The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

You Think You Know Art?

Started by Leopardsocks, March 30, 2015, 09:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Leopardsocks

The painting below has many names, including the Blue Cloak.

Painted in the 16th century be a renowned Dutch artist, can YOU see some or all of his subtle pokes at humanity?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4066/4504290667_392c243212_o.jpg">

Renee

In the lower left you see a women carrying a smoking ember and a bucket of water. It illustrates the dutch proverb of "never believe someone who carries fire in one hand and water in the other". It's supposed to represent someone who is a two faced, shit stirring, douche.

I think that's something we all have been touched by recently.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

easter bunny

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bvyt7gaCMAARfQ9.jpg">

@realAzhyaAryola

On the upper left corner through a window, a man and woman are having hanky panky in the attic.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

RW

Banging your head against a brick wall, the world is turned upside down and it looks like the guy is taking a crap on it, the die is cast, throwing feathers into the wind, swimming against the current....

There are so many points.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Leopardsocks

Well, what ARE they?

Beating your head against a brick wall is one, of course...but there are literally dozens.

Renee was rii....sorry....Renee got one riii....damn...trying again...Renee is corr.....

Sorry. It just won't type. Weird.

Anonymous

Leopardsocks

Well spotted, Mel.

That is EXACTLY what it is not.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"It's a collection of idioms.

Collection of idiots??? ac_huh  Do we need a painting to see that?  ac_umm
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Leo, Wikipedia has them all listed (eh Renee? ;) )
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Leo, Wikipedia has them all listed (eh Renee? ;) )

Yes it does but anyone can list them. The trick is applying them or eluding to some form of life experience in order to explain their relevancy. Which BTW, I did.  ac_sothere

RW

Indeed you did.  I'd do that as well but it would not be well received.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Indeed you did.  I'd do that as well but it would not be well received.

Pussy.  ac_toofunny

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!