The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Game of Thrones?

Started by Odinson, May 26, 2013, 03:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Renee"I have and I'm up to date on the books as well.

BTW Fash, I'm not crazy about Vikings either. I really wanted to like it but I can't warm up to it. It's presented as historical fiction but it full of inaccuracies. So much so that it ruins it for me.

I saw the violence and that was enough for me Renee..

I could barely believe it.

The violence is not the issue for me. It's the inaccurate social structure and warfare strategies of both the Danes and the Saxons the bugs the crap out of me. Also almost every one of the characters are completely unlikable.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"The violence is shocking but it is one of the first series I have ever seen where nothing can be predicted and I like that!  (I didn't ruin it by reading the books).

Real Woman, do you allow your children to watch Vikings?

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

BTW Fash, I'm not crazy about Vikings either. I really wanted to like it but I can't warm up to it. It's presented as historical fiction but it full of inaccuracies. So much so that it ruins it for me.

The violence is not the issue for me. It's the inaccurate social structure and warfare strategies of both the Danes and the Saxons the bugs the crap out of me. Also almost every one of the characters are completely unlikable.

I'm afraid I know nothing about that Renee.

ac_blush

RW

Quote from: "Renee"

There was too much of a gap in the seasons and I lost interest.  Same with Orange is the New Black.   Now I just don't care about any of the people.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"God no!!!!

I didn't think so and I apologize if it seemed my question had a sarcastic tone about it.

Annie

Ooooh I can't wait till it's back on! Right now I"m half way through season 2 of Vikings :)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

That above "God No!" was about Vikings.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"The violence is shocking but it is one of the first series I have ever seen where nothing can be predicted and I like that!  (I didn't ruin it by reading the books).

I read the first 4 books well before the series came to TV. So I didn't have much of a choice in terms of plot surprises.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Ooooh I can't wait till it's back on! Right now I"m half way through season 2 of Vikings :)

Oh my Annie, but then again your children are adults and you don't have to worry if they catch glimpses of that show while you are watching it.

RW

Quote from: "Real Woman"God no!!!!

I didn't think so and I apologize if it seemed my question had a sarcastic tone about it.

No no Fash - I was just being empathic in that my kids don't watch violent shows.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Annie

Exactly Fash, my son got me hooked on Game of Thrones. My daughter doesn't watch it or even any zombie shows, she's more into anime.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I have seen every episode multiple times :)

Real Woman and Gary Oak have something in common?

ac_huh

RW has NOTHING in common with that disturbed asshole.

keeper

ac_unsure

Not the reaction I was hoping for, I really like the show.

Almost sorry I posted this ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"ac_unsure

Not the reaction I was hoping for, I really like the show.

Almost sorry I posted this ac_wot

Why would you be sorry Keeps? What reaction were you hoping to get?