The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

On Banishment...

Started by Leopardsocks, April 02, 2015, 07:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Mind-boggling. Then it's no different. Just let in the deranged.

That is not what I am saying Azhya..

I mean he is a tortured soul and hope he gets better.

Leopardsocks

I don't think anyone would wish otherwise.

But harassing, abusing, and insulting forum members is not the road to recovery, or even therapeutic.

Be careful not to adopt an evs sense of responsibilty to these wastrels...they are not insane. They are masters of exploitation of philanthropic gestures.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"I don't think anyone would wish otherwise.

But harassing, abusing, and insulting forum members is not the road to recovery, or even therapeutic.

Be careful not to adopt an evs sense of responsibilty to these wastrels...they are not insane. They are masters of exploitation of philanthropic gestures.

That is uncalled for Leopardsocks, I agree.

Leopardsocks

I really do like the notion of a people's tribunal, though.

Takes the strain off the mods/admin. I don't mean to imply that their abilty should be reduced...but when you get borderline cases like Mel, and the mod/admin is in two minds, throw it out to the members!!!

keeper

Quote from: "Fashionista"

What do you suggest we do Fashy?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"I really do like the notion of a people's tribunal, though.

Takes the strain off the mods/admin. I don't mean to imply that their abilty should be reduced...but when you get borderline cases like Mel, and the mod/admin is in two minds, throw it out to the members!!!

I have tried to make this place consensus based Leopardsocks while still supporting my mods..

Up until recently it worked fairly well too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"

I don't know Keeper..

I do not like banning as you know..

Lucky Number 8 is capable of being a good poster..

Romero told me that too..

My hope is he would be that way more often.

Leopardsocks

OK. Ignore my lack of awareness.

I'm simply trying to engage in an open discussion as to what everyone thinks we should do to handle evs cast offs. Keeper has a lot to deal with in the transition phase, working with you, RW and everyone else.

He does not need to be bothered by a deranged alligator while draining the swamp.

keeper

I don't know Keeper..

I agree 100%, but soon as he starts to drink he turns in to an jerk. The proof was last night.

He will not stop.

Leopardsocks

I don't know Keeper..

As a former officer of the law, I did not enjoy arresting people. Especially in situations where lives were ruined. And trust me...MANY were. A married, professional mn exposing himself on a public beach.

Bus drivers caught speeding or drink driving when off duty. Immediate dismissal.

But, I knew that what I was doing was for the benefit of the society as a hole. And more importantly, it was not my actions as a police officer that created their dire circumstance, it was THEIR action that led them to a world of crisis.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"OK. Ignore my lack of awareness.

I'm simply trying to engage in an open discussion as to what everyone thinks we should do to handle evs cast offs. Keeper has a lot to deal with in the transition phase, working with you, RW and everyone else.

He does not need to be bothered by a deranged alligator while draining the swamp.

Discussion is what we are all about Leopardsocks.

ac_smile

Anonymous

I don't know Keeper..

I agree 100%, but soon as he starts to drink he turns in to an jerk. The proof was last night.

He will not stop.

I know that Keeper..

But, we have another poster that can turn into a jerk too when drinking alcohol..

Let's be fair about this.

keeper

2 different things Fashy.....

Have you noticed how Mel talks to people Fash? he talks TO THEM not at them. That is not discussion that is insulting, Calling Renee Fat, RW a cunt,me a Faggot. making 13 threads complaining about posters and when he does not get his way he makes 13 more threads complaining to you (the admin) he is vile and not worth anyones time.

Im open to suggestions.

easter bunny

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "Shen Li"
Anyone can have an off day, but Mel takes the bullshit too far.

I agree too. Mel's having an off life. Seriously though, this place is for grown-ups. He needs to go back to the play pen.

I can understand everyone's feelings, but I cannot help feel empathy for Lucky Number 8..

I know it is not what posters want to see, but it is how my heart feels.

Oh don't get me wrong, Fash. It's not that I don't feel empathy for him. I do. But I also feel empathy for the people here. Everyone needs to have a safe place where they can recharge their batteries. There's nothing Mel can do here that he can't do in the other forum, except irritate the people here. That's the only reason he wants to be here. He's jealous of people like you Fash, and he wants to make you share in his misery. If you let him get away with such childish behavior you won't really be helping him.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"2 different things Fashy.....

Have you noticed how Mel talks to people Fash? he talks TO THEM not at them. That is not discussion that is insulting, Calling Renee Fat, RW a cunt,me a Faggot. making 13 threads complaining about posters and when he does not get his way he makes 13 more threads complaining to you (the admin) he is vile and not worth anyones time.

Im open to suggestions.

I don't see it Keeper because it happens after I go to bed and before I wake up..

I rarely see them..

You are doing a good job.

ac_smile