Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

And they wonder why it is broken......

Started by Obvious Li, October 31, 2012, 08:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

Every american taxpayer should get down on their knees and thank Obama and then go vote for him......me i'll take the Harperites anyday....even though they wouldn't know a fiscal program if it bit them in the ass.....

(CNSNews.com) – The federal government spent enough money on federal means-tested welfare programs to have sent each impoverished household a check for nearly $60,000, according to figures from the Census Bureau and the Congressional Research Service (CRS).

According to a report from the CRS produced for Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.), $1 trillion was spent on federal welfare programs during fiscal year 2011 – with $746 billion in federal funds and $254 in state matching funds.

The U.S. Census Bureau reported that there were approximately 16.8 million households living below the federal poverty level of $23,000 per year for a family of four in 2011.

If each of the estimated 16.8 million households with income below the poverty level were to have received an equal share of the total welfare spending for fiscal year 2011, they each would have received $59,523.

If only the 2011 federal share of welfare spending (no state matching funds) were spent as direct cash payments, each household would have received $44,404, which is nearly double the federal poverty level for a family of four.

This federal welfare spending does not include programs such as Medicare and Social Security, because they are not means-tested programs. Means-tested programs are those that only pay out benefits to people whose incomes fall below a certain threshold, such as food stamps, traditional cash welfare, and Medicaid.

In other words, if the government were to discontinue its myriad federal welfare programs, such as housing vouchers, food stamps, and Medicaid, and instead just wrote every poor household a check, it would nearly quadruple their income: increasing it from at most $23,000 per year to nearly $83,000 per year.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/report-">http://cnsnews.com/news/article/report- ... 9523-check

Securious

the "entitled generation" wont have a clue

Romero

Quote from: "Obvious Li"Every american taxpayer should get down on their knees and thank Obama and then go vote for him......me i'll take the Harperites anyday....even though they wouldn't know a fiscal program if it bit them in the ass.....

How much have you received from EI this year?

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"Every american taxpayer should get down on their knees and thank Obama and then go vote for him......me i'll take the Harperites anyday....even though they wouldn't know a fiscal program if it bit them in the ass.....

How much have you received from EI this year?

ZING!!

come now Miss Li.....no zingers there......EI is an INSURANCE program, paid into by the mass of worker bees, not an ENTITLEMENT program.....i am merely collecting what is due to me as is my paid up right......i am now part of the down trodden masses and the man definitely has his boot on my neck grinding away......

now Homer ....i get my first check for this season next tuesday....should be around $1500 per month, the misses gets about $1200..if you actually work thank you so much for the contributions......we will both be thinking of you when we are in vegas next week......ZING

Romero

Wait a minute... there's two of you milking EI?  :lol:  Priceless!

I know how EI works. What you paid into it this year doesn't even cover what you're getting back in just one cheque. It is an entitlement program. That money is paid by people who are working. i.e. not you.

Don't forget that you're not allowed to receive EI benefits while on vacation. You'll have to let EI know when you're going and when you'll be back.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"Wait a minute... there's two of you milking EI?  :lol:  Priceless!

I know how EI works. What you paid into it this year doesn't even cover what you're getting back in just one cheque. It is an entitlement program. That money is paid by people who are working. i.e. not you.

Don't forget that you're not allowed to receive EI benefits while on vacation. You'll have to let EI know when you're going and when you'll be back.

[/b]

lol..no problem...we always go on vacation during the 2 week waiting period.....we obey the rules as good canadians always do......well sort of...;we never claim the revenue we receive in our accounts overseas,,,but that's ok...Paul Martin doesn't either...lololol

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
ZING!!

come now Miss Li.....no zingers there......EI is an INSURANCE program, paid into by the mass of worker bees, not an ENTITLEMENT program.....i am merely collecting what is due to me as is my paid up right......i am now part of the down trodden masses and the man definitely has his boot on my neck grinding away......

now Homer ....i get my first check for this season next tuesday....should be around $1500 per month, the misses gets about $1200..if you actually work thank you so much for the contributions......we will both be thinking of you when we are in vegas next week......ZING

Just teasing you a little Obvious...friends do that to each other. I can understand your rationale for collecting. Only thing I would disagree with you about is EI being a real insurance program because let's face it, it isn't. Personally, I have made the decision I will never collect "benefits".

ok ...your forgiven (sic) xoxoxo......i agree with you...i thought like that at one time as well...it is just my personal protest against the system.....after having the rewards of my hard labor stolen by groups of parasites for the last 40 years, supported by the looney left.....i decided to join the parade......as you know my goal is to re-coup as much as i can before i die......i promise i will leave it all to some right wing cause when i go to the great workers paradise in the sky. Hopefully i will be able to handle those 70 virgins waiting for me upon arrival......have a good thursday.