The best topic

Replies: 10365
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:38:44 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by formosan

Re: Interracial Relationships

Started by Pinay, October 29, 2012, 12:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say probably 50 to 60% of men have some kind of control issue especially when it comes to relationships. Let's face facts we all want control over something in our relationship. Very rarely will you find a man or women who will just roll over and give in on every aspect of their life together. Whether it be picking a place to live or how to raise the children or how to handle the money most of us have a strong opinion on how or where it should be done. Usually a compromise is needed before an amicable decision can be made. It's all about control and making sure you exert that control. We lie to ourselves and call it compromise (a joint decision  :lol: ) but it's really just a way to have a measure of control over the decisions and people who affect our lives.

I might be wrong but at least that's how it currently works in my world.

But as you said; when it gets carried to excess that's when it gets creepy and dangerous. Even when the obsession starts out as being a consensual or mutually agreed upon thing it usually ends up going bad with one of the participants attempting to exert complete control over the other.

Oh yeah, opinions are like assholes in that we all have one. Everyone thinks they are right and no best on any important issue. However, I find that considerably different from some guy who is obsessed with a woman of a certain race because of media stereotypes. It's not even that they have a fetish, it's that the fetish controls them instead of the guy having control over his fetish. Really creeps me out.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"So some guys have said to you "you are hot because you are asian"?

I have known guys who are interested in Asian women based on some stupid fetish/fantasy, yes.

I'll bet most of those fantasy/ fetishes are based in the racist and misogynistic stereotype that Asian women are culturally and socially subservient to their men. A lot of these guys with Asian fantasies are guys that have control issues. They think that an Asian woman will cater to their every need, rub their feet after a hard day and have dinner and their slippers waiting for them when they get home. It basically goes back to the WWII era stereotype of the Japanese War bride..... A women who only speaks when spoken to, lives to serve her man and bare his children, has no independent thought of her own and if she does, she dares not voice it.

It's a twisted 1950s idea of relationship between man and woman. It speaks to the concept that some men simply feel threatened by women in general.

But that's not unusual. Weird and odd male behavior manifests itself in a lot of different ways because for all their chest beating and huffing and puffing most men don't have clue one when it comes to dealing with a woman on a relationship level.

My sister is married to a white guy. He is not one of those guys you and Shen are talking about though. Oh he likes Asian features I am sure or he would not be with my sister, but he treats her with respect and does expect her to conform to the insulting objectification of Asian women that is so pervasive in Western media.

Renee

Just to be clear I'm not saying all men who are attracted to Asian women have a weird stereotype control fetish. It's generally only the ones that go around claiming that Asian women due to the ethnicity are superior to western women. The Troll BWD more than likely is one of those kinds of guys or is pretending to be. His insistence that Asian women are superior in attitude, appearance and demeanor and that all men should be attracted to them shows a level of objectification that can only be described as a creepy fetish.

Nobody knows better than I that not everyone has the same taste in a partner. It's a given that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but when you start crowing about the superiority of your own personal tastes over another's idea of what they are attracted to you have crossed the line into the territory of crazy talk.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Odinson

King Richard the Lionheart and Queen Elizabeth... Thats a good setting.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Just to be clear I'm not saying all men who are attracted to Asian women have a weird stereotype control fetish. It's generally only the ones that go around claiming that Asian women due to the ethnicity are superior to western women. The Troll BWD more than likely is one of those kinds of guys or is pretending to be. His insistence that Asian women are superior in attitude, appearance and demeanor and that all men should be attracted to them shows a level of objectification that can only be described as a creepy fetish.

Nobody knows better than I that not everyone has the same taste in a partner. It's a given that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but when you start crowing about the superiority of your own personal tastes over another's idea of what they are attracted to you have crossed the line into the territory of crazy talk.

Hello Renee, Big Wave Dave says some very offensive and inaccurate things..

But, I am afraid he may not be pretending.

Odinson

Asians use the word "courting" or atleast I´ve heard it from them a few times... Fashie being one of those times..

Sounds kinda oldskool...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Asians use the word "courting" or atleast I´ve heard it from them a few times... Fashie being one of those times..

Sounds kinda oldskool...

I don't care if it sounds old school, it is how I phrase it.

Odinson

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Odinson"Asians use the word "courting" or atleast I´ve heard it from them a few times... Fashie being one of those times..

Sounds kinda oldskool...

Okay okay... No need to get mad. :D

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

Sounds kinda oldskool...

Okay okay... No need to get mad. :D

I am not angry Odi.

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Renee"Just to be clear I'm not saying all men who are attracted to Asian women have a weird stereotype control fetish. It's generally only the ones that go around claiming that Asian women due to the ethnicity are superior to western women. The Troll BWD more than likely is one of those kinds of guys or is pretending to be. His insistence that Asian women are superior in attitude, appearance and demeanor and that all men should be attracted to them shows a level of objectification that can only be described as a creepy fetish.

Asian women are superior to white women, everyone knows that. The problem is with the backstabbing, eenie weenie dorkynuts Chinese guys.

Odinson

Fashie, let the hate flow through you.

Odinson

Quote from: "Gary Oak"

Asian women are superior to white women, everyone knows that. The problem is with the backstabbing, eenie weenie dorkynuts Chinese guys.

I´m gonna pull the usual female thing... "white woman gave birth to you!"

Odinson

I was looking at my family-tree and I noticed that there was a sudden drop in the size of the family that occurred few decades ago.

Used to have 14-18 kid families all the time but now no1 seems to wanna have more than 2 kids because they are expensive to keep.

Big Wave Dave

Asian women are small, skinny, appealing and lovely. They have smoothly skin and beautiful smiles. An Asian girl has not only the physical beauty but also the good inner characteristics. The way she cares for her husband, look after the home, and take care of her children is the best. Most Asian women have different ethos about family than most of white women. They respect their parents and do not usually place their mothers or fathers in nursing homes. The parents have taken care of their children for the whole life so the children must take care of their parents in the last late years.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Big Wave Dave"Asian women are small, skinny, appealing and lovely. They have smoothly skin and beautiful smiles. An Asian girl has not only the physical beauty but also the good inner characteristics. The way she cares for her husband, look after the home, and take care of her children is the best. Most Asian women have different ethos about family than most of white women. They respect their parents and do not usually place their mothers or fathers in nursing homes. The parents have taken care of their children for the whole life so the children must take care of their parents in the last late years.

I'm 5 foot 8 and curvy. I'm also opinionated and have a bit of temper. Prolly not "good inner characteristics" in your narrow view?