disemboweled with a wooden spoon.  ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"^ Yeah, I have heard good things about it too. There are US options that will grant credits towards your degree for work experience. I can't remember the names of those unis, but a quick Google search will yield results.

Phoenix Online and CTU are the ones that come to mind. Both accredited schools.

But I'm almost certain that a Canadian Uni will be more cost effective. Paying US tuition rates is like being disemboweled with a wooden spoon.  ac_wot

Especailly right now with the shitty exchange rate(for us). Phoenix is like the Escalade of online unis.

Bottom line, is there are so many options nowadays for non-traditional learning. If a degree is a necessity for her, gitter done I say.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

ac_smile

fash.....check Athabasca University ...best online uni in the world......highly recommended

Fashionista couldn't pass an entrance exam to dog obedience school. ac_drinks  ac_dance  ac_drinks